Sloan & sibling - need feedback

Looking for sibling names for our 3 year old daughter, [name_u]Sloan[/name_u]. We have a girls name picked out but want thoughts on our top choice for boy: [name_m]Leon[/name_m] [name_u]Roscoe[/name_u]

[name_u]Roscoe[/name_u] is to honor my grandfather. [name_u]Sloan[/name_u] also has an old school family name from my side as her middle.

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you think [name_u]Sloan[/name_u] & [name_m]Leon[/name_m] work as a sibset? Thoughts on [name_m]Leon[/name_m] [name_u]Roscoe[/name_u] in general?

I think they work well together! On paper they share a lot of letters but actually they feel plenty distinct enough in sound. [name_m]Leon[/name_m] feels similarly tailored and cosmopolitan, and I love the combo [name_m]Leon[/name_m] [name_u]Roscoe[/name_u].

2 Likes

Thank you so much for the thoughtful response! Naming humans is hard. I was afraid [name_u]Sloan[/name_u] feels so modern and [name_m]Leon[/name_m] feels old, but your point about them feeling similarly tailored and cosmopolitan makes me feel good about pairing them :slight_smile:

I’m in Europe, where [name_m]Leon[/name_m] reads contemporary-cool classic to me. With the rise of [name_u]Leo[/name_u] and [name_m]Leonardo[/name_m], I definitely don’t think it feels exclusively “old”, even in the US. It’s a great name that deserves more use!

1 Like

[name_u]Love[/name_u] to see [name_u]Sloan[/name_u] used!!

I think [name_u]Sloan[/name_u] and [name_m]Leon[/name_m] work. As [name_f]Katinka[/name_f] points out, they look a little similar when written down but they have distinct sounds when said out loud! [name_m]Leon[/name_m] [name_u]Roscoe[/name_u] is such a friendly, charming name

1 Like

i love [name_m]Leon[/name_m] [name_u]Roscoe[/name_u]!
they do look a bit similar but they work great together! love both [name_m]Leon[/name_m] & [name_u]Roscoe[/name_u] and the pair is beautiful