Sister for Lydia... Eve/Evelyn?

We are due in [name_u]March[/name_u] and aren’t finding out the gender, so we are trying to come up with boy and girl names. We have a little girl named [name_f]Lydia[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f]. My husband and I both really like the names [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] and [name_f]Eve[/name_f]. Can [name_f]Eve[/name_f] be an nickname for [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u]? Or can [name_f]Eve[/name_f] stand on it’s own? Currently liking the combo [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] [name_f]Joy[/name_f]. Any other middle names that might go well with [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u]? We haven’t really thought of middle names if we go with [name_f]Eve[/name_f]. Any suggestions?

So…

[name_f]Lydia[/name_f] and [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u]?

[name_f]Lydia[/name_f] and [name_f]Eve[/name_f]?

Or are there other girl names that you think sound great with [name_f]Lydia[/name_f]? We would love to hear your thoughts. Thanks!

Oh yes, please go with [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] [name_f]Joy[/name_f], it’s just lovely! [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] means “wished for child” and that is certainly “joyous” so the name really means something special. You could totally do the nickname [name_f]Eve[/name_f] for [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u], that way you get the best of both names!

Um, yes! [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] [name_f]Joy[/name_f] is simply beautiful! [name_f]Eve[/name_f] is definitely a nickname option for [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u]. I suppose if you want another option, [name_f]Evelina[/name_f] is beautiful but in this case, [name_f]Lydia[/name_f] and [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] is just perfect :slight_smile:

[name_f]Lydia[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f] and [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] [name_f]Joy[/name_f] are so sweet!