Sister for Nathan & Susannah. Discouraged…

I will say if [name_u]Hazel[/name_u] is out due to its color name association then [name_f]Violet[/name_f] likely also wouldn’t be a good match :confused:

It’s her birth name, I honestly think it’s fine! Yes, they’re colors but they’re both popular names as well. I don’t think people will give it much thought.

Josephina nn Josie
Seraphina (bc I love finding similarities in sibsets and Nathan and Susannah both have Ns, Hs & As)
Silvana or Silvia nn Silvie
Julieta
Harriet nn Hattie
August or Augustina nn Auggie (same ending as Maggie)
Agnes or Agatha nn Aggie
Angelina nn Angie or Aggie
Allegra nn Aggie
Georgina nn Georgie
Regina nn Reggie
Megan nn Meggy
Magdala or Magda nn Maggie
Magali nn Maggie
Malaga (place name) nn Maggie
Madigan nn Maggie
Mahogany nn Maggie (this its prob my favorite, I never saw anyone use or suggest it as a full name for Maggie + it has an h, As & an n)
Elliotte nn Lottie
Peggy (or Winnipeg nn Peggy)
Emmanuella nn Em, Emme, Emma, Nell, Nellie, Ella, Ellie, Manu, Mel
Or maybe the nickname Mackie instead of Maggie - like in short for Mackenzie or Mackena

So I’m guessing your last name is the color between yellow & blue? I actually had neighbors growing up who had that last name & their family really went for the color theme with their first name. Our neighbor was [name_u]Kelly[/name_u], & his brothers were named [name_m]Forrest[/name_m] & [name_u]Russet[/name_u]. Kelly’s sons were named [name_m]Heath[/name_m] & [name_u]Leaf[/name_u] (with that spelling). I remember when Leaf’s wife was first expecting, they said if they had a girl they were going to name her [name_u]Jade[/name_u], but they had a boy. I always thought [name_u]Jade[/name_u] Gr---- would’ve been pretty cute.

I would agree that [name_f]Olive[/name_f] is a bit gimmicky, but I think [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] could be a good choice. You could use Liv/Livy as a nickname.

I actually think [name_u]Hazel[/name_u] Gr---- would be fine if that’s the name you like best. Hazel’s a well-established name & relatively common, so I don’t think it would feel overwhelmingly gimmicky.

[name_f]Maggie[/name_f] is cute, maybe [name_f]Magdalena[/name_f] for a full name?

I like Magdalia for [name_f]Maggie[/name_f] or [name_f]Magdalena[/name_f] either or honestly.

Other names you might consider:
[name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_u]Meredith[/name_u]
[name_f]Helena[/name_f]
[name_f]Jocelyn[/name_f]
[name_f]Dolores[/name_f]

Madeleine with the nickname Maggie is a bit of a stretch. I think people will mishear it as Maddie. Marguerite would be very sweet though!!

I think Charlotte or Alexandra would be fine with more than one nickname. Our girls go by different nicknames to different groups of people in their life and they seem fine with it.

I know you said you like light and airy but all of your choices seem more traditional and feminine to me, but not overly feminine. Nathan and Susannah are fantastic choices. What about…

Nathan, Susannah, and…

Tabitha (Tabby)
Felicity (Flick)
Abigail (Abby)
Madelief (Maddie)
Helena (Nell or Lennie)
Beatrice (Bea)
Agnes (Aggie)
Odette (O, Ettie, Odie)

You have all given amazing recos, beginning with making me feel like [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] Gre*n nn [name_f]Maggie[/name_f] is okay. I tossed so many names my husband’s way and the only one that consistently sticks is [name_f]Maggie[/name_f]. When hanging her ultrasound photo on the [name_u]Christmas[/name_u] tree this morning, he said “Madeleine is on the tree.” So I think we’ve finally done it.

Now…. [name_f]Do[/name_f] we need to use an “A” name as a middle name to reinforce the nn [name_f]Maggie[/name_f] (initials would be M-A-G) OR can we pick whichever middle we want?

If we need the A, please pick your favorite:

Madeleine/Maggie [name_f]Abigail[/name_f] Gren
Madeleine/Maggie [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] Gre
n
Madeleine/Maggie [name_f]Alice[/name_f] Gren
Madeleine/Maggie [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] Gre
n
Madeleine/Maggie [name_f]Anais[/name_f] Gre*n

If we don’t need the A, please pick your favorite. We would love to honor either [name_m]Louis[/name_m] or [name_m]Vito[/name_m] (went by William/Bill/Willie) or both but not a requirement.

Madeleine/Maggie [name_f]Violet[/name_f] Gren
Madeleine/Maggie [name_f]Eve[/name_f] Gre
n
Madeleine/Maggie [name_f]Liv[/name_f] Gren
Madeleine/Maggie [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] Gre
n
Madeleine/Maggie [name_u]Leigh[/name_u] Gren
Madeleine/Maggie [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] Gre
n
Madeline/Maggie [name_f]Elise[/name_f] Gre*n

Open to other suggestions.

Thank you!!

2 Likes

I’m partial to [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] [name_f]Anais[/name_f] or [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] [name_f]Eloise[/name_f]. Congratulations on deciding the first! That’s always so exciting !

1 Like

Since [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] is a form of [name_f]Magdalena[/name_f] I think it’s perfectly fine to use to get to [name_f]Maggie[/name_f]. This seems like a really strong contender!

Is there a middle name already on the table? If not, is there a name one of you really loves but the other isn’t sold on at as a first? The middle spot can often be a good place to compromise a bit.

Jidt using some of the other names tossed around on your list:
[name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] [name_f]Sybil[/name_f] Gr__
[name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] Gr__ (since you can’t agree on a nickname this one may be a safer choice in the middle)
[name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] [name_f]Bridget[/name_f] Gr__

I’m not sure if you NEED to use an A- it might help.

With your middle lis Infoubd myself particularly drawn to the longer names (regardless of letter). So [name_f]Abigail[/name_f], [name_f]Annabel[/name_f], [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] and [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] :purple_heart:

[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] is not too regal. I think it pairs well.

Other suggestion is [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] (nn [name_u]Coco[/name_u], [name_f]Lia[/name_f], [name_u]Cory[/name_u], [name_u]Dell[/name_u], Delia).

[name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] Gre*n is gorgeous and I love [name_f]Maggie[/name_f] as a nickname for it. I think you should choose whatever middle name you like. [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] is a sweet honor name.

1 Like