Sister for West?

Yep. Me again. If you were selecting a girl name to go with [name]West[/name] (boy), what would you choose? Anything - tell me!

I am STUCK. We have “decided” twice:

1. [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Sophronia[/name] nn [name]Pepper[/name]
  2. [name]Elizabeth[/name] Wilde [name]Sophronia[/name] nn [name]Birdie[/name]

The problem is that I drifted away from [name]Penelope[/name], and DH isn’t digging Wilde or [name]Birdie[/name]. I still [name]LOVE[/name] the flow of #2 but I’m afraid I have to come up with another option if huz is not on board.

Below are my favorite names I keep going back to to get a feel for my taste, although style-wise they are all over the place. I am open to ANY suggestions because as far as I’m concerned we are still at square one! [name]Elizabeth[/name] is firmly set (4th generation), and [name]Sophronia[/name] is a family name we would love to use. Not married to it though!

Mazarine nn [name]Maisie[/name] (I know I know, margarine association but I love it)
[name]Petra[/name] (DH loves this, but given that we have no Greek heritage he feels it is odd to use it…I don’t really see this as a problem)
[name]Ellerey[/name] (DH vetoed)
[name]Clementine[/name] (DH vetoed)
[name]Hollis[/name] (DH vetoed)
[name]Georgia[/name], [name]Vivienne[/name], [name]Millicent[/name] (but all close friends or family members so can’t use)
[name]Cosima[/name] (DH vetoed)

Some days I favor more masculine names, on other days I lean towards super feminine, and all the days in between I like off the beaten path names. I am really starting to annoy myself with this indecision nonsense.

Heeeellllllpppp! [name]Even[/name] if it’s only one name suggestion, throw it out there! xxxxx[name]Sheridan[/name]

[name]Marbella[/name] ([name]Mar[/name]-bay-ah)
[name]Bianca[/name]
[name]Odessa[/name]
Nemera

So [name]Elizabeth[/name] is definitely out or you are still looking for that? I think it’s a great option to keep, especially w/ the family connections. Maybe you just need a different nn? [name]Birdie[/name] could be a pet name you use, but maybe her “formal” nn is [name]Eliza[/name], [name]Beth[/name], [name]Liz[/name], [name]Lizbeth[/name],[name]Ettie[/name], [name]Ellie[/name], etc.

Instead of [name]Hollis[/name] - how about [name]Holly[/name]/[name]Hollie[/name] or [name]Holland[/name]. or to keep the “ol” sound – [name]Olympia[/name]

Instead of [name]Ellery[/name]- how about [name]Elise[/name]
Instead of [name]Clementine[/name] - would he go for [name]Clemence[/name]? [name]Clarissa[/name], [name]Claribel[/name], [name]Claudia[/name]?

[name]How[/name] about [name]Camilla[/name]. It’s somewhat (loosely) related to [name]Millicent[/name] as they can both have the nn [name]Millie[/name]

1. [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Sophronia[/name] nn [name]Pepper[/name]
  2. [name]Elizabeth[/name] Wilde [name]Sophronia[/name] nn [name]Birdie[/name]

You could do [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Bridget[/name] [name]Sophronia[/name] which would get you the nickname [name]Bridie[/name] which is close to [name]Birdie[/name] without the aviary connection.

[name]West[/name] and [name]Clara[/name]
[name]West[/name] and [name]Willow[/name]
[name]West[/name] and [name]Georgine[/name]