Sister for Maggie

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] everyone! We are having some trouble coming up with a sister’s name for [name_f]Maggie[/name_f]! Shuffling between [name_f]Lucy[/name_f], [name_f]Sophie[/name_f], [name_f]Liv[/name_f] and [name_f]Pippa[/name_f]. We love them all but have slight reservations that keep us from settling on one. Concerned about how common [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] and [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] are, but think both are beautiful names. Concerned that people with think [name_f]Liv[/name_f] is not a ‘complete’ name and concerned that [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] perhaps a ‘trendy’ name that will become quite dated. I would really appreciate hearing some people’s thoughts! Thank you!

I like [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] out of those! I think [name_f]Maggie[/name_f] and [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] sound cute together, from the same vein but still very individual.

4 Likes

[name_f]Maggie[/name_f] is adorable! I agree with PP, [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] goes really well. Definitely my favourite out of your choices alongside [name_f]Maggie[/name_f], although I do like all of them. [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] isn’t really trending in the US, so I’m assuming you’re in the UK? Maybe with the [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] Middleton association it won’t be tied to a certain generation.

1 Like

Thank you so much for the advice! We are in Australia… it’s not too popular here.

I like [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] and [name_f]Liv[/name_f]. I think [name_f]Liv[/name_f] can stand on its own, iam of the opinion that it is a strong name. Or maybe you could double barrel [name_f]Liv[/name_f] like [name_f]Autumn[/name_f]-[name_f]Liv[/name_f] or withanother you like.

1 Like

[name_f]Maggie[/name_f] and [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] are delightful together

1 Like

I’m also in Aus and know a [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] in her 40’s, a preteen [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] and a toddler [name_f]Pippa[/name_f]; I don’t think it will be perceived as trendy at all!

I love [name_f]Maggie[/name_f] and [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] and I also really like [name_f]Maggie[/name_f] and [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] together.

1 Like

[name_f]Welcome[/name_f] to Nameberry @LG_namer!

I’m not a fan of [name_f]Pippa[/name_f]. I think it reminds me too much of Peppa Pig. I would go for [name_u]Piper[/name_u] or something similar instead.

Of your other options, I don’t think you can go wrong! [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] sounds particularly nice with [name_f]Maggie[/name_f]!

1 Like

All of your choices go perfectly with [name_f]Maggie[/name_f]! I think my favorite is [name_f]Liv[/name_f]. Sweet and spunky just like [name_f]Maggie[/name_f]. I also like [name_f]Pippa[/name_f], and the fact that both girls would have double letters in the middle which I think is a cute connection. I dont think it’s trendy at all! [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] would round out my top three, I think it’s soft and lovable like [name_f]Maggie[/name_f].

1 Like

I adore [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] and I think it goes really well with sister [name_f]Maggie[/name_f]! Both “nickname” names, as as PP said they’re subtly connected with the double letter in the middle. [name_f]Maggie[/name_f] & [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] sound like a dream combo.

1 Like

I really like [name_f]Pippa[/name_f]! It sounds perfect with [name_f]Maggie[/name_f].

1 Like

[name_f]Maggie[/name_f] and [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] sound absolutely perfect together! I definitely don’t think it’s too dated, especially as my main point of reference for [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] is a nn for [name_f]Philippa[/name_f], which seems quite vintage-y. On that thought, [name_f]Maggie[/name_f] and [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] match really nicely as both being ‘vintage’ nicknames which are now given as their own stand-alone name.

1 Like

[name_f]Maggie[/name_f] and [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] sound beautiful together!
If you’re worried about [name_f]Liv[/name_f] felling “incomplete”, have you considered [name_f]Livia[/name_f]?

More ideas:
[name_f]Tessa[/name_f]
[name_f]Thea[/name_f]
[name_f]Olive[/name_f]
[name_f]Sadie[/name_f]
[name_f]Eve[/name_f]
[name_f]Poppy[/name_f]
[name_f]Nina[/name_f]
[name_f]Bea[/name_f]
[name_f]Ella[/name_f]/e
[name_f]Maisie[/name_f]
[name_f]Kate[/name_f]
[name_f]Della[/name_f]
[name_f]Mia[/name_f]
[name_f]Tillie[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosie[/name_f]
[name_f]Nell[/name_f]
[name_f]Lily[/name_f]
[name_f]Beth[/name_f]
[name_f]Carol[/name_f]
[name_f]Delia[/name_f]
[name_f]Flora[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f]
[name_f]Nora[/name_f]
[name_u]June[/name_u]
[name_f]Posy[/name_f]
[name_f]Callie[/name_f]
[name_u]Ray[/name_u]
[name_f]Becca[/name_f]
[name_f]Elsie[/name_f]
[name_u]Julie[/name_u]
[name_u]Izzy[/name_u]
[name_f]Bella[/name_f]

1 Like

I LOVE [name_f]Pippa[/name_f]! But all are beautiful.

1 Like

I love [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] or [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] for a sister for [name_f]Maggie[/name_f]! I think [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] shares [name_f]Maggie[/name_f]’s fun energy (plus both are short forms of traditional classics) and [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] shares [name_f]Maggie[/name_f]’s gentle sweetness. [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] and [name_f]Liv[/name_f] are great too! If you’re looking for other options, I love @[name_f]Estrela[/name_f]’s suggestions of [name_f]Tessa[/name_f], [name_f]Rosie[/name_f], and [name_f]Nora[/name_f]. But you have a lot of great options on your list already–you really can’t go wrong!

3 Likes

I love [name_f]Maggie[/name_f] and [name_f]Liv[/name_f] together. I think [name_f]Liv[/name_f] sounds complete, especially paired with [name_f]Maggie[/name_f]. I like that they have different syllable counts and end in different sounds. It gives them a sense of being their own names rather than a matching set.

1 Like

What a wonderful list @[name_f]Estrela[/name_f] ! There are some beautiful names on here, thank you!

1 Like

[name_f]Maggie[/name_f] and…

[name_f]Alaina[/name_f]
[name_f]Alyssa[/name_f]
[name_f]Amie[/name_f]
[name_u]Bellamy[/name_u]
[name_f]Cassie[/name_f]
[name_f]Jenna[/name_f]
[name_u]Kacey[/name_u]
[name_f]Kathleen[/name_f]
[name_f]Kathy[/name_f]
[name_u]Kelly[/name_u]
[name_f]Macy[/name_f]
[name_u]Maria[/name_u]
[name_u]Mayson[/name_u]
[name_f]Monica[/name_f]
[name_f]Nicole[/name_f]
[name_f]Nola[/name_f]
[name_u]Penny[/name_u]
[name_f]Rachel[/name_f]
[name_f]Tori[/name_f]
[name_u]Tracy[/name_u]

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] favourite is [name_f]Liv[/name_f] although all are lovely. Would you consider [name_f]Livia[/name_f]? It’s gorgeous and you would still get the nickname [name_f]Liv[/name_f].

1 Like

I love the name [name_f]Livia[/name_f]! But we know several Olivias and so don’t quite feel that we could use it?!