Small farm in the Andes needs a name

A month ago we made the move from the US to the mountains of southern Ecuador. Raising our family in [name_u]South[/name_u] [name_u]America[/name_u] has been our [name_u]Forever[/name_u] [name_u]Dream[/name_u], and we’ve fallen head over heels for our gorgeous new home.

We’re purchasing a small family farm with an acre and a half of tropical orchard and coffee plants :heart_eyes: The gentleman who’s heading up our home build mentioned yesterday that we need to come up with a name for our property. We’d given it some thought before then, but not nothing’s been quite right. What would you recommend??

The name ideally would be in Spanish. [name_f]English[/name_f] could work. A farm such as ours is called a finca in Ecuador, so it’s likely the name will start with Finca __________ or Finca de ______________.

Keywords, imagery, ideas, etc.:
Springtime/Primavera- this region boasts a year-round spring climate. [name_f]Spring[/name_f] is my favorite season. I love the imagery of new beginnings.

Something [name_m]Tolkien[/name_m] inspired… It’s very Shire-like here. We’re considering Finca del [name_f]Shire[/name_f], or something like that. And we’re literally in the “middle of the earth…”

Hummingbird/butterfly/other wildlife

Finca [name_m]Refugio[/name_m] (refuge)

There are flowers everywhere. And we feel the most amazing gentle breeze that smells like jasmine. Apparently it’s the citrus blossoms. We’re high up looking down to the village, and have lovely mountain views.

Something related to the sky- the skies here are very dynamic and beautiful… I’ve considered Finca [name_u]Cielo[/name_u] Pintado (painted sky), but it’s not quite right.

Something related to orange/citrus blossoms

Something like: flourish, thrive, opportunity, dream, once in a lifetime, long awaited, hope, promise, abundance… We thought of Finca Esperada, but it’s not substantial enough.

We keep going around in circles! Please toss us some ideas!! Nothing too cheesy, like “Finca de Sueños,” por favor.

Aaannnd we need to name our coffee, which we’re growing for gifts and personal consumption, not to sell. It can be more whimsical and fun. Our “neighborhood” is called Chambalapo, and that could be included.

Muchas gracias!!

3 Likes

I dont speak Spanish so please escuse grammatical errors.
Finca de la Brisa Primaveral
Finca Ceilo Suave
Finca Del Segundo Desayuno

1 Like

What a beautiful place!

I love many of your ideas already. Finca [name_u]Cielo[/name_u] Pintado is a gorgeous name, but I agree with you that it’s not quite right. Finca del [name_u]Cielo[/name_u] Pintado is even longer. Would [name_u]Cielo[/name_u] Pintado perhaps be better to incorporate in the name of your coffee?

Additionally, if there is a specific flower or plant that grows in abundance, naming the farm after that plant might make a nice name.

[name_f]My[/name_f] idea might be to add a personal name to the title (such as Finca [name_u]Maria[/name_u], for example) that has either a personal meaning to you (a family member’s name or someone you want to honor) or has a meaning related to what the farm represents to you. Something with the meaning of dream, wished for, long-awaited, promise…

Good luck!

1 Like

[name_m]Just[/name_m] wanted to say congratulations! It looks so beautiful & idyllic there

I love the sound of Finca [name_u]Cielo[/name_u] Pintado

I’m out of my depth and can’t be of much help I’m afraid as I don’t speak Spanish…
Might be nice to include flor / flores / florecer / florecimiento - not sure which one would be correct but I found all these for flowers / blossom?

Finca Florecimiento? Finca Florecer?

I like how [name_f]Primavera[/name_f], mariposa & montãna sound too if they can be incorporated

Hopefully some Spanish speakers will come along anyway… Best of luck with everything, it sounds really exciting!

1 Like

Thank you for replying! [name_f]El[/name_f] segundo desayuno is brilliant!

I like [name_u]Cielo[/name_u] Pintado as a coffee name!!

And including the name of a person important to us is an intriguing idea!!

1 Like

Thank you for your comment. I like the simplicity of Finca Florecer quite a bit! And I love [name_f]Primavera[/name_f], but it’s so long.

1 Like

i was hoping you would like that

1 Like