Sister for Julia

What girl names sound best with [name]Julia[/name]?

Thanks!

[name]Julia[/name] is such a beautiful, classic name! [name]Katherine[/name]/[name]Catherine[/name], [name]Alice[/name], [name]Anna[/name], [name]Beatrice[/name], [name]Cecily[/name]/[name]Cecilia[/name], [name]Eleanor[/name], [name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]Frances[/name], [name]Georgia[/name], [name]Isabella[/name] (popular), [name]Josephine[/name], [name]Lucy[/name], [name]Laurel[/name], [name]Madeline[/name] (very popular), [name]Olivia[/name] (very popular-watch out!), [name]Natalie[/name] (popular, too), [name]Susannah[/name], [name]Claudia[/name], [name]Victoria[/name], [name]Veronica[/name], [name]Vivian[/name], and [name]Claire[/name]/[name]Clara[/name] come to my mind as being classic names that could go well with [name]Julia[/name]. Maybe even [name]Penelope[/name] because I like it so much. I would probably choose [name]Anna[/name] or [name]Alice[/name] because I am wild about those two names this morning! I also love [name]Beatrice[/name] and [name]Josephine[/name].

I love nearly all of susan’s suggestions, they all sound great with [name]Julia[/name]. You could pair [name]Julia[/name] with nearly anything and it would work.

more extremely popular choices to go with [name]Julia[/name]: [name]Sophia[/name], [name]Emma[/name], [name]Emily[/name], and [name]Charlotte[/name]. [name]Charlotte[/name] isn’t as popular as the others but it’s moving up in the charts. Personally I prefer to use less popular names. But my name was extremely popular in my time and I love it. I never get tired of it, people usually know how to say and spell it. Sometimes they want to call me [name]Suzanne[/name] or [name]Sue[/name] or [name]Susie[/name], but I say, “It’s [name]Susan[/name]!” I also thought of [name]Caroline[/name] which is not so popular now. Some people think it sounds kind of dated, but I really like it! The name [name]Julia[/name] is very beautiful and not overdone so maybe you would like something less popular.

I like [name]Josephine[/name]. But, is using the same letter J outdated?

One way to look for names that “go with” another name is to check what nameberry lists the first name is on, and look through those. Here are the lists that include [name]Julia[/name]:

* Girls” Names That Are Trendier Than You”d Guess
* Classic but Not Boring Names for Girls
* Coolator for Girls' Names
* Good Girls
* Yupster Names for Girls
* Classic [name]Baby[/name] Names

Thanks [name]Pam[/name].

Curious what your expert picks would be?

And, curious on people’s thoughts on [name]Chiara[/name].

Thanks!

[name]How[/name] would you pronounce [name]Chiara[/name]? Like [name]Kiera[/name]?

Ch-ee-ar-a

I’m also considering [name]Anabel[/name]. Any thoughts?

Hmmm, well, I have the feeling that what you’re REALLY asking is what’s a more exotic, unusual name that still “goes with” [name]Julia[/name]? [name]Chiara[/name] – which would be pronounced kee-AHR-ah – is truly lovely but definitely more exotic than [name]Julia[/name]. Though in my opinion, they are definitely compatible perhaps the way two friends from different countries can still be totally in synch. Names that might be more obvious matches but that still are a bit more unusual include [name]Eliza[/name], [name]Flora[/name], [name]Louisa[/name], [name]Susannah[/name], and [name]Helena[/name]. [name]Charlotte[/name] is definitely a very good match and the English forms of [name]Chiara[/name], [name]Claire[/name] or [name]Clara[/name], work too, but more on the same popularity level as the beautiful [name]Julia[/name].

Thank you [name]Pam[/name] for clarifying the pronunciation of [name]Chiara[/name], I realized the way I wrote it out seemed like it would be pronounced like chia pet, which was not my intention!

And, thanks for your suggestions. I like [name]Clara[/name] as an option as well.

You’re welcome! [name]Julia[/name] and [name]Claire[/name] are the perfect match, [name]Julia[/name] and [name]Clara[/name] takes it another step, and [name]Julia[/name] and [name]Chiara[/name] definitely pushes the envelope! Guess this is an example of how you can stretch the idea of sibling “matching” – great idea for a blog post!

I love all three of these combos!

I have always loved [name]Chiara[/name], but my husband won’t go with it (he hates it with our last name). [name]Julia[/name] is also on out list for our baby girl. Guess we have the same tastes. :slight_smile:

Call me crazy, but I know a [name]Julia[/name] whose little sister is [name]Claudia[/name]. I love the combo. The two things are that a) it’s not everyone’s taste, and b) the nicknames are [name]Claude[/name] and [name]Dia[/name]. I’d put this in the search engine: gender: girl, style: classic, ends with: -ia, origin: Latin.