Sister Name for Selene

See the results of this poll: Which Name Works with Sibling Name Selene

Respondents: 3 (This poll is closed)

• Auria Eveline : 1 (33%)
  • Viviane Aurelia : 1 (33%)
  • Evelyn Aurora: 1 (33%)

What about [name_f]Flora[/name_f], [name_f]Goddess[/name_f] of [name_f]Spring[/name_f] & Flowers, wife of [name_u]Zephyr[/name_u], the west wind!? I love that name. :slight_smile:

Or…

[name_u]Halcyon[/name_u], the mystic bird who could charm wind & wave
[name_f]Demi[/name_f], (from [name_u]Demeter[/name_u], “[name_f]Goddess[/name_f] of the [name_f]Earth[/name_f]”)
[name_f]Esme[/name_f], “esteemed, beloved”
[name_f]Aurelia[/name_f], “golden, gilded”
Kleio, “glory”
[name_f]Maybelle[/name_f], “lovable”
[name_u]Mio[/name_u], “beautiful cherry blossom”
[name_f]Primrose[/name_f], “the first rose of spring”

[name_m]How[/name_m] about :

[name_f]Gaia[/name_f] (Greek goddess of the [name_f]Earth[/name_f])
[name_f]Maia[/name_f] or [name_f]Electra[/name_f] (the most useable names of the Greek Pleaides)
[name_f]Clio[/name_f] or [name_f]Thalia[/name_f] (the most useable names of the Greek muses, of history and idyllic poetry)
[name_f]Juno[/name_f] (queen of the [name_m]Roman[/name_m] gods, wife of [name_m]Jupiter[/name_m]) or [name_f]Hera[/name_f] (Greek equivalent)
[name_f]Athena[/name_f] (Greek goddess of just about everything!)
[name_f]Theodora[/name_f]/[name_f]Dorothea[/name_f] (gift of God)
[name_f]Niamh[/name_f] (goddess)
[name_f]Ariadne[/name_f]/[name_f]Ariane[/name_f] (goddess of fertility)
[name_f]Diana[/name_f] or [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] or [name_f]Luna[/name_f] or [name_u]Artemis[/name_u] (also goddesses of the moon)
[name_f]Persephone[/name_f] (goddess of spring)
[name_f]Hestia[/name_f] (Greek goddess of the home)

I love [name_f]Freya[/name_f] with [name_f]Selene[/name_f]!

Maybe [name_f]Daphne[/name_f], [name_f]Gaia[/name_f], [name_f]Cleo[/name_f] or [name_f]Minerva[/name_f]?

We keep considering [name_f]Freya[/name_f], but it seems so artsy and alternative where [name_f]Selene[/name_f] is a little more elegent? [name_m]Ah[/name_m]!

I’m thinking [name_f]Auria[/name_f], because by adding the u to [name_f]Aria[/name_f] it becomes a derivitive of [name_f]Aura[/name_f], which was the goddess of the breeze, and also of [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f], which is one of my favorite names but is longer and girlier than [name_f]Selene[/name_f]!

I like [name_f]Selene[/name_f] and Athens as a pair. There’s a brevity to Athens its feminine easy to spell and pairs well. You can always add a more flowery middle name.

Further suggestions
Athens [name_f]Calliope[/name_f]
Athens [name_f]Meliora[/name_f]
Athens [name_f]Leda[/name_f]

In Inuit mythology, [name_f]Malina[/name_f] is the goddess of the sun but it’s also very close to [name_f]Selene[/name_f] in terms of pronunciation. There’s also the beautiful [name_f]Saga[/name_f], the Norse goddess of poetry. I personally think [name_f]Selene[/name_f] and [name_f]Saga[/name_f] sound riveting together :smiley:

[name_f]Freya[/name_f] is lovely (I also have a soft spot for Valfreyja (or Valfreya) but maybe that’s a bit more out there than [name_f]Freya[/name_f]) but I think [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] is even lovelier. [name_f]Selene[/name_f] and [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] complement each other so well! Out of the names you’ve mentioned, that’s definitely the one that goes the best with [name_f]Selene[/name_f].

Other suggestions:
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f]
[name_f]Gaia[/name_f]
[name_u]Hero[/name_u] (or [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] [name_u]Hero[/name_u] swoons)
[name_f]Iphigenia[/name_f]
[name_f]Thalia[/name_f]

I love [name_f]Athena[/name_f], at least, but it’s a little too otherworldly still! It’s widely recognized as a goddess name which kills the mystery for me a bit :frowning:

Hubby likes [name_f]Viviane[/name_f], which I liked too till my parents said it feels like an outdated name. I wish I hadn’t mentioned anything to them because I live in Australia and they are back in the US and can hardly see theie grandchildren, so I’m taking their opinion on board more than I probably should because I feel bad!

This little one will be a Pisces which is a water sign, and [name_f]Viviane[/name_f] is the name of the Lady of the [name_u]Lake[/name_u], who was also a water goddess in her own right…

Here are the combinations I like so far

[name_f]Viviane[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]
[name_f]Viviane[/name_f] [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f]
[name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] [name_f]Aurora[/name_f]
[name_f]Auria[/name_f] [name_f]Celestina[/name_f]
[name_f]Auria[/name_f] [name_f]Eveline[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] [name_f]Aurora[/name_f]

Would [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] ( [name_m]Ah[/name_m]-REEL-ee-ya) be too long as girly compared to [name_f]Selene[/name_f], my first daughters name?

Edrea: prosperous and powerful
Asena: mother of wolves

I always understood [name_f]Aria[/name_f] to mean lioness? [name_f]Aria[/name_f] is also a type of music (sonata, concerto, sonatina, aria, ect) so me it has a musical and strong background.

I do like [name_f]Auria[/name_f] the best off your list of suggestions, it seems to check lots of boxes for you.