Six weeks left and back to the drawing board on boys' names!

Help! My husband and I are expecting our first child in just over six weeks. We don’t know what we’re having, and we’ve been going around in circles on boys’ names.

Please let me know your honest opinions on the names below. The middle name will be either [name]Richard[/name], [name]Steven[/name], or [name]Gregory[/name] (all relatives’ names), depending on what sounds best.

[name]Austin[/name]
[name]Andrew[/name] (nn [name]Drew[/name])
[name]Brody[/name]
[name]Bryce[/name]
[name]Callen[/name] (nn [name]Cal[/name])
[name]Cameron[/name]
[name]Clayton[/name] (nn [name]Clay[/name])
[name]Liam[/name]
[name]Owen[/name]
[name]Wyatt[/name]

This is our last list… if we can’t agree on anything from this list, his name may just be “boy.” :smiley:

[name]Austin[/name] - Its okay. I can’t find anything wrong with the name, I just don’t personally like it.
[name]Andrew[/name] (nn [name]Drew[/name]) - [name]Love[/name] this! [name]Andrew[/name] is great, and [name]Drew[/name] is fabulous!
[name]Brody[/name] - I can’t get past how it rhymes with grody.
[name]Bryce[/name] - I like this name. Its very fresh and crisp sounding to me.
[name]Callen[/name] (nn [name]Cal[/name]) - I like [name]Callum[/name] or [name]Calvin[/name] better to get to the nickname [name]Cal[/name]. Or [name]Kellan[/name]. I feel the same about [name]Callen[/name] as [name]Austin[/name].
[name]Cameron[/name] - Ditto [name]Austin[/name].
[name]Clayton[/name] (nn [name]Clay[/name]) - I like [name]Clayton[/name], it just sounds awkward when I say it… but not usually when other people say it, lol.
[name]Liam[/name] - I used to love [name]Liam[/name], but its so popular now. Not sure if that bothers you or not.
[name]Owen[/name] - [name]Love[/name] this. So sweet but grows up well.
[name]Wyatt[/name] - I don’t personally like the way this looks or sounds.

My favorites from your list are [name]Andrew[/name], [name]Bryce[/name], [name]Clayton[/name], and [name]Owen[/name]. Good luck and congrats on your new little one!

[name]Austin[/name]- Not a fan of this at all. Most Austins were born in the 1990s (and there were A LOT of them), so the name sounds dated to me. Also, in my experience, most Austins tend to be troublemakers.

[name]Andrew[/name]- [name]Andrew[/name] and the nickname [name]Andy[/name] are so worn out. The nickname [name]Drew[/name] brings a little spunk back to the name, but not enough.

[name]Brody[/name]- This is cool but maybe a bit too trendy. That may not bother you though. [name]Brody[/name] is a perfectly nice name.

[name]Callen[/name]- The nickname [name]Cal[/name] has a cool vintage feel to it, but I prefer the full name [name]Calvin[/name] to get to [name]Cal[/name]. [name]Callen[/name] looks and sounds trendy/made-up.

[name]Cameron[/name]- Again, a dated choice. Not a fan of this.

[name]Clayton[/name]- There’s technically nothing wrong with this name. It’s not too trendy, not too popular, and the nickname [name]Clay[/name] is one I only hear every now and then. Most Clays tend to be pretty cool guys.

[name]Liam[/name]- I just don’t like this. I hear it all the time and it’s way too popular. But that may not bother you.

[name]Owen[/name]- I really like this. I personally wouldn’t use it, but I think it sounds very handsome, strong, and masculine. A great choice. It is a little on the popular side though.

[name]Wyatt[/name]- I can’t imagine this name said without a twangy Southern accent. Not my style.

From your list, I really like [name]Brody[/name], [name]Clayton[/name], and [name]Owen[/name].

I like [name]Clayton[/name] best and [name]Wyatt[/name] second. Have you considered [name]Emmett[/name] or [name]Weylon[/name]?
I’m surprised people are calling [name]Liam[/name] trendy and past it’s prime but not [name]Owen[/name]. I think [name]Owen[/name] is pretty trendy right now and if it’s not worn out yet, like [name]Liam[/name], I think it will be shortly. I think it’s a great name, but if you want to avoid trendy I would avoid [name]Liam[/name] and [name]Owen[/name].