Sisters Marigold and Jane?

Do Marigold and Jane work together? I have a Marigold and my husband loves Jane nn Janie. Any thoughts?

• Yes they work!
  • No they don’t

0 voters

I think they work! [name_f]Jane[/name_f] is certainly more traditional but both feel fresh and bright.

Also, I hope it’s alright I fixed your poll as it wasn’t working (it needed to be moved to a new line). Now people can respond to the poll in addition to commenting.

1 Like

hmm personally i think i would feel a little inadequate if i was a jane with a sister called marigold.

what do u think of june instead? x

2 Likes

I do like the sound of [name_u]June[/name_u], but I don’t care for it’s meaning which is important to me!

2 Likes

[name_f]Marigold[/name_f] and [name_f]Jane[/name_f] are a charming set :slight_smile:

1 Like

They’re glorious! They sound important and distinct beside each other. Unexpected as a pair, but I’d imagine they hold a lot of individual meaning and love as names. [name_f]Janie[/name_f] as a nickname helps dear little [name_f]Jane[/name_f] sparkle an extra amount next to [name_f]Marigold[/name_f], too. :blossom:

(Your daughter has an incredible name, by the way. [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] is so magical and gorgeous! I really love it!)

2 Likes

Whilst they’re absolutely usable together I have to agree with @MargotAbeline - [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] is grand and whimsical and fun whilst [name_f]Jane[/name_f] feels, well, a little plain. I agree that [name_u]June[/name_u] would work better but you’ve said you don’t like the meaning. How about [name_u]Juniper[/name_u]? I actually think this goes so well with [name_f]Marigold[/name_f]!

2 Likes

Hm, [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] is beautiful, but [name_f]Jane[/name_f] is a little too plain in comparison. But, if you’re going for something traditional, then here are some names which I think have a traditional feel, but feel on a more even level to [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] :heartpulse:
[name_f]Dorothea[/name_f]
[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucille[/name_f]
[name_f]Angelica[/name_f]
[name_f]Aurelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Camellia[/name_f] (flower name)
[name_f]Clementine[/name_f] (plant name)
[name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]

1 Like

I think [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] and [name_f]Jane[/name_f] form a great pair! [name_f]Jane[/name_f] isn’t too plain for me

1 Like

Absolutely love [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] & [name_f]Jane[/name_f] they are a charming pair :sparkles::sparkles:

1 Like

They sound beautiful together in theory. They sound like you’d see them some old historical document or photograph. I’d 100% believe them as a sibset. However, I’d feel like a , well, Plain [name_f]Jane[/name_f] compared to [name_f]Marigold[/name_f], especially as a second born.

1 Like

I really like them together. [name_f]Jane[/name_f] helps ground [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] and makes the whole thing feel more vintage, which I like. [name_f]Janie[/name_f] is adorable.

1 Like

I agree with what @MargotAbeline said. I think that having the nickname [name_f]Janie[/name_f] does help though

2 Likes

They’re polar opposites. One classic, the other modern and eclectic.