Sister for Owen

I’m having another baby!

We’re actually finding out in a few weeks, but hubby isn’t wanting to discuss names much more until then, so I’m turning to you name nerds!

We’ve got a pretty good list already, but I have my reservations and I guess I’m just looking for some feedback. Our son is [name_u]Owen[/name_u] [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] who is occasionally called O.

Mae [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] - front runner, but I don’t really like one syllable names. Plan is for nicknames to be Maevey or [name_f]Maeby[/name_f]. We don’t like [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] and have considered [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] but it’s a little tongue twister-y with our surname.

Iris [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] - beautiful, but I’m not 100% sold on [name_f]Iris[/name_f], it feels a little harsh, especially next to the very soft sounding [name_u]Owen[/name_u]. Hubby isn’t a fan of [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] as an alternative.

Audrey [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] - hubby loves [name_f]Audrey[/name_f], I don’t mind it but it doesn’t feel like my daughter’s name.

Edie [name_f]Violet[/name_f] - hubby’s favourite. An alternative to [name_f]Evie[/name_f] which we can’t use, but even though the combo is gorgeous, I don’t think I love [name_f]Edie[/name_f].

Names we’ve ruled out:
[name_f]Millie[/name_f] - tongue twister with surname
[name_f]Ella[/name_f] - too common
[name_f]Neve[/name_f] - friend just used this
Hubby also vetoed my two favourite names: [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] and [name_f]Nora[/name_f] :confused:

3 Likes

I really like [name_f]Mae[/name_f] and [name_f]Edie[/name_f]. [name_m]Can[/name_m]’t go wrong with these two.
How does your husband like [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f], [name_f]Elisa[/name_f], [name_f]Nell[/name_f], or [name_f]Nellie[/name_f]? [name_m]Just[/name_m] using a bit of a twist on the names you like.

We’ve actually talked about [name_f]Nell[/name_f]! But we know a really horrible [name_f]Nellie[/name_f] so I don’t think we could commit to it.

1 Like

Other thoughts:
Noelie
[name_f]Noelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Maisie[/name_f]
[name_f]Emma[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f]

1 Like

Edie [name_f]Violet[/name_f] and [name_f]Mae[/name_f] [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] are my personal favourites. [name_f]Edie[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] has a gorgeous flow and just fits somehow. And I absolutely adore [name_f]Mae[/name_f] as a first name. I think it is super spunky and a change from its popular middle name spot.

Some names that give me a similar vibe and sound great with [name_u]Owen[/name_u]:

Hazel
[name_f]Eve[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]
[name_f]Isla[/name_f]
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f]
[name_f]Cecilia[/name_f]
[name_f]Mia[/name_f]
[name_f]Emma[/name_f]
[name_f]Eva[/name_f]

Combination suggestions:
[name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Adeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_u]Eden[/name_u]
[name_f]Eva[/name_f] [name_f]Adeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Emma[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_f]Amelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f] [name_u]Vivian[/name_u]
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f] [name_f]Adeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Mia[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Eve[/name_f] [name_u]Juniper[/name_u]

Hope this helps! :fairy:t3:‍♀

Hi there.

Here are my thoughts:

Mae [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u]-I think that this is perfect w/Owen. It’s soft, old fashioned yet sounds fresh at the same time, kind, smart & simple. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you like [name_f]Maple[/name_f] as an alternative if [name_f]Mae[/name_f] is too short for you?

Iris [name_f]Adeline[/name_f]-I completely agree that [name_f]Iris[/name_f] sounds harsh next to [name_u]Owen[/name_u]. It’s not my favorite. [name_m]Just[/name_m] can’t get into it.

Audrey [name_f]Eliza[/name_f]-That is gorgeous & perfect w/Owen in my opinion. But scrap it if it’s not for you. Maybe [name_f]Audra[/name_f]?

Edie [name_f]Violet[/name_f]-I don’t care for just [name_f]Edie[/name_f]. It’s way too nick-namey in my opinion. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you like [name_f]Edith[/name_f], [name_u]Eden[/name_u] or [name_f]Eudora[/name_f] nn [name_f]Edie[/name_f] better?

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Iris [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] is so pretty and I love [name_f]Mae[/name_f] [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] too

I’ll throw in the suggestion of [name_f]Lydia[/name_f]

1 Like

Congratulations!! I remember your birth announcement for your son, his name is still one of my most favorite babyberry names! :blush:

Mae [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] is so sweet. I really love that spelling of [name_f]Mae[/name_f], and I think the softness of it pairs so nicely with [name_u]Owen[/name_u]! Have you considered [name_f]Mavis[/name_f]? There’s also [name_f]Maisie[/name_f], [name_f]Maelys[/name_f], or [name_u]Maven[/name_u] too!
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] is beautiful. Seems like [name_f]Iris[/name_f] maybe isn’t for you though. Maybe [name_f]Isla[/name_f] or [name_f]Iona[/name_f]?
[name_f]Audrey[/name_f] [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] is lovely, I love both names individually, but together it does seem a tiny bit dated. [name_u]Love[/name_u] the suggestion of [name_f]Audra[/name_f]. there’s [name_f]Autumn[/name_f] too!
I love [name_f]Edie[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] so, so much! It’s so pretty and sweet. If you don’t love [name_f]Edie[/name_f], maybe you might like [name_f]Edith[/name_f], [name_f]Elodie[/name_f], or [name_u]Eden[/name_u]?

not sure if you’re looking for suggestions, but here are some:
[name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_f]Amelia[/name_f]/Amelie
[name_f]Belle[/name_f]
[name_u]Briar[/name_u]
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
[name_f]Clementine[/name_f]
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]
[name_f]Elora[/name_f]/Eliora
[name_f]Elsie[/name_f]
[name_f]Emmeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Esme[/name_f]
[name_f]Fiona[/name_f]
[name_f]Flora[/name_f]
[name_u]Harper[/name_u]
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f]
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f]
[name_f]Juno[/name_f]
[name_f]Layla[/name_f]/Leia/Lola
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f]/Lucille
[name_f]Lydia[/name_f]
[name_f]Maggie[/name_f]
[name_f]Mara[/name_f]
[name_f]Margot[/name_f]
[name_f]Marnie[/name_f]
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f]
[name_f]Molly[/name_f]
[name_u]Nova[/name_u]/Nola
[name_f]Olive[/name_f]
[name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f]/Penny
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]
[name_u]Piper[/name_u]
[name_f]Poppy[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosie[/name_f]
[name_u]Ruby[/name_u]
[name_f]Scarlett[/name_f]
[name_f]Sophie[/name_f]
[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f]
[name_f]Thea[/name_f]
[name_f]Viola[/name_f]
[name_u]Willow[/name_u]/Willa
[name_f]Zara[/name_f]
[name_f]Zelda[/name_f]
[name_f]Zoe[/name_f]

Good luck!! :slightly_smiling_face:

I will suggest Maebry, [name_f]Mae[/name_f] for short💕

Owen [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] is one of my all-time favorite babyberry names! Congratulations!

As for this new little one, my favorite from your shortlist is [name_f]Mae[/name_f] [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u]. [name_u]Owen[/name_u] and [name_f]Maevy[/name_f] are very sweet and unexpected.

Aww, yay! I’m so happy for you, [name_f]Grace[/name_f]! Congratulations!

Iris [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] is my favorite–she’s super sweet! I was actually going to suggest [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] to you, as it feels so iconically you! And [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] [name_f]Iris[/name_f] is show-stoppingly beautiful. Is [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] up front a no-go? I think [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] and [name_u]Owen[/name_u] are perfect together. :heart: [name_u]Owen[/name_u] and [name_f]Iris[/name_f] are very sweet, too, though.

Mae [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] nn Maevey is adorable; I don’t actually like [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] itself, but think Maevey is adorably sweet.

Audrey is gorgeous, and perfect with [name_u]Owen[/name_u], but if you’re not sold, maybe you should move on?

Edie [name_f]Violet[/name_f] - same with [name_f]Audrey[/name_f]. If you’re not convinced, I’d look at other options. :slight_smile:

Are you looking for ideas, as well? [name_f]Zoe[/name_f], [name_f]Anna[/name_f], [name_f]Felicity[/name_f], [name_f]Thea[/name_f], [name_f]Eloise[/name_f], [name_f]Hannah[/name_f], [name_f]Clara[/name_f], [name_u]Kit[/name_u], [name_f]Lila[/name_f], [name_f]Julia[/name_f]/Juliet, and [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] are some names I can see you loving/using…

All the best, lovely!

Mae [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] would get my vote! Both names are beautiful, and [name_f]Mae[/name_f] seems like the best sister to [name_u]Owen[/name_u] from your list. The nns of Maevey and [name_f]Maeby[/name_f] are adorable too!

While your other combos are also gorgeous, your heart doesn’t seem to be in them. I’d either stick with [name_f]Mae[/name_f] or find something else that you really love. Some ideas:

Eliza Alternatives
[name_f]Ellie[/name_f]
[name_f]Eloise[/name_f]
[name_f]Liza[/name_f]
[name_f]Zara[/name_f]
[name_f]Elsa[/name_f]
[name_f]Lola[/name_f]
[name_f]Lula[/name_f]

Nora Alternatives
[name_u]Norrie[/name_u]
[name_f]Noor[/name_f]
[name_f]Nola[/name_f]
[name_f]Nolie[/name_f]

Others
[name_f]Poppy[/name_f]
[name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_u]Ruby[/name_u]
[name_u]Lexi[/name_u] / [name_f]Lexa[/name_f]
[name_u]Willow[/name_u]
[name_f]Flora[/name_f]
[name_f]Stella[/name_f]
[name_f]Scarlett[/name_f]
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f]
[name_f]Lily[/name_f]
[name_u]Holly[/name_u]
[name_f]Luna[/name_f]
[name_f]Clover[/name_f]
[name_f]Freya[/name_f]
[name_u]Harper[/name_u]
[name_f]Sadie[/name_f]
[name_f]Etta[/name_f]
[name_f]Bea[/name_f] / [name_f]Bee[/name_f]
[name_u]Wren[/name_u]

Congratulations!

Owen [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] is such a lovely name really handsome name so I’m sure you’ll find a lovely sister name for [name_u]Owen[/name_u].

Mae [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] ~ [name_f]Mae[/name_f] is such a sweet vintage choice personally I prefer the spelling [name_f]May[/name_f] I just think it’s sweeter. Anyways [name_f]Mae[/name_f] is a lovely simplistic choice. Sounds great with [name_u]Owen[/name_u]. I think [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] is a lovely middle name.

Iris [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] ~ [name_f]Iris[/name_f] such a pretty floral choice with the meaning rainbow it’s a lovely spunky name. It’s on my list actually. [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] is a gorgeous. I think [name_f]Iris[/name_f] & [name_u]Owen[/name_u] are lovely. Personally I don’t find [name_f]Iris[/name_f] harsh.

Audrey [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] ~ [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] is lovely glamorous choice I also like [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] with [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] but if you if this my your daughters name scrap it.

Edie [name_f]Violet[/name_f] ~ [name_f]Edie[/name_f] is super sweet nickname name I like it very retro and I like it with [name_f]Violet[/name_f].
Pretty. But if your not certain I would scrap it.

If you seem settled on [name_f]Mae[/name_f] [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] go with that it’s so pretty

1 Like

Nellie [name_m]Olsen[/name_m], lol. (From [name_m]Little[/name_m] House on the [name_u]Prairie[/name_u].) She was [name_f]Laura[/name_f]’s horrible nemesis.

Ok I love [name_f]Mae[/name_f] and [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] from your list. Both are so vintage and elegant sounding. I think they pair amazingly well with [name_u]Owen[/name_u] too.
Good luck

Both [name_f]Mae[/name_f] and [name_u]Owen[/name_u] were on my short list too. :two_hearts:

1 Like

Congrats! I’m sure whatever name you end up choosing will be perfect.

Mae [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u]: I think this sounds darling with [name_u]Owen[/name_u], but I can see your point with the one-syllable. [name_f]Maisy[/name_f] or [name_f]Maisie[/name_f] may be a good alternative! Still has the ‘[name_f]Mae[/name_f]’ part of the name while elongating it.

Iris [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] is also gorgeous, but I can see your hesitation with the harshness of the ending s.

Audrey [name_f]Eliza[/name_f]: I like [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] but I feel it’s too popular, but I love love love [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] especially with [name_u]Owen[/name_u]! Maybe combine the two with [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f]?

Edie [name_f]Violet[/name_f]: I love [name_f]Edie[/name_f], but prefer it as a nickname. One of my favorite names is [name_u]Eden[/name_u], perhaps use that with a nickname as [name_f]Edie[/name_f]? Whatever you choose is sure to be gorgeous xx

Mavis/Maevis? I think it sounds beautiful with [name_u]Owen[/name_u]! And allows for [name_f]Mae[/name_f] or Maevey as nn.

Irene is what I turn to as a softer alternative to [name_f]Iris[/name_f] (:

Auburn or [name_u]Arbor[/name_u] as an alternative to [name_u]Aubrey[/name_u]? Both seem softer to me which matches [name_u]Owen[/name_u]’s style.

Some that seem softer and are 2+ syllables:
[name_u]Robin[/name_u]
[name_f]Stella[/name_f]
[name_u]London[/name_u]
Rhean (ree-ann)
[name_f]Amelia[/name_f]
Ellory
[name_u]Oakley[/name_u]
[name_u]Jordan[/name_u]/Jorden
[name_u]Billie[/name_u]
[name_u]Harlow[/name_u]
[name_f]Birdie[/name_f]