Sister for Miles- is Maya too similar sounding??

Really like [name_f]Maya[/name_f], but I fear that it’s too similar to son [name_m]Miles[/name_m] (nickname [name_m]Milo[/name_m]). My husband disagrees with me and likes that [name_f]Maya[/name_f] is multi-cultural. Thoughts?

What about [name_f]Mena[/name_f][name_f]Mina[/name_f]?

It is a bit close. You might like [name_m]Miles[/name_m] and [name_f]Mia[/name_f].

I think it’s definitely too close, sorry.

[name_m]Miles[/name_m] and [name_f]Maya[/name_f] and too close.

[name_m]Miles[/name_m] and [name_f]Maja[/name_f] (prn. [name_f]May[/name_f]-uh) would work. I also like the suggestion of [name_f]Mina[/name_f].
Or maybe [name_f]Mira[/name_f]?

I think [name_m]Miles[/name_m] and [name_f]Maya[/name_f] are too close, but I don’t think [name_m]Milo[/name_m] and [name_f]Maya[/name_f] are. Again I will suggest considering a similar name (i.e. [name_f]Mira[/name_f], [name_f]Mia[/name_f], [name_f]Mina[/name_f]). Or if you want to keep the ‘eye’ sound you could go with [name_f]Kaya[/name_f], [name_f]Lyla[/name_f], [name_f]Tyra[/name_f]…

I think they are too close which is probably why you like it so much! Maybe [name_f]Mia[/name_f] or [name_f]Myra[/name_f] or [name_f]Amaya[/name_f] would be a bit better. I think there are plenty of other multicultural names to choose from that you don’t need to pick one so similar to [name_m]Miles[/name_m] though.

It would definitely trip me up A LOT. I actually know a sibset of [name_m]Carl[/name_m] and [name_f]Carlie[/name_f] which reminds me of your question. They two are grown now and hate that their names are so close. HOWEVER, I’m just pointing out that it has been done before so it wouldn’t be unheard of. I like the suggestion of [name_f]Mia[/name_f], which is also multicultural.

Too close for me but I usually don’t like repeating first initials anyway.

I like the suggestions of [name_f]Mena[/name_f] and [name_f]Mira[/name_f].

[name_m]How[/name_m] about [name_f]Kaia[/name_f]/Caya? Or [name_f]Lyra[/name_f]?

[name_m]Miles[/name_m] and [name_f]Maya[/name_f] are slightly too close imo but if you both think it’s perfect for your little one then it is:)

[name_m]How[/name_m] about…

[name_m]Miles[/name_m] & [name_f]Kaya[/name_f]
[name_m]Miles[/name_m] & [name_f]Maren[/name_f]
[name_m]Miles[/name_m] & [name_f]Mabel[/name_f]
[name_m]Miles[/name_m] & [name_f]Leah[/name_f]
[name_m]Miles[/name_m] & [name_f]Mariah[/name_f]
[name_m]Miles[/name_m] & [name_f]Lina[/name_f]
[name_m]Miles[/name_m] & [name_f]Freya[/name_f] - adorable!!

Or you could pronounce [name_f]Maya[/name_f] as [name_f]MAY[/name_f]-uh rather than MY-uh, which makes it less soundalikey with [name_m]Miles[/name_m].
I think [name_m]Miles[/name_m] and [name_f]Freya[/name_f] are the best though, similar-ish sound to [name_f]Maya[/name_f]

Continued…

and both sound/look so elegant together.

Or [name_m]Miles[/name_m] and [name_f]Eliza[/name_f], [name_m]Miles[/name_m] and [name_f]Marina[/name_f], [name_m]Miles[/name_m] and [name_f]Maria[/name_f]?

If [name_f]Maya[/name_f] is right for your family and you both agree, you should go with it. And [name_m]Miles[/name_m] and [name_f]Maya[/name_f] aren’t too matchy really, not like [name_m]Miles[/name_m] and [name_f]Mila[/name_f]/[name_f]Milla[/name_f]/[name_f]Milana[/name_f] etc :wink:

I actually like them together.