Sister for Jonah

I’m attempting to solidify sibling names for my son, [name]Jonah[/name] [name]Elliot[/name]. The sex of our second child will be concealed until birth, so we need to settle on a boy name and a girl name.

For the girls, so far we have:
[name]Adiah[/name] [name]Colette[/name] - meaning “ornament of Jehovah” and “[name]Victory[/name] of the People” . . . This name is extremely significant and feels like a powerful declaration of our faith, but I’m concerned that [name]Adiah[/name] will be percieved as strange (pronounced A-[name]DEE[/name]-uh).
[name]Ella[/name] [name]Sofia[/name]- my husband’s name is [name]Allen[/name], and [name]Ella[/name] is almost the inverse of his name. He’s in love with this one. I love [name]Sofia[/name] because it means “revelatory wisdom.”
[name]Evelyn[/name] Caire- We love the class and sophistication of this name. We would likely call her “[name]Eve[/name].”
Which girl name do you think fits best with our son [name]Jonah[/name] [name]Elliot[/name]?
Also, our last name is [name]Willis[/name], so I’m concerned that [name]Ella[/name] [name]Willis[/name] may have too many L’s. Thanks so much for your advice! :slight_smile:

[name]Jonah[/name] [name]Elliot[/name] is a fabulous name!

I like all the names for different reasons, but no particular combo you have selected stands out for me.

[name]Adiah[/name] [name]Colette[/name] – [name]Adiah[/name] is very pretty but you will have pronunciation issues. I feel that whilst they are both Biblical, [name]Jonah[/name] has a softer, down-to-earth quality whereas [name]Adiah[/name] seems very exotic by comparison.

[name]Ella[/name] [name]Sofia[/name] – This combo flows beautifully, but [name]Ella[/name] is very popular and looks a little bland next to [name]Jonah[/name] imo. Plus [name]Ella[/name] [name]Sofia[/name] in itself is a very popular pairing.

[name]Evelyn[/name] [name]Claire[/name] – Of all the first names, I think [name]Evelyn[/name] fits [name]Jonah[/name] the best for its elegant yet gentle feel. I’m not crazy about it with [name]Claire[/name] though. It seems to bring the elegance of [name]Evelyn[/name] down to its more homespun routes and takes it away from sophisticated lineage.

If I could mix I would go for [name]Evelyn[/name] [name]Sofia[/name] nn [name]Eve[/name]. That would fit perfectly with [name]Jonah[/name] [name]Elliot[/name] imo :slight_smile:

I agree! [name]Don[/name]'t know how I could say it better.

Well, [name]Ella[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] is beautiful, but both names are SO popular. I just think you want a name that will stand out more (especially next to the handsome and distinctive [name]Jonah[/name]).

That said, [name]Adiah[/name] might stand out too much and the pronunciation will be an issue (before I read your explanation, I thought it was uh-dye-uh).

[name]Evelyn[/name] is simply gorgeous. I agree with the way the previous poster described it, and I think it is PERFECT with [name]Jonah[/name]. Ordinarily I would say [name]Evelyn[/name] [name]Claire[/name] is an amazing choice (and it is; I actually had it on my own list when I was pregnant with my daughter). But the thing is, I didn’t hear any personal connection to this name for you (and it seems that personal connection is important because you mentioned it for both other names).

[name]Adiah[/name], despite being perhaps too unusual in the first spot, is a lovely name, and I like it all the more for you because the meaning holds significance to your family.

So, I would name the baby [name]Evelyn[/name] [name]Adiah[/name]!

Although beautiful, I agree that you may have pronunciation questions with [name]Adiah[/name]. I also don’t like that it shares the -ah ending with [name]Jonah[/name].

[name]Ella[/name] - again, it shares its ending with [name]Jonah[/name] and I do think it is too many L’s with [name]Willis[/name] (although it is a lovely connection with DH).

[name]Evelyn[/name] - such a beautiful name! Like pp, I prefer [name]Evelyn[/name] [name]Sofia[/name] or even [name]Evelyn[/name] [name]Adiah[/name] rather than [name]Evelyn[/name] [name]Claire[/name] (although I like [name]Claire[/name] as well, it doesn’t shine in this combo).

Good luck!

[name]Love[/name] [name]Ella[/name] and [name]Eve[/name].

Good luck!

I love the name [name]Jonah[/name]! My 13 yo son is [name]Jonah[/name]!! Our daughter’s are: [name]Maggie[/name], [name]Kelsey[/name]-[name]Rose[/name], [name]Emma[/name], [name]Mary[/name]-[name]Elizabeth[/name] and [name]Sophie[/name]-[name]Claire[/name] (due [name]April[/name] 17th): I also really like the name [name]Ella[/name] with [name]Jonah[/name]. Some others I like with [name]Jonah[/name] are:
[name]Hannah[/name]
[name]Evangeline[/name] ([name]Eva[/name])

[name]Evelyn[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] is gorgeous!