Sloane or Helen

Sloane [name_f]Helen[/name_f] is wonderful

[name_u]Sloane[/name_u]!

Personally, [name_u]Sloane[/name_u] is more to my tastes, but it depends on your elder children’s names.

I like [name_u]Sloane[/name_u] more than [name_f]Helen[/name_f]. [name_f]Helen[/name_f] feels a bit dated to me. But I think [name_f]Helen[/name_f] [name_u]Sloane[/name_u] flows better than [name_u]Sloane[/name_u] [name_f]Helen[/name_f].

I much prefer [name_f]Helen[/name_f] to [name_u]Sloane[/name_u]. I know it’s not uncommon on girls, but [name_u]Sloane[/name_u] just seems so masculine to me, I can’t imagine it on a little girl. [name_f]Helen[/name_f] is comparatively lovely.

Helen all the way! It’s so strong and beautiful. [name_u]Sloane[/name_u] just strikes me as trendy.

I prefer [name_f]Helen[/name_f] as a first name. I am not a fan of [name_u]Sloane[/name_u]. However it is your baby, your choice.

Sloane [name_f]Helen[/name_f] would sound beautiful with your oldest childrens’ names!

I like [name_u]Sloane[/name_u] better, I do not care for [name_f]Helen[/name_f] at all, to be honest. To me - [name_f]Helen[/name_f] feels on the dated side and is one of those names that is reminiscent of the era it came out of. It was ranked at #2 in the 1910’s. I have only ever known very old ladies with that name and I think that is why. A more modern spin on the name could be nice though, like [name_f]Helene[/name_f], or perhaps something similar phonetically like [name_f]Alana[/name_f].

I very much prefer [name_f]Helen[/name_f], but I think that is just the style I lean towards. I like the above suggestions if [name_f]Helene[/name_f] and [name_f]Helena[/name_f] as well, though if you prefer more straightforward names, [name_f]Helen[/name_f] is probably more your style out of those. That being said, I find [name_u]Sloane[/name_u] and [name_f]Helen[/name_f] to be very different in terms of style.

Both [name_u]Sloane[/name_u] and [name_f]Helen[/name_f] are personal favorites of mine. I know young girls and older women with both names, and they work well at all stages of life. I understand why you’re torn! Yes, they’re stylistically different, but they are similar in being strong and straightforward, but not frilly or overused names for girls. I might vote for [name_f]Helen[/name_f] in the first spot, simply because it’s less “expected” than [name_u]Sloane[/name_u] right now, but you can’t go wrong. Your daughter will be lucky either way. Congratulations!

I LOVE [name_u]Sloane[/name_u]!! I think [name_u]Sloane[/name_u] [name_f]Helen[/name_f] is amazing.

[name_f]My[/name_f] pick would be [name_f]Helen[/name_f] but I would have a preference for spelling it [name_f]Helene[/name_f] or [name_f]Helena[/name_f] as I think it looks prettier with your surname. I’d definitely go [name_u]Sloane[/name_u] as a middle if that was an option :slight_smile:

Thank you for your input! We will keep you posted!

This is tough because I like both names. [name_u]Sloane[/name_u] [name_u]Van[/name_u] Deken sounds cooler. But [name_f]Helen[/name_f] [name_u]Sloane[/name_u] [name_u]Van[/name_u] Deken sounds better overall.