Sister for Tess

[name_f]My[/name_f] husband and I are really struggling to agree on a girls name.

Our first daughter is [name_f]Tess[/name_f].

The names we have come up with so far that both of us could accept (but don’t love) are:

[name_f]Ada[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosa[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f]
[name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] ([name_f]Nellie[/name_f])

Which of these names do you prefer with [name_f]Tess[/name_f]?
Thanks lovely Nameberrys :blush:

1 Like

Ada and [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f].
[name_f]Christine[/name_f]?

1 Like

I love [name_f]Ada[/name_f], [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] and [name_f]Rosa[/name_f]!

Other ideas: [name_f]Molly[/name_f], [name_f]Millie[/name_f], [name_f]Sophie[/name_f], [name_f]Nora[/name_f]

2 Likes

I like all apart from Eliza but I adore Eleanor so that gets my vote. Really though, any one of them would suit Tess well. Ada and Maeve would probably tie in second place for me.

Other ideas:

Matilda
Isobel
Pearl
Margot
Olive
Willa
Maya
Paloma
Mirabel
Adele
Billie
Clementine
Lua
Freya
Della
Eloise
June
Kaia
Luella
Phoebe
Ophelia
Noa
Aurora
Stella
Frida
Violet
Juniper
Marigold
Allegra
Delphine
Iris

1 Like

Tess and [name_f]Ada[/name_f] is my favorite pair! [name_f]Tess[/name_f] and [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] ‘[name_f]Nellie[/name_f]’ would be my second choice.

Other ideas: [name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_f]Millie[/name_f], [name_f]Eva[/name_f], [name_f]Jane[/name_f] ‘[name_f]Janie[/name_f]’

1 Like

I personally think [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] is the one that matches in spunk and personality with [name_f]Tess[/name_f] the best. The rest feel too retro or soft to be a sister to [name_f]Tess[/name_f] imo. [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] “[name_f]Nellie[/name_f]” is nice, but I don’t love [name_f]Tess[/name_f] and [name_f]Nellie[/name_f] together as much as [name_f]Tess[/name_f] and [name_f]Eliza[/name_f]. Have you considered [name_f]Nora[/name_f] as an option? I think [name_f]Tess[/name_f] and [name_f]Nora[/name_f] sound lovely together.

Some other options:
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f]
[name_f]Elise[/name_f]
[name_f]Eloise[/name_f]
[name_f]Erin[/name_f]
[name_f]Grace[/name_f]
[name_f]Greta[/name_f]
[name_u]June[/name_u]
[name_f]Kate[/name_f]

I like [name_f]Tess[/name_f] and [name_f]Eliza[/name_f], [name_f]Tess[/name_f] and [name_f]Nora[/name_f], and [name_f]Tess[/name_f] and [name_f]Erin[/name_f] the best, with [name_f]Tess[/name_f] and [name_f]Nora[/name_f] being my personal favorite. Best of luck!

2 Likes

[name_f]Tess[/name_f] and [name_f]Nell[/name_f] have always been a favourite sister set of mine :heartpulse: [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] and [name_f]Ada[/name_f] also go really well!

[name_f]Tess[/name_f] and…

[name_u]Romy[/name_u]
[name_u]Sasha[/name_u]
[name_u]Coco[/name_u]
[name_u]Billie[/name_u]
[name_f]Willa[/name_f]
[name_f]Cleo[/name_f]
[name_u]Frankie[/name_u]
[name_f]Laurel[/name_f]
[name_f]Ivy[/name_f]
[name_f]Liv[/name_f]
[name_f]Fern[/name_f]
[name_f]Ida[/name_f]
[name_u]Ruby[/name_u]
[name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
[name_f]Faye[/name_f]
[name_f]Pippa[/name_f]
[name_f]Margot[/name_f]
[name_f]Mara[/name_f]
[name_f]Edie[/name_f]
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]
[name_f]Greta[/name_f]
[name_f]Maren[/name_f]
[name_f]Blythe[/name_f]
[name_f]Poppy[/name_f]
[name_u]Indie[/name_u]
[name_f]Goldie[/name_f]
[name_u]Scout[/name_u]
[name_f]Birdie[/name_f]
Lula
Vera
June
Rose

2 Likes

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

[name_f]Tess[/name_f] is so sweet!

Here are my thoughts on your list-

[name_f]Ada[/name_f]-I like this. It’s nice, simple, down to earth, smart, classic, not terribly common. It goes well w/Tess. It’s not terribly exciting, but I really think that may be because I see it on this page a lot. It is really very sweet.

[name_f]Rosa[/name_f]-This is nice, but I don’t know. It feels a bit heavy w/Tess. I’d prefer just [name_f]Rose[/name_f]. [name_f]Tess[/name_f] & [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] would be adorable.

[name_f]Eliza[/name_f]-This is cute. The only thing that seems kind of odd is that [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] & [name_f]Tess[/name_f] are both nns for [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]. Is that weird?

[name_f]Maeve[/name_f]-[name_f]Lovely[/name_f]! [name_m]Just[/name_m] perfect w/Tess. Simple, feminine but not fussy, & grows up well. [name_m]Just[/name_m] perfect.

[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] ([name_f]Nellie[/name_f])- :heart_eyes: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: One of my top three favorites (and I basically only love three names.). [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] is just the perfect balance of smart, feminine, classic, sweet & charmingly vintage. Plus, it’s a Beatles song! And [name_f]Nellie[/name_f] was my great grandmother’s name. I didn’t know her, but from what people tell me she was the sweetest caring lady, & I associate that name w/that.

So, in conclusion, you can’t go wrong w/any! I’m personally head over heals for [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] & [name_f]Nellie[/name_f]. And [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] goes perfectly w/Tess.

Here are a few other ideas. Sorry for any repeats!

[name_f]Alice[/name_f]

[name_f]Bridget[/name_f]/Bridie

[name_f]Celia[/name_f]

[name_f]Cora[/name_f]

[name_f]Cate[/name_f]

[name_f]Daphne[/name_f]

[name_f]Fern[/name_f]

[name_f]Fiona[/name_f]

[name_f]Gwyneth[/name_f]/Gwen

[name_u]Holly[/name_u]

[name_u]June[/name_u]/Junie

[name_f]Kathleen[/name_f]/Kit

[name_f]Lucy[/name_f]

[name_f]Nora[/name_f]

[name_f]Olive[/name_f]/Livy

[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]

[name_u]Ruby[/name_u]

[name_f]Sofie[/name_f]

[name_f]Violet[/name_f]

[name_u]Vida[/name_u]

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile:

1 Like

All of the options you have proposed are beautiful, and I don’t think you could go wrong with any of them.

I would probably rank the ones I feel go best with [name_f]Tess[/name_f] in this order (but like I said, I think they are all good matches):

• Tess & [name_f]Ada[/name_f]: Both names are quite powerful despite their shortness, which is why I think they work so well together.
  • Tess & [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]: This came very close to [name_f]Ada[/name_f] for me, and is one of my personal favorites. I like that they are both one-syllable, and [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] is another strong name.
  • Tess & [name_f]Eliza[/name_f]: Also lovely! These ones sound very much like storybook siblings to me. And I like that both are diminutives for longer, classic names ([name_f]Theresa[/name_f] and [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]). But they both definitely work as names in their own right, no question.
  • Tess & [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] ([name_f]Nellie[/name_f]): I also love the name [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], but I feel that it could be a bit long in physical length in comparison to [name_f]Tess[/name_f]. The nickname [name_f]Nellie[/name_f] might help with that though.
  • Tess & [name_f]Rosa[/name_f]: [name_f]My[/name_f] associations with [name_f]Rosa[/name_f] are definitely more Hispanic/Italian, and [name_f]Tess[/name_f] sounds so British to me, so in my own head, the names are a little more different from each other than your other options. I do see in the description of [name_f]Rosa[/name_f] on this site that it is also used by Brits, so maybe my association could be different than yours or others around you.

Some other names that others have already mentioned that I also think would go really well with [name_f]Tess[/name_f] are [name_f]Willa[/name_f], [name_u]June[/name_u], [name_f]Ivy[/name_f], [name_f]Pippa[/name_f], [name_f]Margot[/name_f], and [name_f]Cora[/name_f].

A few other ideas that haven’t been named yet are:

• Tess & [name_f]Maude[/name_f]: It’s a bit similar to [name_f]Maeve[/name_f], but it has a “d” like [name_f]Ada[/name_f].
  • Tess & [name_f]Greer[/name_f]: Like [name_f]Tess[/name_f], this name is short and spunky. It reminds of the Old Hollywood actress [name_f]Greer[/name_f] [name_m]Garson[/name_m].
  • Tess & [name_f]Eve[/name_f]: Again, just another short but strong name.
  • Tess & [name_f]Hazel[/name_f]: [name_f]Tess[/name_f] and [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] just have similar feels to me. And they are both of [name_f]English[/name_f] origin, so they are tied together in that way too.

I hope this helps!

2 Likes

Tess and [name_f]Nellie[/name_f] are super cute. I think [name_f]Nellie[/name_f] can stand on its own.

1 Like

Maeve is my favorite with [name_f]Tess[/name_f]! I love how they are both one syllable and classic sounding

1 Like

Love [name_f]Ada[/name_f] and [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] with [name_f]Tess[/name_f]

I’ll also suggest [name_f]Willa[/name_f] and [name_f]Ivy[/name_f]

1 Like

I love [name_f]Ada[/name_f] and [name_f]Rose[/name_f] with [name_f]Tess[/name_f]! [name_f]Adaline[/name_f]/Adalina and [name_f]Tess[/name_f] or [name_f]Rosalen[/name_f]/Rosalie/Rosaline/other variations of [name_f]Rose[/name_f] and [name_f]Tess[/name_f] could also work

1 Like

Ada and [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] get my vote !!!

I love [name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] as a combo. I also have a crush on sweet [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] ! I really like [name_f]Rosa[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] too!!

1 Like

Rosa, [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] and [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] are absolutely perfect for [name_f]Tess[/name_f]’s little sister!

You can make many gorgeous combos with those names!
[name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
[name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]
[name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_f]Rosa[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosa[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosa[/name_f] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]
[name_f]Maeve[/name_f] [name_f]Rosa[/name_f]
[name_f]Maeve[/name_f] [name_f]Rosa[/name_f]
[name_f]Maeve[/name_f] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Rosa[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]

1 Like

Of your list, I like [name_f]Ada[/name_f], [name_f]Rosa[/name_f], [name_f]Eliza[/name_f], and [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]! I’d probably first eliminate [name_f]Rosa[/name_f]… I think I like [name_f]Ada[/name_f] best with [name_f]Tess[/name_f]!
You might also like [name_f]Anna[/name_f], [name_f]Annelie[/name_f], or [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]!

1 Like

[name_f]Ada[/name_f] and [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] seem to fit best to me! Other suggestions:

[name_f]Olive[/name_f]
[name_f]Della[/name_f]
[name_f]Faye[/name_f]
[name_f]Opal[/name_f]
[name_u]Honor[/name_u]
[name_f]Posy[/name_f]
[name_u]Piper[/name_u]
[name_u]June[/name_u]
[name_f]Joy[/name_f]
[name_f]Noelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Margot[/name_f]

1 Like

Ada and [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] nn [name_f]Nellie[/name_f] seem the best fit for [name_f]Tess[/name_f], especially [name_f]Nellie[/name_f].

1 Like

I really like [name_f]Tess[/name_f] and [name_f]Ada[/name_f]! [name_f]Tess[/name_f] and [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] also make for a sweet sibset.

Apologies for repeats, but you might like these:
[name_f]Tess[/name_f] and [name_f]Cora[/name_f]
[name_f]Tess[/name_f] and [name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Tess[/name_f] and [name_f]Flora[/name_f]
[name_f]Tess[/name_f] and [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] ([name_f]Addie[/name_f])
[name_f]Tess[/name_f] and [name_f]Ida[/name_f]
[name_f]Tess[/name_f] and [name_f]Olive[/name_f]
[name_f]Tess[/name_f] and [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
[name_f]Tess[/name_f] and [name_f]Annie[/name_f]
[name_f]Tess[/name_f] and [name_u]Lark[/name_u]
[name_f]Tess[/name_f] and [name_u]June[/name_u]
[name_f]Tess[/name_f] and [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]
[name_f]Tess[/name_f] and [name_f]Hazel[/name_f]
[name_f]Tess[/name_f] and [name_f]Poppy[/name_f]
[name_f]Tess[/name_f] and [name_u]Briar[/name_u]
[name_f]Tess[/name_f] and [name_f]Mabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Tess[/name_f] and [name_f]Cleo[/name_f] / [name_f]Clio[/name_f]
[name_f]Tess[/name_f] and [name_f]Verity[/name_f]

1 Like

From your list [name_f]Eliza[/name_f], I suggest [name_u]Connie[/name_u].

1 Like