Sister for Mina

This forum was super helpful for naming my first born, [name_f]Mina[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]. We recently found out we’re expecting a second daughter this [name_u]October[/name_u], so we’re back to the drawing board with names.

This is a list we’re considering mostly as first names, but I’m open to any combinations you can think of that would “fit” with her sister. Side-note: We love the name [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u], but already have too many close family members with that name/something similar, so we’d love to know if you have any ideas for a name with a similar feel. Suggestions?

[name_f]Lucy[/name_f]
[name_u]Ruby[/name_u]
Juniper/June
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f] nn [name_u]Jules[/name_u]
[name_f]Esther[/name_f] nn [name_f]Estie[/name_f]
[name_f]Hope[/name_f]
[name_f]Sadie[/name_f]
[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f]
[name_f]Liora[/name_f]

5 Likes

Great list! [name_f]My[/name_f] favorites with [name_f]Mina[/name_f] are [name_f]Lucy[/name_f], [name_u]Ruby[/name_u], [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f], & [name_f]Liora[/name_f]. Something like [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] or [name_f]Liora[/name_f] [name_f]Hope[/name_f] would be really nice.

[name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] and [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] are my first thoughts for names similar to [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u], but they might still be too close to family members? I also think of [name_f]Caroline[/name_f], [name_f]Ivy[/name_f], [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f], [name_f]Olive[/name_f], & [name_f]Felicity[/name_f].

[name_f]Mina[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] is fabulous!!

And youre list makes a pretty perfect sibset

[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Liora[/name_f] [name_u]Or[/name_u] [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] would be fantastic!

[name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] “Millie” “Emmy”
[name_f]Lorelei[/name_f] Mabel"Rory"
[name_f]Jocelyn[/name_f] Marnie"Josie"
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u]
[name_f]Gemma[/name_f] [name_f]Odette[/name_f]
[name_f]Talia[/name_f] [name_u]Juniper[/name_u]
[name_f]Elodie[/name_f] [name_f]Iris[/name_f]
[name_f]Farrah[/name_f]
[name_u]Tatum[/name_u] [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]
[name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] “Maggie”
[name_f]Etta[/name_f] [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]
[name_f]Della[/name_f] [name_f]Hope[/name_f]
[name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_u]Simone[/name_u]
[name_f]Estelle[/name_f] [name_f]Maxine[/name_f]
[name_f]Eloise[/name_f] [name_f]Corinne[/name_f]
[name_f]Raquel[/name_f] [name_f]Eliza[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_f]Mina[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f], how lovely!

[name_f]Mina[/name_f] and [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] sound nice together. So do [name_f]Mina[/name_f] and [name_f]Liora[/name_f], but any would do.

Instead of [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u],

[name_f]Evaluna[/name_f]
[name_f]Evadne[/name_f]
[name_f]Evanthe[/name_f]
[name_f]Emmaliese[/name_f]
[name_f]Carolyn[/name_f]
[name_f]Marilyn[/name_f]
[name_f]Jocelyn[/name_f]
[name_f]Jessamyn[/name_f]
Endelllion
Esme/Ismene
Estelle/Estella
[name_f]Sonja[/name_f]
[name_f]Leilani[/name_f]

[name_u]Ruby[/name_u] [name_f]Esther[/name_f]!

[name_f]Esther[/name_f] is my favourite from your list! [name_f]Mina[/name_f] and [name_f]Esther[/name_f] sound like cool sisters!

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

[name_f]Mina[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] is lovely!

Here are my thoughts on your list-

Lucy-This is super sweet. It’s vintage & bright & just lovable. I like it with [name_f]Mina[/name_f] as well. I think with [name_f]Mina[/name_f] I’d even prefer something more elegant like [name_f]Lucille[/name_f] or [name_f]Lucienne[/name_f] nn [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]. But good either way!

Ruby-I really love this with [name_f]Mina[/name_f]. Gives me a similar simple yet glamorous vibe. It’s one of those names that I like in theory more than actually saying it, but I’m not sure why.

Juniper/June-I kind of like just [name_u]June[/name_u] or maybe [name_f]Junia[/name_f] better. [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] is really fun, but it feels a bit trendy to be honest. Oh, or maybe even just [name_f]Juno[/name_f]?

[name_f]Juliet[/name_f] nn Jules-Juliet is gorgeous. Romantic yet not too dark. Really nice with [name_f]Mina[/name_f]. It’s simple & sleek & well known but not popular. I’m not as into [name_u]Jules[/name_u], but it’s okay as a nn for [name_f]Juliet[/name_f].

[name_f]Esther[/name_f] nn Estie-Ooh, [name_f]Esther[/name_f] & [name_f]Mina[/name_f] make me think if a starry sky! I prefer [name_f]Essie[/name_f] to [name_f]Estie[/name_f], but this is still fun.

Hope-Meh, I don’t know. It’s a very well established name, but it still seems too wordy.

Sadie-Super cute. A bit light & airy with [name_f]Mina[/name_f], but it doesn’t not fit.

Sylvie-This fits better, I think. [name_m]Even[/name_m] though I prefer it as a nn for [name_f]Sylvia[/name_f].

Liora-Ooh, [name_f]Liora[/name_f]! I never see this on lists, & I just love it.

A few ideas that you may like-

[name_f]Ada[/name_f]

[name_f]Audrey[/name_f]

[name_f]Aviva[/name_f]

[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]

[name_f]Celeste[/name_f]

[name_f]Esme[/name_f]

[name_f]Olive[/name_f]

[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]

[name_f]Sofie[/name_f]

[name_f]Zella[/name_f]

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile:

1 Like

[name_f]Mina[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] is gorgeous :heart_eyes:

[name_f]Lucy[/name_f] -such a lovely name and wonderful with [name_f]Mina[/name_f], but [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] and [name_f]Mina[/name_f] are main characters in Dracula - not sure if that bothers you

[name_u]Ruby[/name_u] -sweet and bubbly

Juniper/June -June works best with [name_f]Mina[/name_f] :slight_smile:

[name_f]Juliet[/name_f] nn [name_u]Jules[/name_u] -love this -elegant and pretty

[name_f]Esther[/name_f] nn [name_f]Estie[/name_f] -warm and sweet

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] -beautiful and comforting

[name_f]Sadie[/name_f] -pretty sweet but lacks the distinction of [name_f]Mina[/name_f]

[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] -sleek and stylish

[name_f]Liora[/name_f] -pretty and interesting. [name_f]Eliora[/name_f] could be another option

Some ideas…

[name_f]Mina[/name_f] and…

[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f]
[name_u]Cleo[/name_u]
[name_f]Nancy[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Anouk[/name_f]
[name_f]Annie[/name_f]
[name_f]Opal[/name_f]
[name_f]Estelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Hester[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]
[name_f]Hattie[/name_f]
[name_f]Clara[/name_f]
[name_f]Lyra[/name_f]
[name_f]Imogen[/name_f]
[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]
[name_f]Talia[/name_f]

I love your list. I think [name_f]Mina[/name_f] works best with [name_u]Ruby[/name_u], [name_f]Lucy[/name_f], [name_f]Sadie[/name_f], or [name_f]Hope[/name_f]! So many beautiful options.

I love [name_f]Liora[/name_f] with [name_f]Mina[/name_f], they definitely flow together.

Middle name suggestions:

[name_f]Liora[/name_f] [name_f]Adeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Liora[/name_f] [name_f]Adelyn[/name_f]
[name_f]Liora[/name_f] [name_f]Avelyn[/name_f]
[name_f]Liora[/name_f] [name_u]Avery[/name_u]
[name_f]Liora[/name_f] [name_f]Aviana[/name_f]
[name_f]Liora[/name_f] [name_f]Emmalyn[/name_f]
[name_f]Liora[/name_f] [name_f]Emmaleigh[/name_f]
[name_f]Liora[/name_f] [name_m]Ender[/name_m] is unique and adorable
[name_f]Liora[/name_f] [name_f]Everleigh[/name_f]
[name_f]Liora[/name_f] [name_f]Everlee[/name_f]
[name_f]Liora[/name_f] [name_u]Everly[/name_u]
[name_f]Liora[/name_f] [name_u]Ever[/name_u] is nice, just [name_u]Ever[/name_u] is unique and still pretty

Other names I like with [name_f]Liora[/name_f]:

[name_f]Liora[/name_f] [name_f]Aelin[/name_f]
[name_f]Liora[/name_f] [name_f]Aislinn[/name_f] (Irish and pronounced [name_f]Ashlyn[/name_f], it means dream)
[name_f]Liora[/name_f] [name_f]Amelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Liora[/name_f] [name_f]Emilia[/name_f]

1 Like

Congratulations! I love [name_f]Mina[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]. Fabulous name.

From your list, I really like [name_f]Lucy[/name_f], [name_f]Sadie[/name_f], & [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f].

Others that come to mind:

[name_f]Amelia[/name_f]
Ann/Anne
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f]
Ellie/Elly
[name_f]Elsie[/name_f]
[name_f]Emily[/name_f]
[name_f]Evie[/name_f]
[name_f]Greta[/name_f]
[name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_f]Junie[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucia[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucille[/name_f]
[name_f]Madeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Mae[/name_f]
[name_f]Noreen[/name_f]

From your list [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] [name_f]Hope[/name_f] stands out.
I personally suggest [name_f]Tessie[/name_f] [name_f]Opal[/name_f]

I like [name_f]Liora[/name_f] and [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]. What about [name_f]Lola[/name_f]? [name_f]Mina[/name_f] is so pretty! [name_f]Do[/name_f] you like Maisie/Maisy? It means pearl to tye into your oldest daughters name. I also think that [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] or [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] are pretty. I know a couple with a [name_f]Mira[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] and [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f], so I love [name_f]Mina[/name_f] and [name_f]Sadie[/name_f]. Have you considered [name_f]Olive[/name_f]? [name_u]Vivien[/name_u] is also very pretty, and that would be nice with [name_f]Mina[/name_f]. What about [name_f]Saffron[/name_f]? Congrats on your sweet baby! [name_u]Happy[/name_u] naming!
~Eliza

[name_f]Madelyn[/name_f] is cute to. I knew a [name_f]Madelyn[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f], and both [name_f]Madelyn[/name_f] and [name_f]Mae[/name_f] are so pretty. They would go great with [name_f]Mina[/name_f]!
~Eliza

I saw [name_f]Liora[/name_f] and my heart just about burst; [name_f]Mina[/name_f] and [name_f]Liora[/name_f] sound SO amazing together!!!

[name_f]Mina[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] and [name_f]Liora[/name_f] [name_f]Hope[/name_f] would make an incredible pair!

2 Likes

I second that!

Congratulations :two_hearts:

[name_f]Mina[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] is so sweet & spunky! Shame about [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] my immediate alternative was [name_f]Evelina[/name_f] but you said that a lot of your relatives have an [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] alternative so maybe [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f], [name_f]Emelina[/name_f] or [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] could be an idea.

As I was saying [name_f]Mina[/name_f] is very spunky and fun some of the names on this list despite being beautiful (like Juliet) just don’t feel like Mina’s sister. Therefore from your list I absolutely adore [name_u]Ruby[/name_u], [name_u]Juniper[/name_u], [name_f]Hope[/name_f], [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] and [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f].

[name_u]Ruby[/name_u] is lovely she’s fun a sweet gemstone that feels bright and sparkly. I also love that [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] being four letters and matching [name_f]Mina[/name_f] it’s a nice way to tie them together. I also really like the connection to the colour red through the stone and Mina’s meaning along with both sisters sharing a gemstone name.

[name_u]Juniper[/name_u] is such a fun nature name that’s energetic and playful. I think [name_f]Mina[/name_f] and [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] sound great together a cool pairing.

I’ve been crushing on [name_f]Hope[/name_f] so much she’s such an endearing wholesome choice very lovely virtue classic. Honestly I was excited to see [name_f]Hope[/name_f] on your list. [name_f]Mina[/name_f] & [name_f]Hope[/name_f] are beautiful.

[name_f]Mina[/name_f] & [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] are a fun pairing! They feel very cool girl together with a vintage flair.

[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] is such a sweet vintage name very vibrant and pretty. [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] meaning ‘from the forest’ makes the name even more appealing I love the subtle nature sound. I also love how [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] meaning connects so well with [name_f]Mina[/name_f] nature meaning ‘child of the red earth’ lovely pairing.

Following this reflection of your names I think my top three would be [name_u]Ruby[/name_u], [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] & [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f]. I think those three just work wonderfully with [name_f]Mina[/name_f].

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps

Eloise, Eleanor and Edith/Edie are good substitutes for Evelyn.

From your list, I think Ruby is just perfection alongside Mina Pearl. Something like Ruby Juniper would be so lovely, as would June Liora and Sylvie June. Actually, I think it’s a tie for me between June Liora and Ruby Juniper!

A few other ideas for you (sorry for any repeats):

Ada
Clara
Tilly
Della
Beatrix
Liv
Flora
Olive
Clementine
Etta
Alba
Freya
Avalon
Willa
Paloma
Iris
Amelie
Viola
Rose
Margot
Luella
Noa
Phoebe
Thea
Allegra
Uma
Xanthe
Anouk

[name_u]Welcome[/name_u] back @ds8607a

[name_f]Mina[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] is simply gorgeous!

From your list I love
[name_f]Liora[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u]
[name_u]Ruby[/name_u] [name_u]Day[/name_u]
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]

[name_f]Mina[/name_f] + [name_f]Liora[/name_f]
[name_f]Mina[/name_f] +Ruby
[name_f]Mina[/name_f] + [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]

Some [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] alternatives
[name_f]Evelina[/name_f]
[name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]
Evan/ Aiobhan
[name_u]Ever[/name_u]
[name_f]Evening[/name_f]
Lyneve
[name_f]Lynette[/name_f]
[name_f]Linnea[/name_f]
[name_u]Vivian[/name_u]
[name_f]Viva[/name_f]

Names I love for you
[name_u]Abby[/name_u]
Amie/ [name_f]Amy[/name_f]
[name_f]Beth[/name_f]
Bryn/ [name_f]Brie[/name_f]
[name_u]Cali[/name_u]
[name_u]Cleo[/name_u]
[name_u]Dani[/name_u]
[name_f]Ellen[/name_f]
[name_u]Fern[/name_u]
[name_f]Grace[/name_f]
[name_u]Gale[/name_u]
[name_f]Gwen[/name_f]
[name_f]Kate[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f]
[name_f]Leah[/name_f]
[name_u]Jade[/name_u]
[name_f]Nora[/name_f]

[name_f]Mina[/name_f] and [name_f]Liora[/name_f] would make a very endearing sibling set :slight_smile:

Avignon
[name_f]Alicia[/name_f]
[name_f]Bren[/name_f]
[name_f]Calixta[/name_f]
[name_f]Neve[/name_f]
[name_f]Gianna[/name_f]
Romela
Leova
[name_f]Nuria[/name_f]
[name_f]Sylva[/name_f]
[name_f]Lenore[/name_f]
[name_f]Abigail[/name_f]