Sister for Max

[name_m]Just[/name_m] found out that we will be expecting a little girl in [name_u]November[/name_u]. :slight_smile: We currently have a three year old son named [name_u]Max[/name_u] and are considering the following girl names. Would love to know everyone’s thoughts!

• [name_f]Margaux[/name_f] McCallion
  • [name_f]Margot[/name_f] McCallion
  • [name_f]Stella[/name_f] McCallion
  • [name_f]Liv[/name_f] McCallion
  • [name_f]Loulou[/name_f] McCallion
  • [name_u]Louise[/name_u] McCallion
  • [name_f]Mila[/name_f] McCallion

0 voters

1 Like

I love [name_f]Liv[/name_f] with [name_u]Max[/name_u]! I also love [name_f]Margot[/name_f]/[name_f]Margaux[/name_f], which also goes well with [name_u]Max[/name_u]. Both spellings are nice but I prefer [name_f]Margaux[/name_f].

1 Like

[name_u]Max[/name_u] and [name_f]Stella[/name_f] are so gorgeous together!!

1 Like

I voted for [name_f]Liv[/name_f], but [name_f]Stella[/name_f] is a close second.

1 Like

It was a toss up between [name_u]Louise[/name_u] and [name_f]Margot[/name_f] for me. I chose [name_u]Louise[/name_u], but I think [name_f]Margot[/name_f] would be nice as well. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

[name_u]Max[/name_u] and [name_f]Liv[/name_f]! :heart_eyes:

Also love [name_f]Stella[/name_f] and [name_f]Margot[/name_f]/[name_f]Margaux[/name_f] with [name_u]Max[/name_u].

[name_u]Max[/name_u] and [name_f]Margaux[/name_f] are quite matchy in terms of looks, but different enough in sound. If you’re only planning on having two children, I’d be tempted to run with it, but if you’re planning on more then I’d definitely choose the [name_f]Margot[/name_f] spelling to avoid anyone being left out of the M__x theme.

2 Likes

[name_f]My[/name_f] favourite option is [name_f]Liv[/name_f] but I also like [name_f]Stella[/name_f], [name_u]Louise[/name_u], [name_f]Mila[/name_f] and [name_f]Margot[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] favourites are [name_f]Stella[/name_f], [name_u]Louise[/name_u] and [name_f]Mila[/name_f]!

1 Like

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

I love the name [name_u]Max[/name_u]! Great job there. Here are my thoughts for a little sister:

[name_f]Liv[/name_f]-[name_m]Even[/name_m] though I like [name_u]Max[/name_u], sometimes a nn, as a full name, [name_f]Liv[/name_f] seems too short. [name_u]Max[/name_u] & [name_f]Olive[/name_f] would be amazing! [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] is pretty too, but kind of popular & I love the spunkiness of [name_u]Max[/name_u] & [name_f]Olive[/name_f]. Then you could use the nn [name_f]Liv[/name_f] sometimes.

[name_f]Stella[/name_f]-I love this . It got my vote. It’s so smart, feminine & sassy. It’s simple, sort of common but not super duper over done, & goes really well w/[name_u]Max[/name_u] & your ln.

[name_u]Louise[/name_u]-This is lovely. It gets my second vote. It’s way more unexpected than the others on your list. It’s so sweet & a little quirky. And you could do the nn [name_f]Loulou[/name_f], which is adorable.

[name_f]Margaux[/name_f]-This is fine. I kind of see it a lot on this board, so I’m getting sick of it. It’s a nice name though.

[name_f]Loulou[/name_f]-I definitely prefer this as a nn. Actually, I kind of like [name_f]Lulu[/name_f]. It seems easier. [name_f]Loulou[/name_f]/[name_f]Lulu[/name_f] could be a nn for tons of names. [name_u]Louise[/name_u], of course, but also [name_f]Lucy[/name_f], [name_f]Louisa[/name_f], [name_f]Luisa[/name_f], [name_f]Lucille[/name_f], [name_f]Lucienne[/name_f], [name_f]Luciana[/name_f], Elosie, [name_f]Eloisa[/name_f], [name_f]Laurel[/name_f], [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f]?

[name_f]Margot[/name_f]-I like this spelling better. It looks spunkier.

[name_f]Mila[/name_f]-Pretty name, but very very trendy. A bit of a tongue twister w/your ln too.

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I love [name_f]Liv[/name_f]! The only thing I would consider is, if you plan on having more children, whether or not you want to continue a three-letter &/or one-syllable name pattern.

1 Like

[name_f]Stella[/name_f] is my favorite! I know that a lot of people really like [name_f]Liv[/name_f], but for me it seems a bit short and incomplete, unlike [name_u]Max[/name_u] which stands wonderfully on its own. [name_u]Louise[/name_u] and [name_f]Margo[/name_f]/[name_f]Margaux[/name_f] are lovely and definitely my style, but they seem more vintage and sophisticated than [name_u]Max[/name_u]. [name_f]Stella[/name_f] goes perfectly with [name_u]Max[/name_u] and is just so pretty!

2 Likes

I love [name_u]Max[/name_u] with [name_f]Stella[/name_f] and [name_f]Liv[/name_f]. [name_u]Louise[/name_u] would also be a nice option.
[name_u]Max[/name_u] and [name_f]Margot[/name_f] are a little too similar for me, if [name_u]Max[/name_u] is your son’s full name. [name_u]Max[/name_u] and [name_f]Mila[/name_f] are cute together, however, when I pronounce “[name_u]Max[/name_u] and [name_f]Mila[/name_f]” I think about [name_m]Maximilian[/name_m].

1 Like