Sister names for Emmett and Elizabeth

See the results of this poll: Which girls name??

Respondents: 61 (This poll is closed)

• Madeline : 27 (37%)
  • Margaret : 8 (11%)
  • Margaret- nn Maisie : 24 (33%)
  • Margaret- Greta: 14 (19%)

Would you consider [name_f]Greta[/name_f] as a standalone? I think it’s a stunning name. Unfortunately for me, hubby doesn’t agree!

I love [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] nn [name_f]Greta[/name_f]. I don’t like [name_f]Maisie[/name_f] and if that is the chosen nn, I’d go with [name_f]Madeline[/name_f]! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the ideas!!

I do like [name_f]Greta[/name_f] but husband likes a more formal name ”

Thanks for the ideas!!

I do like [name_f]Greta[/name_f] but husband likes a more formal name :wink:

I like [name_f]Margaret[/name_f]. I’m wondering what, if anything, [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] is nicknamed. I’m a big fan of using formal names, especially when a name is only two syllables. I have a [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] and [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] who go by their given names and I know a little [name_f]Margaret[/name_f]. Or… would you consider [name_f]Margot[/name_f] as a nickname? I like that better than [name_f]Greta[/name_f] and think it is a more logical choice because they both begin the same.

I love [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] nn [name_f]Maisie[/name_f]!

[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] goes by her full name :blush:

[name_f]Madeline[/name_f] and [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] nn [name_f]Maisie[/name_f] are my favorites.

[name_f]Greta[/name_f] is a formal name. Of course it could be a short form for [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] too, but it stands alone perfectly.

I haven’t decided how to vote on this one. [name_f]Madeline[/name_f] is nice and goes very well with siblings. I’m not a huge fan of [name_f]Margaret[/name_f], but I love many of its nicknames, including both [name_f]Maisie[/name_f] and [name_f]Greta[/name_f] (though as I’ve said, I see [name_f]Greta[/name_f] more as a standalone name than a short form.) If it was [name_f]Greta[/name_f] on its own I would definitely vote for that!

I voted for [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] nn [name_f]Maisie[/name_f]. THis is adorable!

I’m just curious though…why you’re not going with another “E” name?

I adore [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] with the nickname [name_f]Maisie[/name_f], it’s simply adorable. The name [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] is also just not heard enough these days, in my opinion. [name_f]Madeline[/name_f] is stunning too, but just seems a tad trendier. [name_u]Emmet[/name_u], [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] and [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] all sound perfect together.
Congrats on baby #3, and I hope you pick a name you simply adore!

If [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] goes by her full name, I would call [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] by her given name and not nickname her. I think it is so refreshing to hear the classic names used and not shortened or nicknamed. The idea will grow on you.

Funny because we like the names [name_m]Eamon[/name_m] (if a boy) and [name_f]Emily[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] (girl), but felt they were too close to [name_u]Emmett[/name_u]. If we have a fourth we’d feel even more “committed” to and E name

I like the classic names too! I guess we could do [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] and see if a nn happens. We hadn’t picked a nn for [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] and thought someday she may “develop” one. We’ll see!