Sister to Linnea

[name]Hi[/name],
I’d love to hear thoughts on a nice name-pairing for our second. Since [name]Linnea[/name] is one of the floral names, we’re really considering choosing another for our second. Another option is using a family name.
Our shortlist of first names right now is:
[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Rose[/name]
[name]Lily[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Hadley[/name]
[name]Marley[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]

[name]Francie[/name] (or [name]Frances[/name]) and [name]Liv[/name] are family names we are also considering.
Thanks everyone!

I love the idea of a flower name for [name]Linnea[/name]'s sister. My advice would be to stay away from [name]Liv[/name] and [name]Lily[/name], they’re way to close to [name]Linnea[/name]. Personal favorites is hands down [name]Ivy[/name], followed by [name]Iris[/name] and [name]Francie[/name]. I love [name]Francie[/name] as an alternative to the usual nickname of [name]Fran[/name]. [name]Even[/name] though it is not a flower name, it, along with all the other names on your list, is very feminine and delicate. [name]Just[/name] a side note, with these names I tend to want to put the baby’s name before [name]Linnea[/name]'s when saying them together. To me [name]Iris[/name] and [name]Linnea[/name] sounds better than [name]Linnea[/name] and [name]Iris[/name]. [name]Don[/name]'t know if it matters but just thought I’d say it. Beautiful choices! Best
[name]Indigo[/name]

I love [name]Linnea[/name]!

[name]Ivy[/name]: I love [name]Ivy[/name], and I think [name]Ivy[/name] and [name]Linnea[/name] go great together.

[name]Rose[/name]: Same as [name]Ivy[/name]-- [name]Rose[/name] is gorgeous!

[name]Lily[/name]: [name]Lily[/name] is a lovely name, but it’s very popular, and too matchy with [name]Linnea[/name].

[name]Clementine[/name]: It’s too over the top as a name for me, personally, but I really like it with [name]Linnea[/name]!

[name]Hadley[/name]: This is a trendy surname, and doesn’t fit with [name]Linnea[/name] at all…

[name]Marley[/name]: See [name]Hadley[/name]…

[name]Iris[/name]: I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Iris[/name], and it’s perfect with [name]Linnea[/name]!

[name]Frances[/name]: I adore [name]Frances[/name]! [name]Linnea[/name] and [name]Frances[/name] make a lovely sibset!

[name]Liv[/name]: I think it’s a little too matchy with [name]Linnea[/name], and the styles don’t seem to fit very well.

My favorites with [name]Linnea[/name] are [name]Ivy[/name], [name]Iris[/name], and [name]Frances[/name], but most of the names on your list are gorgeous. I would definitely not go with [name]Hadley[/name] or [name]Marley[/name], because they are not classic, feminine names like [name]Linnea[/name] and the rest of your list.

I like [name]Clementine[/name] with [name]Linnea[/name].

That’s hilarious about the name order and flow! Can’t say I noticed that before. Maybe we can think of a corrective if we go for a third down the road. By the way, you chose our favorites. Thanks for the input!

I love that idea, especially as [name]Linnea[/name] is a subtle flower name, so I don’t think that it would be matchy. [name]Liv[/name] is great, but similar to [name]Linnea[/name], so I think it would be great in the middle. [name]Frances[/name] is also nice (it is my daughter’s middle name), but feels a little less exotic than [name]Linnea[/name].

[name]Ivy[/name] - beautiful and spunky, but set to rise I think due to the popularity of [name]Ava[/name] and [name]Evie[/name] et cetera.
[name]Rose[/name] - perfection, although I am biased - my daughter’s name is [name]Rosie[/name] ([name]Ambrosia[/name]). I can only fault it in that it is less unexpected than [name]Linnea[/name].
[name]Lily[/name] - very pretty, but it is getting so popular, and is quite similar to [name]Linnea[/name], so personally I would avoid it.
[name]Clementine[/name] - a stunning, unusual, vintage choice, which matches [name]Linnea[/name] in style perfectly.
[name]Hadley[/name] - much trendier than [name]Linnea[/name].
[name]Marley[/name] - ditto [name]Hadley[/name], plus I think that many people would think of the dog, at least for the next few years.
[name]Iris[/name] - pretty, and a good option, although not as stunning as some of your other choices, in my opinion.

My vote is definitely for [name]Clementine[/name] [name]Liv[/name] - I love how they balance each other out in length. In second place is [name]Rose[/name] [name]Frances[/name], or a longer version of [name]Rose[/name] with [name]Liv[/name] in the middle.

Are you open to other suggestions? Although they share the same ending as [name]Linnea[/name], which may put you off, [name]Dahlia[/name] and [name]Camellia[/name] spring to mind. Also Celandine, another flower, reminds me of [name]Clementine[/name].

Good luck!

Thanks so much! And it is great to get some other ideas…I didn’t know Celandine was a flower name, so pretty!

Some other nature names you might not have considered…

[name]Daphne[/name] - “[name]Laurel[/name]”
[name]Chloe[/name] - “green shoot”

My favorite from your list is [name]Iris[/name], followed closely by [name]Ivy[/name]. [name]Both[/name] are beautiful and go well with the lovely [name]Linnea[/name]. I would avoid another L name. [name]Do[/name] you like [name]Magnolia[/name]?

[name]Hi[/name]! I love the name [name]Linnea[/name] so much! :slight_smile:

[name]Ivy[/name]: I love [name]Ivy[/name], and think it’s wonderful with [name]Linnea[/name]!

[name]Rose[/name]: I love [name]Rose[/name] as a first name, and love it with [name]Linnea[/name], too…

[name]Lily[/name]: I think it’s beautiful, but I like some of the others more with [name]Linnea[/name].

[name]Clementine[/name]: I love it! So pretty!

[name]Hadley[/name]: I like some of the others more…

[name]Marley[/name]: Ditto…

[name]Iris[/name]: I love it!

My favorites with [name]Linnea[/name]: [name]Ivy[/name] (my favorite with [name]Linnea[/name]), [name]Iris[/name], [name]Rose[/name], and [name]Clementine[/name].

You may also like:

[name]Calla[/name]
[name]Delphine[/name]
[name]Jessamine[/name]
[name]Rosaline[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

My choice would be [name]Clementine[/name] [name]Frances[/name] or [name]Clementine[/name] [name]Francie[/name] :slight_smile:

I think you are absolutely right about [name]Hadley[/name] and [name]Marley[/name] not fitting as well as the others. You actually picked our current favorites, thanks for the input!!

I read that [name]Clementine[/name] is predicted to be one of the super names of 2015 if that is of any interest.

I actually really like [name]Marley[/name] but see it more as a boy’s name. Have you considered the spelling [name]Mali[/name], like the country? I love it as a girls name and seems so much more elegant that the other spelling.