Sister for Nathan & Susannah. Discouraged…

[name_f]Every[/name_f] time I think we are getting close, we are back to square one. Our last name is a color starting with Gr. It rhymes with, is in the same category as, or shares the same first letter as some of my favorite names. I generally like names that are light and feminine but fun. Help please. We have 2.5 months to go.

Front runners:

[name_f]Maggie[/name_f] (I want a full name but my husband doesn’t like Margaret; I can’t get into Margo; [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] is a bit frilly; and [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] is liked by my kids and me but not so much my husband, AND it has a hard “g” just before our surname. We’ve considered [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] as a first with surname Gr… to get to [name_f]Maggie[/name_f] but I don’t know if this is a stretch.)

[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] (Husband says he will call her [name_u]Charley[/name_u]. I prefer the full name or [name_f]Lottie[/name_f], so I’m hesitant)

[name_f]My[/name_f] loves that he doesn’t love:

[name_f]Hallie[/name_f]
[name_f]Sybil[/name_f] (Sybbie)
[name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f]
[name_f]Claire[/name_f]

Other contenders that have been discussed but he likes others better:
[name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f]
[name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] (he likes [name_u]Alex[/name_u]. I like Allie.)
[name_f]Liv[/name_f] (Livie)
[name_f]Mollie[/name_f]

Names I love that don’t work with our surname:

[name_u]Hazel[/name_u] (my all time favorite)
[name_f]Olive[/name_f]
[name_f]Gwen[/name_f]
[name_f]Celine[/name_f]

Name I like that he ignores when brought up:

[name_f]Wendy[/name_f]
[name_f]Bridget[/name_f]
[name_f]Cecily[/name_f]

[name_f]Kiara[/name_f]?

If you like [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f], [name_f]Magdalena[/name_f] or [name_f]Magdalene[/name_f] also came to mind. I also like [name_f]Margalit[/name_f]. I think [name_f]Maggie[/name_f] could work for [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f], especially with your surname beginning with g. I just wonder if people would often try to call her [name_f]Maddie[/name_f] instead. Could you not see yourself using just [name_f]Maggie[/name_f] as the full name?

4 Likes

Also, if you’re looking for any more suggestions, I like Clara, Penelope, Eleanor, Harriet (Hattie?) & Florence (Florrie?) with your surname! I really like Charlotte & Juliet too!

1 Like

[name_m]Nathan[/name_m] & [name_f]Susannah[/name_f] are two of my favorite names of all time, so hopefully I can help! I have a dog named [name_f]Maggie[/name_f], and I absolutely love her name. Part of me wishes I had waited to use it until we had children. I personally think if your surname starts with Gr, it would flow with [name_f]Maggie[/name_f] really nicely. I would be hesitant if it were an R close to an R surname since that’s hard to pronounce, but G is naturally easy for babies and children to say.

What do you think about these?
[name_u]Auden[/name_u]
[name_f]Clara[/name_f]
[name_f]Zoey[/name_f]
[name_u]Sydney[/name_u]
[name_u]Blakely[/name_u] (Blake)
[name_f]Kinsley[/name_f]
[name_u]Alex[/name_u]
[name_f]Elena[/name_f] or [name_f]Helena[/name_f]
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f]

2 Likes

[name_f]Margalo[/name_f] comes to my mind as a full name for [name_f]Maggie[/name_f].

I think [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] fits perfectly with [name_m]Nathan[/name_m] and [name_f]Susannah[/name_f]. I think your husband using [name_u]Charley[/name_u] instead of [name_f]Lottie[/name_f] is even quite cute, like an special daddy-daughter nickname.

[name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] Gr. nn [name_f]Maggie[/name_f] is nice! I think it could work. [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] feels natural next to [name_m]Nathan[/name_m] and [name_f]Susannah[/name_f]

[name_m]Nathan[/name_m], [name_f]Susannah[/name_f] & [name_f]Sarah[/name_f]
[name_m]Nathan[/name_m], [name_f]Susannah[/name_f] & [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]
[name_m]Nathan[/name_m], [name_f]Susannah[/name_f] & [name_f]Laura[/name_f]
[name_m]Nathan[/name_m], [name_f]Susannah[/name_f] & [name_f]Rebecca[/name_f]
[name_m]Nathan[/name_m], [name_f]Susannah[/name_f] & [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
[name_m]Nathan[/name_m], [name_f]Susannah[/name_f] & [name_f]Daniela[/name_f]
[name_m]Nathan[/name_m], [name_f]Susannah[/name_f] & [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]
[name_m]Nathan[/name_m], [name_f]Susannah[/name_f] & [name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_m]Nathan[/name_m], [name_f]Susannah[/name_f] & [name_f]Julia[/name_f]
[name_m]Nathan[/name_m], [name_f]Susannah[/name_f] & [name_f]Selene[/name_f]
[name_m]Nathan[/name_m], [name_f]Susannah[/name_f] & [name_u]Harper[/name_u]
[name_m]Nathan[/name_m], [name_f]Susannah[/name_f] & [name_f]Caroline[/name_f]

[name_m]Nathan[/name_m], [name_f]Susannah[/name_f], and [name_f]Marguerite[/name_f] would be lovely. [name_f]Maggie[/name_f] as a nickname fits very well and isn’t a stretch at all!

3 Likes

Would you consider Magdalene? It would be beautiful with Nathan & Susannah, and Maggie is such a natural nn for it!

Nathan, Susannah, and…

Penelope
Felicity
Josephine
Beatrice
Winifred
Eliza
Elizabeth
Katherine
Eleanor
Florence
Phoebe
Louisa
Lucy
Rose

I like [name_u]Hazel[/name_u] [name_u]Grey[/name_u] or [name_f]Gwen[/name_f] [name_u]Grey[/name_u].

1 Like

[name_u]Camille[/name_u] - comes up as a suggestion under [name_f]Celine[/name_f], reminds me a bit of [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] and your husband’s favorite names

[name_f]Polly[/name_f] - an alternate to [name_f]Mollie[/name_f] that feels more like the names on your own lists

[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] - comes up as a suggestion under [name_f]Daphne[/name_f]

[name_f]Colette[/name_f] - alternate to [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] that doesn’t lend itself to the nickname [name_u]Charley[/name_u] at all (but you could still use [name_f]Lottie[/name_f] if you wanted)

1 Like

[name_f]Abigail[/name_f]
[name_f]Bernice[/name_f]
[name_f]Candace[/name_f]
[name_f]Claudia[/name_f]
[name_f]Deborah[/name_f]
[name_f]Delilah[/name_f]
[name_f]Rebecca[/name_f]
[name_f]Tabitha[/name_f]

1 Like

Eliza
Hattie
Abigail nn Abby
Megan
Mabel
Eloise
Adelaide nn Addie
Adeline nn Addie
Frances
Winnie
Emmeline

Maggie Hazel would be super cute. I think any full ‘M’ name could have Maggie as a nickname, because why not!. Morgan, Marceline, Mabel, Maxine, May or Mae, Marcella, Mirabelle, Mirabella, Millicent, Mary, Marion, Maria, Marie, Marianne, Maren, etc etc.

Maren Hazel :heart_eyes:

1 Like

[name_f]Maggie[/name_f] is lovely-sweet and vibrant!! Magdelen could be another fullname?

[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] is gorgeous too and I think you go use different nicknames for her

[name_f]Mabel[/name_f], [name_f]Lucy[/name_f], [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] and [name_f]Clara[/name_f] came to mind too

1 Like

Celeste!! Similar sound as [name_f]Celine[/name_f] but doesn’t rhyme with your surname!

1 Like

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there! I absolutely love [name_f]Susannah[/name_f] and [name_m]Nathan[/name_m], especially as sibling names. Brilliant choices! From your list, I think [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] seems to go with sibling names the best, but if your husband doesn’t care for it, it is not the one.
Your style seems to be traditional, old-fashioned, delicate, and feminine without being frilly. These come to mind for baby girl:

[name_f]Caroline[/name_f]
[name_f]Catherine[/name_f]
[name_f]Clara[/name_f]
[name_f]Helen[/name_f] (versus Hazel)
[name_f]Lydia[/name_f]
[name_f]Madeline[/name_f] (with lyn pronunciation)
[name_u]Maria[/name_u]
[name_f]Melody[/name_f]
[name_f]Rebecca[/name_f]

[name_f]My[/name_f] favorites are the names that have an R in them as it compliments your surname well. I also like the idea of a double name for you, such as, [name_f]Mary[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]. Best of luck!

[name_m]Nathan[/name_m], [name_f]Susannah[/name_f], and…
[name_f]Adelaide[/name_f]
[name_f]Agatha[/name_f]
[name_f]Agnes[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]
[name_f]Blythe[/name_f]
[name_f]Calliope[/name_f]
[name_f]Celia[/name_f]
[name_f]Dahlia[/name_f]
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f]
[name_f]Etta[/name_f]
[name_f]Eugenie[/name_f]
[name_u]Florence[/name_u]
[name_f]Georgia[/name_f]
[name_f]Harriet[/name_f]
[name_f]Imogen[/name_f]
[name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Katherine[/name_f]
[name_f]Laura[/name_f]
[name_f]Mathilde[/name_f]
[name_f]Miriam[/name_f]
[name_f]Nora[/name_f]
[name_f]Octavia[/name_f]
[name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosemary[/name_f]
[name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_f]Sadie[/name_f]
[name_f]Sylvia[/name_f]
[name_f]Vera[/name_f]
[name_f]Virginia[/name_f]
[name_f]Viola[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Willa[/name_f]
[name_u]Wren[/name_u]

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps! Good luck!

1 Like

Vivian/Vivienne was the first name that came to mind when reading your other children’s names.

Other suggestions:
[name_f]Rebecca[/name_f]
[name_u]Louise[/name_u]
[name_f]Marianne[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosalind[/name_f]
[name_f]Teresa[/name_f] (Tessa :heart:)
[name_f]Roberta[/name_f]
[name_f]Corinne[/name_f]
Blair(e)
[name_f]Ramona[/name_f]
[name_u]Laurel[/name_u]
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f]

Ha! Similar taste for sure. [name_u]Zoe[/name_u] and [name_u]Blakely[/name_u] are our good friends — they’re sisters! You don’t think bc [name_m]Nathan[/name_m] and [name_f]Susannah[/name_f] have more formal
Names that using just [name_f]Maggie[/name_f] would be unfair ?

I love Nell/Nellie and have run through [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] and [name_f]Helena[/name_f] many times but don’t know if I could hear myself calling them out! You don’t think [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] sound too formal/ regal next to [name_f]Susannah[/name_f]? It is so pretty, I just don’t know if it’s too sophisticated :slight_smile: We call [name_f]Susannah[/name_f] by the nn [name_f]Zuzu[/name_f] btw and [name_m]Nathan[/name_m] is Nates on occasion.

1 Like