Sister for Miriam and Vera

Partially Reposted from Sibling thread “Help for baby #5/Team Green@-

Okay, so far the top the top contenders are
[name_f]Greta[/name_f]
[name_f]Mabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f]
Which first name do you prefer?
Her big brothers are
[name_u]Augustine[/name_u] (silent E, nn Gus)
[name_m]Roman[/name_m].
[name_f]Miriam[/name_f] goes by [name_f]Mimi[/name_f] most of the time.
I’m really liking [name_f]Joy[/name_f] as a simple sweet middle name for both but open to suggestions.

Some names I loved but were vetoed already are:
[name_f]Callista[/name_f]
[name_u]Cleo[/name_u]
[name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_f]Greta[/name_f], [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] and [name_f]Iris[/name_f] are all wonderful names and you can’t go wrong with any of these choices!

With [name_f]Joy[/name_f] as a middle, I prefer [name_f]Mabel[/name_f].

[name_f]Mabel[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f] :heart_eyes:

Other suggestions…

[name_f]Greta[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u]
[name_f]Greta[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
[name_f]Greta[/name_f] [name_f]Elsie[/name_f]

[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Mabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Clara[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]

[name_f]Mabel[/name_f] [name_u]Briar[/name_u]
[name_f]Mabel[/name_f] [name_f]Flora[/name_f]
[name_f]Mabel[/name_f] [name_u]Josie[/name_u]

2 Likes

[name_f]Iris[/name_f] is my favourite of these (I do love [name_f]Calista[/name_f] though, I’m with you!), and I like that it carries the “r” sound from [name_f]Miriam[/name_f] and [name_f]Vera[/name_f] without sounding much like either of them.

How about:

[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Calliope[/name_f] (maybe too many long-I sounds?)
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Veronica[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Penelope[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Paloma[/name_f]

And I second [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] that @freddiethepink suggested above.

1 Like

[name_f]Greta[/name_f] is so gorgeous with your set!!

I’d vote for [name_f]Iris[/name_f]!

[name_f]My[/name_f] first leaning was [name_f]Greta[/name_f], which does go very well with the other names. However, when I read that your son’s nickname is [name_u]Gus[/name_u], I thought it might be nice for them each to have a different initial… plus I really like the different but complementary endings & “name-shapes” of [name_f]Miriam[/name_f] / [name_f]Mimi[/name_f], [name_f]Vera[/name_f], & [name_f]Iris[/name_f] together! :slight_smile:

Re middles: [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f] is lovely! [name_u]Or[/name_u] you could do [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] too.

1 Like

Yes! I’ve been thinking the same thing today! I love the [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f] combo and different initials is also nice

What do people think of the flow
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] + (3 syllable last name)
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Avila[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] is stunning :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Torn between [name_f]Greta[/name_f] and [name_f]Iris[/name_f] (discounted [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] on account of repeated initial). I’m going to go with [name_f]Iris[/name_f] for a different ending sound.

[name_f]My[/name_f] only hang up with using [name_f]Iris[/name_f] is how popular it’s becoming.

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

Your kids’ names are dreamy & romantic!

Here are my thoughts on your list:

Greta-I love love [name_f]Greta[/name_f]. It’s soft & kind & smart & still has a bit of a flapper girl flair. It’s easy but not terribly popular. It goes really well w/your crew. And not sure if you like it, but I adore the idea of the nn [name_f]Gerty[/name_f].

Mabel-I like it. It’s sweet & old fashioned. I feel like it’s getting a teeny bit popular, but probably not too much. I slightly prefer [name_f]Greta[/name_f].

Iris-I can’t seem to get on board w/this name. It’s vintage & floral so I should like it; just not a fan of the sound.

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] my rambling helps. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f] or [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f] are both beautiful and go with [name_u]Gus[/name_u], [name_m]Roman[/name_m], and [name_f]Mimi[/name_f]. I might have a slight preference for [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f] so you aren’t repeating the first letter M with Miriam/Mimi!

1 Like