Sister to Alice Caroline

Hello all! We are expecting a girl. We already have [name]Alice[/name] [name]Caroline[/name], who goes by [name]Allie[/name]. We have been thinking about these names:

[name]January[/name] [name]Opal[/name]-would go by [name]January[/name]
[name]Lauren[/name] [name]Ophelia[/name]-go by [name]Lauren[/name]
[name]Vanessa[/name] [name]Amelie[/name]-go by [name]Vanessa[/name]
[name]Blakely[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name]-would go by [name]Blake[/name]
[name]Rebecca[/name] [name]Jane[/name]-would go by [name]Rebecca[/name]
[name]Phillipa[/name] [name]Blythe[/name]-we really like this one because it includes my mother’s middle name and my husband’s mother’s name, would go by [name]Pippa[/name] or [name]Blythe[/name]

which of these do you like best? We think [name]Blakely[/name] may sound too much like [name]Allie[/name] but if she goes by [name]Blake[/name] we think it will be okay…

thanks!

[name]January[/name] [name]Opal[/name] - this is really cool but very literal/wordy. And it doesn’t really sound like a sister to classic [name]Alice[/name] [name]Caroline[/name].
[name]Lauren[/name] [name]Ophelia[/name] - this is a lovely combo. [name]Lauren[/name] is more modern than [name]Alice[/name], [name]Laura[/name] would be a more natural fit, but it would work.
[name]Vanessa[/name] [name]Amelie[/name] - [name]Alice[/name] and [name]Vanessa[/name] together could grow on me. I don’t think the flow is best, although both are lovely names.
[name]Blakely[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] - besides the issue of sounding like [name]Allie[/name], this is just worlds too far from [name]Alice[/name]. Also, the initials BS are a little unfortunate.
[name]Rebecca[/name] [name]Jane[/name] - a very natural sister to [name]Alice[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]. I like this name, although it is a little tame. But I like tame.
[name]Phillipa[/name] [name]Blythe[/name] - ooh, use this! I love the meaning for you. And [name]Alice[/name] and [name]Phillipa[/name] / [name]Allie[/name] and [name]Pippa[/name] feels VERY natural.

Could you use [name]Blythe[/name] elsewhere? Especially if you’re willing to call a child it? [name]Vanessa[/name] [name]Blythe[/name], [name]Blythe[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] (if you don’t mind BS) are both great.

[name]Lucy[/name] [name]Violet[/name] is the name I see with [name]Alice[/name] [name]Caroline[/name].

Of your choices, My ranking would be:

1. [name]Phillipa[/name] [name]Blythe[/name]
  2. [name]Vanessa[/name] [name]Amelie[/name]
  3. [name]Lauren[/name] [name]Ophelia[/name]
  4. [name]Rebecca[/name] [name]Jane[/name]

and I really can’t get easily behind [name]January[/name] [name]Opal[/name] or [name]Blakely[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name]. Now, [name]Opal[/name] [name]January[/name] would be cool with [name]Alice[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]!

I noticed that you posted this in both the girls and sibling names forums, so I wasn’t quite sure which one to comment on. I’ll just comment on this one.

First of all, I love [name]Alice[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]! My favorite is Phillippa (although I prefer the [name]Philippa[/name] spelling) [name]Blythe[/name] nn [name]Pippa[/name] or [name]Blythe[/name]. I think [name]Allie[/name] and [name]Pippa[/name] would be adorable as sisters! Plus, the family significance makes the name even better.

My second favorite is [name]Rebecca[/name] [name]Jane[/name], which I think actually might go better with [name]Alice[/name] [name]Caroline[/name], as both [name]Rebecca[/name] and [name]Jane[/name] are very classic, beautiful names, just like with [name]Alice[/name] and [name]Caroline[/name].

I feel [name]Blakely[/name],[name]Vanessa[/name],or [name]January[/name] would (kind of) clash with [name]Alice[/name] because [name]Alice[/name] is an established, classic name, and [name]Blakely[/name],[name]Vanessa[/name], and [name]January[/name] feel very trendy to me. [name]Lauren[/name] could work as well but I’ve just never been a fan of [name]Lauren[/name].

Good luck! :]

I don’t think [name]January[/name], [name]Blakely[/name] or [name]Vanessa[/name] (too ‘s’ heavy) are good matches with [name]Alice[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] (which is adorable btw).

[name]Allie[/name] and [name]Pip[/name] is my favourite set - with [name]Lauren[/name] [name]Ophelia[/name] probably being my favourite stand alone name. Have you considered [name]Laurel[/name]?

Ultra-modern [name]January[/name] and [name]Blakely[/name] sound a bit odd with sweet classic [name]Alice[/name], so I’d probably eliminate them from the short list, but [name]Opal[/name] and [name]Scarlett[/name] both work with [name]Alice[/name], if you like them as first names? [name]Lauren[/name] is okay, but like others have mentioned, [name]Laura[/name] or [name]Laurel[/name] would be a slightly better fit with [name]Alice[/name]. [name]Vanessa[/name] [name]Amelie[/name], [name]Rebecca[/name] [name]Jane[/name], and [name]Philippa[/name] [name]Blythe[/name] are my favourites from your list, and with the family connections, [name]Philippa[/name] [name]Blythe[/name] is the hands-down winner :slight_smile:

With [name]Alice[/name], I like [name]Rebecca[/name] [name]Jane[/name] the best. [name]Alice[/name] and [name]Rebecca[/name] are both timeless, gorgeous, girly-but-not-frilly, down-to-earth, sweet names, I think they go very well together. I think [name]Ophelia[/name], [name]Scarlett[/name], or [name]Jane[/name] would also go great with [name]Alice[/name], if you are open to them as FNs. [name]Philippa[/name] [name]Blythe[/name], nn [name]Pippa[/name], or even [name]Blythe[/name] [name]Philippa[/name], would be gorgeous, as well–I’m just partial to [name]Rebecca[/name]. :slight_smile:

Good luck!

My vote is definitely for [name]Philippa[/name] [name]Blythe[/name]! I love that there is a family connection and I adore the thought of sisters names [name]Allie[/name] and [name]Pippa[/name].

[name]Phillipa[/name] [name]Blythe[/name], although I prefer the spelling [name]Philippa[/name] to [name]Phillipa[/name].