Sister for Maven

I’m working on characters who are going to show up in the sequel to the story I’m working on, and I’m struggling to name the younger sister of the next MC (who will become the MC of her own story afterwards).

The MC is [name_u]Maven[/name_u] [name_m]King[/name_m], the older sister. The two are half-sisters, but were raised by the same mother and father (shared father, Maven’s mother).

The younger sister is extremely intelligent with electronics and gadgets, as well as being somewhat cocky about that fact (but not without reason; she can almost always back it up with her skill). She’s close with her sister, teasing without being mean to people, and has a surprisingly soft heart underneath all of it. She’s very deeply protective of the people she loves. Many people would expect her to be insecure with her sister as [name_u]Maven[/name_u] has special abilities (turning to crystalline-stone) while she doesn’t, but she isn’t insecure because she views her hacking / tech as a special ability of its own. She can be easy to irritate if you bother her while she’s working for no good reason, but doesn’t lose her temper easily.

I’ve considered both [name_u]Vesper[/name_u] and [name_f]Aura[/name_f] for her, but [name_u]Vesper[/name_u] I’m using for a different story and [name_f]Aura[/name_f] isn’t quite right. I also put down [name_u]Karma[/name_u], [name_f]Verity[/name_f], and [name_f]Luna[/name_f] on the lost, but again, the vibe isn’t right. Of these, [name_u]Vesper[/name_u] is my favorite, but again, already being used in a different story, but otherwise it has the complete right “vibe” I’m going for. Also, I don’t want her name to start with an “M,” because I don’t like matching sibling names.

Names that are out due to being already used in the story:

[name_u]Journey[/name_u]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f]
[name_u]Waverly[/name_u]
[name_u]Anne[/name_u]
[name_u]Arya[/name_u]
[name_u]Jude[/name_u]
[name_f]Sigourney[/name_f] “Sig”

[name_u]Laurel[/name_u]
[name_u]Zephyr[/name_u]
[name_f]Aubrette[/name_f]
[name_f]Fiona[/name_f]
[name_f]Justine[/name_f]
[name_f]Leda[/name_f]
[name_f]Naomi[/name_f]
[name_u]Salem[/name_u]
[name_f]Veda[/name_f]
[name_f]Evaluna[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_u]Maven[/name_u] and…
[name_f]Vita[/name_f]
[name_f]Erinna[/name_f]
[name_f]Katrin[/name_f]
[name_u]Aster[/name_u] (i understand the as beginning is off putting if you’re in the US!)
Some other starry names: [name_f]Alsephina[/name_f] (Alcie?)
[name_f]Esteri[/name_f]
[name_f]Danika[/name_f]
[name_f]Iskra[/name_f]
[name_f]Lyra[/name_f]

1 Like

Ooh, I do really like [name_u]Zephyr[/name_u]!

[name_u]Aster[/name_u] doesn’t bother me at all, even being in the US. I never would’ve thought of it, actually. I do reeeeeally like the vibe of that one. [name_f]Danika[/name_f] is pretty, but it gives me SJM vibes because I know she’s an important character in one of her series. [name_u]Maven[/name_u] and [name_u]Aster[/name_u] do sound rather nice together. Hmm. Thank you!

1 Like

[name_u]Maven[/name_u] and

[name_f]Ingrid[/name_f]
[name_f]Winona[/name_f]
[name_f]Opal[/name_f]
[name_f]Sybil[/name_f]
[name_f]Callista[/name_f]
[name_u]Arden[/name_u]
[name_f]Petra[/name_f]
[name_f]Xanthe[/name_f]
[name_u]Alma[/name_u]
[name_f]Helena[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_f]Victoria[/name_f]
[name_f]Crystal[/name_f]
Lena/Leia
[name_f]Vespera[/name_f] (too similiar?)
Isabel/Isabelle
[name_u]Aster[/name_u] (already suggested, still love it!)
[name_f]Ester[/name_f]

Sorry for repeats and good luck!

1 Like

I think [name_f]Vespera[/name_f] is probably too similar. The two characters don’t interact, but their stories ARE set in the same universe, so having a “Vespera” and a “Vesper” would probably be too confusing. At least in my head XD.

[name_u]Aster[/name_u] seems like the best option right now, but something about it still gives me pause…

I do really like [name_f]Callista[/name_f]! And [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f] is really pretty, but I don’t feel like it and [name_u]Maven[/name_u] have the same “feel,” exactly. I do like [name_f]Helena[/name_f], too :thinking:, but it doesn’t have the right vibe for her.