Slings?

[name]Hi[/name] everyone,

I really like the idea of using a sling to carry my first baby around in (She’s just a day old at the moment). Anyone used one? [name]How[/name] did you find it? Any particular designs/brands which you’ve found better (easier to put on/more comfortable) than others?

Thanks [name]Jess[/name]

I used one intermittently with my daughter. The one I had wasn’t adjustable and I have heard since that it is really important to get the ones that you can tighten for your comfort.

The Babywearer is a website and forums with tons of information of all types of baby carriers, slings, and wraps. They also have detailed ratings on different brands and vendors. The site is www.thebabywearer.com

I got a a [name]Moby[/name], a HotSling, and a [name]Baby[/name] [name]Bjorn[/name] as gifts. I found the [name]Moby[/name] to be the most convenient one when my daughter was newborn (<6 months). It takes a few tries to get the hang of putting it on, but after that it’s pretty easy. Moby looks cool and the baby feels very secure against your body. The only drawback is that they are very warm to wear.
Baby Bjorn was our favorite from 6 to 12 months. It’s a snap to put on and allows the baby a lot of freedom to move and look around. It also is more “gender neutral” looking so my husband felt comfortable wearing it too. We loved the BB.
The HotSling was a hot mess! Even though it came with a DVD to show you how to use it, I never did seem to quite get it right and no matter what arrangement we used, it was uncomfortable and slipped around a lot.
Just my experience, but I hope it helps!

Thankyou everyone! That site’s great carpenter lady. There are so many! Think will just have to get one and try it…

[name]Amy[/name] is now just over 2 weeks old and we are very tired! We’ve just got a [name]Moby[/name] and it was amazing… Popped her in it and she just drifted off! [name]Love[/name] it! Took me a few goes to get it on but was worth it.

[name]Hope[/name] you are all well, [name]Jess[/name] x