Sister for Vivienne, middle name has to be Rae

My daughter is [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u]. [name_u]Rae[/name_u] is the middle name of my husbands deceased mother and he wants all of our potential daughters to have this middle name. I really don’t love this idea, but he isn’t willing to budge on it. I’m okay with that since I think this gives me more sway on the first name!

I need help coming up with a girl’s first name that goes beautifully with [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] ([name_f]Vivie[/name_f]) and sounds good with the middle name [name_u]Rae[/name_u].

Here are names that I am tossing around at the mo:

[name_f]Octavia[/name_f]
[name_f]Fiona[/name_f]
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f]
[name_f]Cosima[/name_f]
[name_f]Ninette[/name_f]
[name_f]Celeste[/name_f]
[name_f]Ada[/name_f]
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f]
[name_f]Corinne[/name_f]
[name_f]Lina[/name_f] (what is a full name for this “nick name”?)
[name_f]Flora[/name_f]
[name_f]Cecily[/name_f]
[name_f]Liana[/name_f]
[name_f]Florence[/name_f]
[name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Cosima[/name_f]
[name_f]Elodie[/name_f]
[name_f]Lisette[/name_f]
[name_f]Natalia[/name_f]
[name_f]Persephone[/name_f] (Sephy)
[name_f]Annabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Thea[/name_f]
[name_f]Theadora[/name_f]
[name_f]Alethea[/name_f] nn [name_f]Thea[/name_f] (prn uh-[name_u]LEE[/name_u]-thee-uh)
[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f]
[name_f]Mila[/name_f] ([name_f]Milena[/name_f])
[name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Evelina[/name_f]
[name_f]Gisele[/name_f]
[name_f]Coraline[/name_f]
[name_f]Margot[/name_f]
[name_f]Elodie[/name_f]
[name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f]
[name_f]Tabitha[/name_f]

I would love thoughts on these and welcome any suggestions!!!

Thanks!!!

[name_m]Just[/name_m] a thought: instead of [name_u]Rae[/name_u], would your husband consider [name_f]Renae[/name_f]? A more modern spelling of [name_u]Ren[/name_u]ée, similar to [name_u]Rae[/name_u] but still its own name, and it means “reborn”. :slight_smile:

And as much as I love [name_f]Thea[/name_f] names, I would avoid pairing them with [name_u]Rae[/name_u]… [name_f]Thea[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u] sounds a lot like theory, don’t you think? :wink:

Names that you can use to get to [name_f]Lina[/name_f]:
[name_f]Caroline[/name_f]/a
[name_f]Coraline[/name_f] (on your list!)
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]
[name_f]Emmeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] (on your list!)
[name_f]Jaqueline[/name_f]
[name_u]Lindsay[/name_u]
[name_f]Linnea[/name_f]
[name_f]Milena[/name_f] (from list!)

Of your names, I like:
[name_f]Elodie[/name_f]
[name_f]Milena[/name_f]
[name_f]Celeste[/name_f]

My first thought was [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u], and it happens to be on your list. :slight_smile:

I think [name_f]Lisette[/name_f] goes the best with [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]. [name_m]Both[/name_m] are stunning and fresh.
My other favorites are:

• [name_f]Celeste[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u]
  • [name_f]Cecily[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u]
  • [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u]
  • [name_f]Liana[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u]
  • [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u]
  • [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u]
  • [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u]
    Good luck!

[name_f]Octavia[/name_f]
[name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Fiona[/name_f]
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f] - of these, I think [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] is the best, though [name_f]Octavia[/name_f] is more stately

[name_f]Celeste[/name_f]
[name_f]Cecily[/name_f]
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f] - of these 3 I think [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] is the cutest, with [name_u]Rae[/name_u] and with [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]

[name_f]Corinne[/name_f]/[name_f]Corinna[/name_f]
[name_f]Carolina[/name_f] - I like all three of these, but I think [name_f]Carolina[/name_f] goes best with [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]

[name_f]Ada[/name_f] - I don’t like it on it’s own, what about [name_f]Adaline[/name_f]/[name_f]Adeline[/name_f]/[name_f]Adela[/name_f]
[name_f]Annabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Alethea[/name_f] - nice, I like [name_f]Anthea[/name_f] better.

[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f]
[name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] - I can’t decide between [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] and [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] with [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f], they’re both nice. But I personally prefer [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f]

[name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] - pretty, what about [name_f]Talitha[/name_f]

These names pair well with [name_u]Rae[/name_u] in the middle spot and would make a great sibling name for [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]'s sister. My faves are bolded.

[name_f]Fiona[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u]
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u]
[name_f]Celeste[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u]
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u]
[name_f]Cecily[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u]
[name_f]Annabel[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u]
[name_f]Theodora[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u]
[name_f]Alethea[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u]
[name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u]
[name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u]

I am going to go off of the nn [name_f]Lina[/name_f], as I think those names go best with both [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] and [name_u]Rae[/name_u] =)

[name_f]Caroline[/name_f]/[name_f]Carolina[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u]
[name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u]
[name_f]Adeline[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u]
[name_m]Aureline[/name_m] [name_u]Rae[/name_u]
[name_f]Magdeline[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u]
[name_f]Rosaline[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u]
[name_f]Adalina[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u]
[name_f]Amelina[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u]
[name_f]Evelina[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u]
[name_f]Madeline[/name_f]/[name_f]Madelina[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u]

I also really love [name_f]Margot[/name_f] and [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] from your list :slight_smile:

Hmm…
My first thought was [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u]!

The names I really like from this list and work with [name_u]Rae[/name_u] and [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] are…
[name_f]Cosima[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u] ‘[name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u] & [name_f]Cosima[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u]’
[name_f]Florence[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u] ‘[name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u] & [name_f]Florence[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u]’
[name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u] ‘[name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u] & [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u]’
[name_f]Fiona[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u] ‘[name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u] & [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u]’
[name_f]Lisette[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u] ‘[name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u] & [name_f]Lisette[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u]’ not usually a major fan of [name_f]Lisette[/name_f] but works so nicely with [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] a great [name_m]French[/name_m] flair.
[name_f]Persephone[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u] ‘[name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u] & [name_f]Persephone[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u]’
[name_f]Annabel[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u] ‘[name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u] & [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u]’
[name_f]Theodora[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u] ‘[name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u] & [name_f]Theodora[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u]’
[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u] ‘[name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u] & [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u]’
[name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u] ‘[name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u] & [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u]’
[name_f]Evelina[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u] ‘[name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u] & [name_f]Evelina[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u]’
[name_f]Coraline[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u] ‘[name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u] & [name_f]Coraline[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u]’

My choices are

#1 [name_f]Coraline[/name_f]
#2 [name_f]Elodie[/name_f]
#3 [name_f]Annabel[/name_f]
#4 [name_f]Fiona[/name_f]

Millies mom- I’ve tried all variations of [name_u]Rae[/name_u]. He is so stuck on “[name_u]Rae[/name_u]”! I sort of agree with you on [name_f]Thea[/name_f], but still really like the name! DH doesn’t though.

Ahh you have all given me a lot to think about. I’m loving the input.

[name_f]Tori[/name_f]- [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] is pretty but too common for me.

I love [name_f]Evelina[/name_f] nn [name_f]Lina[/name_f]. I wonder if [name_f]Evelina[/name_f] is too similar sounding to [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] though?

[name_f]Cecily[/name_f] and [name_f]Celeste[/name_f] are two of my all time favorites so those are definitely high up on the list for me!

I would love any other comments/suggestions!

Great list! The ones that jump out at me:

[name_f]Cecily[/name_f]
[name_f]Fiona[/name_f]
[name_f]Tabitha[/name_f]
[name_f]Margot[/name_f]

What was his mother, [name_u]Rae[/name_u]'s, middle name? Maybe he would be okay using that. Then your girls wouldn’t have to share a middle name and you would be using the full name of your husband’s mother. I think that would be great!
With [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f], I like [name_f]Celeste[/name_f], [name_f]Flora[/name_f], and [name_f]Gisele[/name_f] best.

Niteowl - her middle name was [name_u]Rae[/name_u]. Her first name was [name_f]Marsha[/name_f]. He is just really stuck on all the girls’ middle names being [name_u]Rae[/name_u], though. I don’t know why! He wants it to be a tradition. I don’t like it. :frowning: The only family names that have any meaning on my side of the family and are remotely usable are [name_u]Kay[/name_u] and [name_f]Rebecca[/name_f]. I’m sure I could get him to agree to one of those if I really wanted. After all, we’ve already used [name_u]Rae[/name_u]!

The only reason I am considering going along with using [name_u]Rae[/name_u] again is because I was thinking I could use that as a bargaining tool to get one of my favorite names like [name_f]Cecily[/name_f], which I really love and he isn’t that fond of. Like, “I’ll only go for [name_u]Rae[/name_u] in the middle if you let me have [name_f]Cecily[/name_f] as the first name.” A bit of a manipulation tactic.

BUT…while I’m on the topic of [name_f]Cecily[/name_f]. I think I like [name_f]Cecily[/name_f] [name_u]Kay[/name_u] better than [name_f]Cecily[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u] and [name_u]Kay[/name_u] is MY mom’s middle name. So that would be special since each girl would have the middle of one of our mothers.

Thoughts on [name_u]Kay[/name_u] or [name_f]Rebecca[/name_f] as a middle instead of [name_u]Rae[/name_u]?? If so, with which first names?

My favourites:

1. [name_f]Celeste[/name_f]
  2. [name_f]Lisette[/name_f]
  3. [name_f]Daphne[/name_f]
  4. [name_f]Felicity[/name_f]
  5. [name_f]Cosima[/name_f]

The top 5 that I think work with [name_u]Rae[/name_u] and pair with [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] (vivie)

[name_f]Felicity[/name_f]
[name_f]Cecily[/name_f]
[name_f]Lisette[/name_f]
[name_f]Theadora[/name_f]

I’m considering [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] [name_u]Ray[/name_u] and [name_f]Annika[/name_f] [name_u]Ray[/name_u] as mn if this is a girl. My daughters mn is alba rose, and I kind of like (but its not an absolute) that while my children may not always share a surname but will share middle initials which maybe why your hubby is so devoted to the shared mn idea?
And I actually like [name_f]Cecily[/name_f] [name_u]Ray[/name_u] a wee bit better than [name_f]Cecily[/name_f] [name_u]Kay[/name_u]…

Good luck