Sisters...

We’re expecting our #3 surprise. I have a daughter named [name_f]Lilah[/name_f] and the only name my husband and I can agree on for our third is [name_f]Maya[/name_f]. There is a lot of meaning behind it and its very hard for us to compromise so I feel like we’ll never agree again. I realize it sounds very close to our oldest. However, I’m not sure I care so much about that. What do you think?

I said each name several times out-loud, I find that they are close but I do not feel so close that it wouldn’t work. If you both love the name [name_f]Maya[/name_f] and there is a lot of meaning behind the name I say use it.

I think it’s fine. :slight_smile:

It definitely has a slight similarity, but as long as your second child isn’t some thing that also has a vague rhymey quality, you should be okay.

If it very meaningful to you, go for it.

I think its fine. If it were [name_f]Lilah[/name_f] and [name_f]Mila[/name_f], or something I’d say no, but [name_f]Lilah[/name_f] and [name_f]Maya[/name_f] are different enough that they don’t make you tongue-tied when you say them. Also the -ilah and -aya are distinct enough that it shouldn’t being both kids running when you call for one of them.

Thanks for the feedback. I don’t like sing-songy names either, but I didn’t feel that from these two even though they share the same two syllable, long I sound. Anyway, I think we’re going to stick to it. They will be individuals and won’t always be linked together so I’m just not going to worry about it. Besides, they’re 12 years apart :slight_smile: I know most of you on here are naturally name people so in case you’re interested the full name is: [name_f]Maya[/name_f] [name_f]Lenore[/name_f]… middle name after my grandmother who will turn 95 in [name_u]December[/name_u].

[name_f]Maya[/name_f] [name_f]Lenore[/name_f] is a gorgeous name! Congrats on your decision, and your grandmother’s birthday. Ninety-five is amazing.

I agree that it’s fine, especially with so much distance between them, it’s not as though you’ll be spending a lot of time calling them both together.
[name_f]Maya[/name_f] [name_f]Lenore[/name_f] sounds beautiful.