Sky for a boy - and my list :)

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you like [name_u]Sky[/name_u] for a boy? I would pair it with a 100% masculine middle name such as [name_u]Edward[/name_u] or [name_u]Dylan[/name_u] or [name_m]Thomas[/name_m]. Would he get teased, because there are mostly girls named this? However, I do think most girls use [name_u]Skye[/name_u] instead.

Other names on my list (please comment and pick your favorite):

[name_m]Thomas[/name_m] “Tom”
just [name_m]Tom[/name_m]
[name_u]Max[/name_u]
[name_u]Leon[/name_u]

[name_f]My[/name_f] list in not very long :wink: Middle names: [name_u]Dylan[/name_u], [name_u]Edward[/name_u], [name_m]Otto[/name_m], [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] (if not used as first name), [name_u]Leon[/name_u] (if not used as first name). Possibly [name_m]Paul[/name_m].

I don’t think it’s bad although I think [name_u]Skylar[/name_u] shortened to [name_u]Sky[/name_u] is more common in boys (at least in my experience) but [name_u]Sky[/name_u] isn’t bad.

I would go for:

[name_u]Sky[/name_u] [name_m]Maximus[/name_m]
[name_u]Sky[/name_u] [name_m]Donovan[/name_m]
[name_u]Sky[/name_u] [name_m]Richard[/name_m]
[name_u]Sky[/name_u] [name_u]Edward[/name_u]
[name_u]Sky[/name_u] [name_m]Matthias[/name_m]
[name_u]Sky[/name_u] [name_u]Brennan[/name_u]
[name_u]Sky[/name_u] [name_m]Oliver[/name_m]
[name_u]Sky[/name_u] [name_m]Warren[/name_m]
[name_u]Sky[/name_u] [name_u]Endellion[/name_u]
[name_u]Sky[/name_u] [name_u]Callahan[/name_u]

But that’s me! Hopefully this helps! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love [name_u]Sky[/name_u] for a boy. I’d pair it with a longer middle myself. :slight_smile:

[name_u]Sky[/name_u] feels pretty neutral to me – I went to high school with a boy named [name_u]Sky[/name_u] (I’m 20, so this was fairly recent) and the only girl I’ve known with the name spelled it [name_u]Skye[/name_u]. I don’t think it would cause teasing personally, though it might depend on where you live and if [name_u]Sky[/name_u] is more common for girls there. Also, the male love interest in Mamma [name_f]Mia[/name_f] is named [name_u]Sky[/name_u], so that’s a prominent example of it as a masculine name!

[name_u]Max[/name_u] is my favorite from the other names on your list! And [name_u]Sky[/name_u] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] would be my combo of choice :star_struck:

I like [name_u]Sky[/name_u]!

How about [name_u]Sky[/name_u] [name_u]Leon[/name_u]? (Sky [name_m]Paul[/name_m] is too staccato for me, [name_u]Max[/name_u] is too wordy - more obviously than [name_u]Leon[/name_u], and the others too genteel with [name_u]Sky[/name_u] - unless you want that vibe in which case I would go [name_u]Sky[/name_u] Thomas).

As a broad comment, I see your names as crossing a few categories:

Rugged and handsome: [name_u]Dylan[/name_u] (which would be a good brother’s name for [name_u]Sky[/name_u] rather than a middle given their similar meanings); [name_u]Max[/name_u] and [name_u]Leon[/name_u]

Sensitive and artistic: [name_u]Sky[/name_u] (and [name_m]Otto[/name_m] somewhat)

Debonair and “classical”: [name_m]Thomas[/name_m], [name_m]Otto[/name_m] and [name_u]Edward[/name_u]

Then American and causal: [name_m]Tom[/name_m], [name_m]Paul[/name_m]

[name_u]Max[/name_u] could go in all t four and obv not fixed boundaries. I like mix and matching but need the balance - so [name_u]Sky[/name_u] goes best with [name_u]Leon[/name_u] to me.

Otherwise:

[name_u]Sky[/name_u] [name_m]Duncan[/name_m]
[name_u]Sky[/name_u] [name_u]Murphy[/name_u]
[name_u]Sky[/name_u] [name_u]Maverick[/name_u] (if not too wordy?)
[name_u]Sky[/name_u] [name_u]Jackson[/name_u]
[name_u]Sky[/name_u] [name_m]Clinton[/name_m]
[name_u]Sky[/name_u] [name_m]Zachariah[/name_m]
[name_u]Sky[/name_u] [name_u]Tristan[/name_u]
[name_u]Sky[/name_u] [name_m]Julius[/name_m]
[name_u]Sky[/name_u] [name_u]Cameron[/name_u]
[name_u]Sky[/name_u] [name_m]Donovan[/name_m]
[name_u]Sky[/name_u] [name_m]Jonathan[/name_m]
[name_u]Sky[/name_u] [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u]

[name_u]Or[/name_u] I would go [name_u]Leon[/name_u] or [name_u]Dylan[/name_u] as a first with one of the debonair names in second spot.

I do like [name_u]Sky[/name_u] - very bright and lovely! I’ve known boys [name_f]Star[/name_f] and [name_u]Storm[/name_u] and they wore them well so :person_shrugging:

I do think it’s a bit different from your other names though - of which my favourite is [name_u]Max[/name_u] - charming and zippy

I think [name_u]Sky[/name_u] is great for a boy! From your tiger names, I like [name_u]Dylan[/name_u] and [name_m]Otto[/name_m] best

I think it’s just fine! I know a male [name_u]Skylar[/name_u], so why not [name_u]Sky[/name_u]? Also, the Mamma [name_f]Mia[/name_f] association works totally in your favor; [name_u]Sky[/name_u] is the name of Sophie’s (male) fiancé!

It’s not my personal style, but I like [name_u]Sky[/name_u] for a boy and actually prefer it on a boy rather than a girl! Honestly, the only time I’ve ever heard it as a name was on [name_m]Dominic[/name_m] Cooper’s character in Mamma [name_f]Mia[/name_f]! (And I see others have mentioned him, too.) So it definitely leans masculine in my mind because of that.

I think a more traditionally masculine middle name would be a good idea to balance it. But I definitely don’t think a boy named [name_u]Sky[/name_u] would be teased! It seems like a fairly in-style, unisex choice for a kid today. Wouldn’t surprise me at all. :slight_smile: