Sister for Meredith, Nolan & Felicity

We found out this week [name_u]Baby[/name_u] 4 is another daughter, and as luck would have it, we are really struggling with girl names. Siblings are [name_u]Meredith[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u], [name_m]Nolan[/name_m] [name_u]Curtis[/name_u], and [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_u]Quinn[/name_u].

Had this one been a boy, we were all but set on using [name_m]Dashiell[/name_m], a name my generally traditional-name-loving husband really came around to. Also on my boy list was Townsend. Our surname is one syllable ([name_m]Mo0re[/name_m]) so generally I look for multisyllabic names but am not necessarily married to that requirement if it’s the right one.

Our girls list is long and filled with nothing that jumps out as “the one.” If it were up to me, I’d use [name_u]Reeve[/name_u] (I loooove it) but hubby is not onboard. Here are some currently on one or both of our lists:

[name_f]Kathryn[/name_f]
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f]
[name_f]Susannah[/name_f]
[name_u]Vivian[/name_u]
[name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_u]Sutton[/name_u] (family name)
[name_u]Reeve[/name_u]
[name_f]Cecilia[/name_f]
[name_f]Lovisa[/name_f] or [name_f]Louisa[/name_f]
[name_f]Thalia[/name_f]
[name_f]Valerie[/name_f]
[name_f]Veronica[/name_f]
[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]
[name_f]Carys[/name_f]
[name_f]Sarah[/name_f]
[name_f]Winifred[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] (family name)

My ideal names are classic but underused, although I have a secret love for surname-style names. I’m feeling completely directionless this time, and welcome your input and suggestions!

I think [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] perfectly matches the style of your other children’s names, especially [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] and [name_u]Meredith[/name_u]. Like those, it’s an old name with a history but one that feels fresh and not in a “vintage” way.

[name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] [name_u]Sutton[/name_u]
[name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] [name_f]Lovisa[/name_f]
[name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] [name_u]Reeve[/name_u]
[name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] [name_f]Winifred[/name_f]

You have a gorgeous list but when I had only read the name of your thread and before the list, [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] and [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] came to mind for your sibset. Maybe husband would agree to using [name_u]Reeve[/name_u] as a middle because TBH, [name_u]Reeve[/name_u] M00re runs together a bit and is a bit short and choppy. My favourites on your list…

[name_f]Carys[/name_f]
[name_f]Thalia[/name_f]
[name_f]Cecilia[/name_f]
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f]
Geneveive

I think [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] goes really well with your other children! If not that then the one name I think would be good for you guys is [name_u]Reese[/name_u]. It seems like it’d be your style.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

Out of your list I like [name_f]Juliet[/name_f], [name_f]Eliza[/name_f], [name_u]Vivian[/name_u], and [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] the best.

Here are some more suggestions:

[name_f]Ingrid[/name_f]
[name_f]Mabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Cora[/name_f]
[name_f]Lillian[/name_f]
[name_f]Abigail[/name_f]
[name_f]Annaliese[/name_f]
[name_f]Bernadette[/name_f]
[name_f]Aveline[/name_f]
[name_f]Isolde[/name_f]
[name_f]Clementine[/name_f]
Larken/[name_u]Larkin[/name_u]
[name_f]Luella[/name_f]
[name_f]Seraphina[/name_f]
[name_u]Evelyn[/name_u]
[name_f]Elaine[/name_f]
[name_f]Roana[/name_f]
[name_f]Stella[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosemary[/name_f]

Thanks for the suggestions!

[name_f]Ingrid[/name_f] - We have a lot of Scandinavian heritage and I love this. Hubby not so much. A Scandinavian nod would be fun.
[name_f]Abigail[/name_f] - a favorite of my husband’s–but feels a little mainstream for me
[name_f]Louisa[/name_f] - definitely on the list, possibly [name_u]Eloise[/name_u]?
[name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] - feels a little too “s” heavy, given we have a [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] already?

I found out I was pregnant [name_f]Easter[/name_f] [name_f]Sunday[/name_f]; is [name_f]Sunday[/name_f] too out there as a name?
My 8yo daughter’s favorite is [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] because she loves [name_f]Junie[/name_f] B. [name_m]Jones[/name_m] books…crazy to consider that?

I think [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] would be cute with your other kiddos!
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u] is a great idea! [name_f]Sunday[/name_f] is a bit out there, although it’s pretty- maybe a middle name?

[name_f]Georgia[/name_f]
[name_f]Camila[/name_f]
[name_f]Astrid[/name_f]
[name_f]Dorothea[/name_f]
[name_f]Elodie[/name_f]
[name_f]Frida[/name_f]
[name_f]Paloma[/name_f]
[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f]
[name_f]Delilah[/name_f]
[name_f]Francine[/name_f]
[name_f]Cosette[/name_f]
[name_f]Annalise[/name_f]
[name_f]Cadence[/name_f]
[name_f]Gwyneth[/name_f]
[name_f]Frances[/name_f]
[name_f]Verity[/name_f]
[name_f]Minerva[/name_f]
[name_f]Tallulah[/name_f]
[name_f]Claudia[/name_f]
[name_f]Elena[/name_f]
[name_f]Petra[/name_f]
[name_u]Cheyenne[/name_u]
[name_f]Aurora[/name_f]
[name_f]Ivy[/name_f]
[name_f]Ada[/name_f]
[name_u]Spencer[/name_u]
[name_f]Opal[/name_f]
[name_f]India[/name_f]

Like any of these? Good luck :slight_smile:

If you like Scandinavian names but your husband isn’t keen on [name_f]Ingrid[/name_f], what about:

[name_f]Astrid[/name_f]
[name_f]Inga[/name_f]
[name_f]Signe[/name_f]
[name_f]Greta[/name_f]
[name_f]Britta[/name_f]
[name_f]Maren[/name_f]
[name_f]Hilde[/name_f]/[name_f]Hilda[/name_f]
[name_f]Annika[/name_f]
[name_f]Elsa[/name_f]

I love your list! My faves are

1. [name_u]Sutton[/name_u]
  2. [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]
  3. [name_f]Louisa[/name_f]
  4. [name_u]Vivian[/name_u]
  5. [name_f]Kathryn[/name_f]

I think [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] [name_u]Sutton[/name_u] would be perfect to match the sibs!

My favorites are [name_f]Juliette[/name_f], [name_f]Carys[/name_f], and [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f].

Suggestions: [name_f]Geneva[/name_f], [name_f]Vienne[/name_f], [name_u]Arden[/name_u], [name_f]Marina[/name_f]

I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_u]Juniper[/name_u], it fits really well with the others, very unusual but everybody will have heard of it and be able to spell it. [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] was my favourite before you mentioned [name_u]Juniper[/name_u]. Townsend would be a cool second name to either [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] or [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f], I like [name_u]Sutton[/name_u] too as a middle name. [name_f]Happy[/name_f] choosing

My favorite from your list is [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] - it fits with your sibset perfectly.

Your daughters seem to have flowing first names and short and strong middles; in that style, [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_u]Reeve[/name_u] is a fitting and gorgeous option.

From your list the best names to go along with your sibset [name_u]Meredith[/name_u], [name_m]Nolan[/name_m], and [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] are [name_u]Vivian[/name_u], [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f], [name_f]Valerie[/name_f], [name_f]Veronica[/name_f] and [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]. All quite nice!
Using [name_u]Sutton[/name_u] as a mn would be amazing with any of those!

Some other names that would fit nicely with [name_u]Meredith[/name_u], [name_m]Nolan[/name_m] and [name_f]Felicity[/name_f]:

[name_f]Dorothy[/name_f]
[name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_f]Mildred[/name_f]
[name_f]Anna[/name_f]
[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Francine[/name_f]
[name_u]Evelyn[/name_u]
[name_f]Florence[/name_f]
[name_f]Lillian[/name_f]
[name_f]Irene[/name_f]
[name_f]Helene[/name_f]

You have great taste in names!

From your list I like [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f], [name_f]Juliet[/name_f], [name_f]Veronica[/name_f] and [name_f]Carys[/name_f]. Here are some more suggestions.
[name_u]Meredith[/name_u], [name_m]Nolan[/name_m], [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] and:
[name_u]Evelyn[/name_u]
[name_f]Emilia[/name_f]
[name_f]April[/name_f]
[name_f]Sana[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f]
[name_f]Brielle[/name_f]
[name_u]Quinn[/name_u]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Alyssa[/name_f]
[name_u]Chelsea[/name_u]
[name_f]Verity[/name_f]
[name_u]Everly[/name_u]
[name_f]Amity[/name_f]
[name_u]Brooke[/name_u]
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f]
[name_f]Lacey[/name_f]
[name_f]Isla[/name_f]
[name_f]Ivy[/name_f]
[name_f]Tessa[/name_f]
[name_f]Stella[/name_f]
[name_f]Emma[/name_f]
[name_f]Freya[/name_f]
Good luck!

Loving all the input!! More thoughts:

[name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] - My sentimental favorite; my 93-yr-old grandma is [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] [name_f]Ellen[/name_f], maiden name was [name_u]Perry[/name_u] (I’d use [name_u]Perry[/name_u] if I didn’t already have a brother named that!) and I’m convinced she and I are soul sisters. We’ve been close all my life (I even lived with her in college for awhile) and there’s no woman I respect more.

[name_f]Carys[/name_f] - [name_u]Love[/name_u] the meaning of this one. Our third child, [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_u]Quinn[/name_u], was so named because [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] means “[name_f]Happy[/name_f]” and the Qui- prefix signifies “five”–her birth made us the “happy five.” [name_m]Nolan[/name_m] is named after my favorite book, A Tree Grows in [name_u]Brooklyn[/name_u]. So I appreciate a good meaning or connection with a name!

[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] - Would you go [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] for more options later on in life? This is probably my husband’s top name right now. Geeky side note: we’re [name_m]Hamilton[/name_m] fans (if [name_f]Theodosia[/name_f] weren’t so out there I’d consider it!) so this is a fun little nod to that.

[name_u]Juniper[/name_u] - [name_u]Love[/name_u] the nn [name_f]Junie[/name_f]. Eldest daughter would be thrilled with this!

Others I’ve written down at one time or another:
[name_f]Selah[/name_f]
[name_f]Viveca[/name_f] (Scandinavian, love [name_f]Viv[/name_f] as a nn and feels a little fresher than [name_u]Vivian[/name_u]?)
[name_f]Melanie[/name_f]
[name_u]Delaney[/name_u]
[name_f]Diana[/name_f]
[name_f]Samantha[/name_f]
[name_u]Sheridan[/name_u]
[name_u]Linden[/name_u]
[name_f]Anne[/name_f] (too short with our last name, but hubby would love an [name_f]Annie[/name_f] as he’s always loved that nn–but doesn’t love any of the longer forms of it)
[name_u]Ellery[/name_u]
[name_u]Hollis[/name_u] (another family name)
[name_f]Romilly[/name_f] (saw this one many years ago and loved it, hubs not so much)
[name_f]Madeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Bridget[/name_f]

I have nieces named [name_f]Frances[/name_f] and [name_f]Natalie[/name_f], otherwise those would be contenders :slight_smile:

My issue is that I love too many names on your list! My favs are:

[name_f]Eliza[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]
[name_f]Louisa[/name_f]
[name_f]Cecelia[/name_f]
And lots of others there!

[name_f]Gretchen[/name_f] comes to mind for some reason

I have a [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] and get tons of compliments all the time! I also loved someone’s suggestion of [name_f]Astrid[/name_f]. The s sound goes well with sister [name_f]Felicity[/name_f], while the D sound goes well with [name_u]Meredith[/name_u]. Plus the Norse connection. [name_f]Astrid[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] has a nice ring to it. :slight_smile: my other fav is [name_f]Carys[/name_f]. [name_u]Unique[/name_u] but no one will have trouble figuring out how to pronounce it.

[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] [name_f]Carys[/name_f] Mo0re

[name_u]Meredith[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u], [name_m]Nolan[/name_m] [name_u]Curtis[/name_u], [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] and…

[name_f]Louisa[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]
[name_f]Sarah[/name_f]
[name_f]Ingrid[/name_f]

[name_f]Sunday[/name_f] as a middle name maybe?
[name_u]June[/name_u] nn [name_f]Junie[/name_f]

[name_m]How[/name_m] about:
[name_f]Agnes[/name_f]
[name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_f]Alicia[/name_f]
[name_f]Alma[/name_f]
[name_u]Alva[/name_u]
[name_f]Annie[/name_f]
[name_f]Bianca[/name_f]
Blenda
[name_f]Britta[/name_f]
[name_f]Cajsa[/name_f]