Sister for Waverly?

Mornin’ all!

TTC and planning out a girl’s name, and was wondering if anyone could suggest a good sister name for our [name_u]Waverly[/name_u]. I’m partial to [name_f]Odette[/name_f], but it’s not DH’s favorite. He loves [name_f]Morwenna[/name_f], but it’s not my favorite. Names we both like ([name_u]Arden[/name_u], [name_f]Eowyn[/name_f], Brownwyn…) are out because the ending -n doesn’t sound right with our last name :confused: Would love and appreciate suggestions. Obviously, we gravitate towards less familiar English/Welsh type names. [name_f]TIA[/name_f]!

[name_f]Myfanwy[/name_f]
[name_u]Destry[/name_u]
[name_u]Seren[/name_u] (might be out due to the -n ending)
[name_f]Lettice[/name_f]
[name_f]Primrose[/name_f]
[name_f]Saoirse[/name_f]
[name_f]Reverie[/name_f]
[name_u]Easton[/name_u]
[name_f]Romilly[/name_f]
[name_f]Ceridwen[/name_f] (and again)
[name_f]Rowena[/name_f]
[name_f]Blythe[/name_f]
[name_f]Gwyneth[/name_f]
[name_f]Isolde[/name_f]
[name_f]Araminta[/name_f]

Good luck!

[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] would be lovely ([name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] [name_f]Isolde[/name_f]?).

I like [name_f]Odette[/name_f].

[name_m]How[/name_m] about…
[name_f]Greer[/name_f]
[name_u]Adair[/name_u]
[name_f]Allaire[/name_f]
[name_f]Carys[/name_f]
[name_f]Neve[/name_f]
[name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
[name_f]Xanthe[/name_f]
[name_f]Liv[/name_f]
[name_f]Mila[/name_f]

[name_f]Odette[/name_f] is so pretty and chic! [name_f]Morwenna[/name_f] has a certain beauty to it too, but also feels like it has a heaviness/darkness to it. Too bad about the -n ending; those would all sound really nice with [name_u]Waverly[/name_u].

I think [name_f]Gwyneth[/name_f] is gorgeous and sounds great with [name_u]Waverly[/name_u].

[name_m]How[/name_m] about [name_f]Kerensa[/name_f], [name_f]Eira[/name_f], [name_f]Morgana[/name_f], [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f], [name_f]Jemima[/name_f], or another nature name, like [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f], [name_f]Zinnia[/name_f], [name_f]Briar[/name_f]…?

[name_u]Waverly[/name_u] &:

[name_u]Juniper[/name_u]
[name_f]Melody[/name_f]
[name_f]Veronica[/name_f]
[name_f]Vanessa[/name_f]
[name_f]Naomi[/name_f]
[name_u]Penrose[/name_u]
[name_f]Rebecca[/name_f]/[name_f]Rebekah[/name_f]
[name_f]Annabeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Fiona[/name_f]
[name_f]Isobel[/name_f]

[name_u]Waverly[/name_u] {and}

{b/g} [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u], [name_f]Blythe[/name_f], [name_m]Callahan[/name_m], [name_u]Carlisle[/name_u], [name_u]Chauncey[/name_u], [name_m]Donovan[/name_m], [name_m]Finnegan[/name_m], [name_m]Gallagher[/name_m], [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m], [name_u]Quincy[/name_u], [name_m]Rafferty[/name_m], [name_u]Sinclair[/name_u], [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u], [name_m]Vaughn[/name_m]

{British Isles surname names}

[name_u]Waverly[/name_u] makes me think of [name_m]New[/name_m] [name_m]York[/name_m] City and the [name_u]Waverly[/name_u] diner. If I were you I would chose a street name from the neighbourhood of the [name_u]Waverly[/name_u] diner. Here are my 5 ideas

1. [name_f]Minetta[/name_f]
  2. [name_f]Jane[/name_f]
  3. [name_f]Cornelia[/name_f]
  4. [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] for [name_m]Charles[/name_m] [name_m]Street[/name_m].
    5 Barrow

Any of those names would be a great name for [name_u]Waverly[/name_u]'s sister.

I know that [name_u]Meredith[/name_u] may be more familiar than you were wanting, but it was #654 on the popularity charts, so pretty uncommon. [name_u]Meredith[/name_u] is Welsh and I can’t get over how pretty [name_u]Waverly[/name_u] and [name_u]Meredith[/name_u] sound together. Good luck!

[name_f]Ottilie[/name_f]
[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Marina[/name_f]
[name_f]Marielle[/name_f]

[name_f]Celestine[/name_f]
[name_f]Isolde[/name_f]
Elysande
[name_f]Gaia[/name_f]

[name_f]Persephone[/name_f]
[name_f]Jonquil[/name_f]
[name_f]Marigold[/name_f]
[name_f]Callista[/name_f]

[name_f]Eloise[/name_f]/[name_u]Eliot[/name_u]
[name_f]Gwen[/name_f]
[name_u]Quinn[/name_u]
[name_f]Isla[/name_f]
[name_f]Zoe[/name_f]
[name_f]Talia[/name_f]
[name_f]Maisy[/name_f]
[name_f]Margot[/name_f]
[name_f]Emmeline[/name_f]

[name_f]Odette[/name_f] sounds rather plain next to [name_u]Waverly[/name_u].

[name_m]How[/name_m] about [name_u]Waverly[/name_u] and:

[name_f]Antonia[/name_f], [name_f]Araminta[/name_f], [name_f]Arietta[/name_f], [name_f]Cambria[/name_f], [name_f]Carmella[/name_f], [name_f]Chloe[/name_f], [name_f]Cicely[/name_f], [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f], [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f], [name_f]Marcella[/name_f], [name_f]Marina[/name_f], [name_f]Miranda[/name_f], [name_f]Rowena[/name_f], [name_f]Sylvania[/name_f], [name_f]Valerie[/name_f]?

[name_f]Susan[/name_f]

Those are all very pretty!
If you are looking for a Welsh name, here are some you might fancy. A few are not Welsh, but sound like they could be/go nicely with [name_u]Waverly[/name_u].

[name_f]Isolde[/name_f]
[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f]
[name_f]Adara[/name_f] (or [name_u]Adair[/name_u])
Aneira, Inira
[name_f]Eira[/name_f]
[name_f]Nerys[/name_f]
[name_f]Carys[/name_f]
[name_f]Kerenza[/name_f]
[name_f]Demelza[/name_f]
[name_f]Davina[/name_f]
Olwenna (or Olenna)
Clarisant
[name_f]Clarisse[/name_f] (or [name_f]Clarice[/name_f])
[name_f]Tristana[/name_f]
[name_f]Evanna[/name_f] (eve-anna)
[name_f]Mazarine[/name_f]
[name_f]Avalon[/name_f]
Orissa
[name_f]Vala[/name_f]
[name_u]Ellis[/name_u]
[name_f]Glynis[/name_f]

My name is [name_f]Glenys[/name_f] :slight_smile:

I like [name_f]Morgana[/name_f]. It’s similar to [name_f]Morwenna[/name_f] but not as dark-sounding, and I think it sounds better with [name_u]Waverly[/name_u] due to the lack of repetitive W sound.

[name_f]Ottilie[/name_f]
[name_f]Tanith[/name_f]
[name_u]Ainsley[/name_u]
[name_f]Brenna[/name_f]
[name_u]Finlay[/name_u]
[name_f]Maisie[/name_f]
[name_f]Amabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Ailsa[/name_f]
[name_f]Fianna[/name_f]
[name_f]Faune[/name_f]
[name_u]Averell[/name_u]
[name_f]Sidonie[/name_f]
[name_f]Celeste[/name_f]
[name_f]Esme[/name_f]
[name_f]Moira[/name_f]
[name_u]Seneca[/name_u]
[name_f]Gwyneira[/name_f]
[name_f]Galathea[/name_f]
[name_f]Magdalena[/name_f]
Ursalina
[name_f]Gwenna[/name_f]
[name_f]Fiammetta[/name_f]

This is exactly why I love nameberry so much! These suggestions are amazing! Thank you all so so much! SO many of the suggestions are ones I’ve suggested to my DH but nothing has seemed as right to him as when he first heard Wave’s name. WE love [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f](me mostly) and he really liked [name_f]Rowena[/name_f], followed by [name_f]Gwenna[/name_f] then [name_u]Ainsley[/name_u]. I will definitely be going through these suggestions again. Thank you so much!!!