Snow

I’ve been catching up with the ABC show “Once Upon a Time” on iTunes and also thinking about the two “[name]Snow[/name] White” movies that are coming out this year. I was wondering if anyone had noticed [name]Snow[/name] being talked about more as a girl’s name, knowing how movies often influence the popularity of names. Has anyone noticed [name]Snow[/name] as a name being mentioned anywhere and does anyone know a [name]Snow[/name]?

Outside of literary sources I have never seen [name]Snow[/name] used or mentioned. I think its cute but a little princessy. I think it could be a nice mn, especially if you use two mns!

[name]Snow[/name] would make a cute middle name. And [name]Snow[/name] or Snowy would be an even cuter nickname for a name like [name]Winter[/name]! :slight_smile:

I like [name]Snow[/name] and [name]Winter[/name] as a middle name for girls and the nn of Snowy would be probably reserved for a guy with very, very blonde hair or a man with lots of thick grey hair.

Snowy makes me think of Tintin’s faithful friend :slight_smile:

But I do like the idea of [name]Snow[/name] as a mn.

I just realised if the Hunger Games proves to be as big a driving force in the naming world as everyone claims, we won’t be seeing many little girls called [name]Snow[/name]. :frowning:

Well if [name]Snow[/name] is a mn, then [name]Katniss[/name] [name]Snow[/name] could work okay :slight_smile:

About 5 years ago when I signed my son up for daycare there was a pretty little white blonde haired girl named [name]Snow[/name]- she was shy and sweet and the name fit her perfectly! I am glad her Mom had the guts to name her that.

I love [name]Snow[/name]! It’d have to be a middle though for me, and the baby would definitely have to be born in winter. And as tifberry said, if I ever met a little [name]Snow[/name], I’d be ecstatic it was really being used!

I’m actually considering [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eden[/name] [name]Snow[/name]! haha. I figured [name]Snow[/name] could be a nice Christmasy/wintery nod to my sister, since we both have one [name]Christmas[/name] name in each of our full names. I also like that there would be a bit of a Disney princess connection, since my favorite girls’ name is [name]Isabelle[/name] [name]Aurora[/name] [name]Grace[/name]. [name]Isabelle[/name] [name]Aurora[/name] [name]Grace[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eden[/name] [name]Snow[/name] might be a bit too princessy overload, though, lol.

I have come across a few that have used it as a MN… the only one I can remember right now is a little girl named [name]Liliana[/name] [name]Snow[/name], though. I always thought it was pretty.

I was campaigning hard for [name]Snow[/name] as a middle name for [name]Corisande[/name], but my Fiance was less than convinced :frowning: I love [name]Snow[/name], and still hope to find a way to use it somewhere! Perhaps [name]Odessa[/name] [name]Snow[/name], or [name]Valencia[/name] [name]Snow[/name], we will see one day!!

@[name]Ash[/name] - [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eden[/name] [name]Snow[/name]!!!

This name makes me think of cocaine (slang)…it’s also something I got called when I was the only white girl in the neighborhood! Not a great name imo!

Thanks! haha. It’s probably the least likely candidate at this point but I do really like it as a combo. :slight_smile:

I don’t know any Snows, but I have always thought it would make a very pretty and usable name.

Snowflake is a racial epithet where I’m from. I’d be a bit leery of using [name]Snow[/name] as a first name.

That said, I’d consider [name]Snow[/name] or [name]Frost[/name] for a middle name. And my husband really really REALLY wants to use [name]Winter[/name] as a first name for a girl. Regardless of what time of year she is born.

I know a little girl named [name]Snow[/name] she was born about 2 years ago and is the sweetest strawberry blonde-headed girl. Also in this group of kids is a [name]Sage[/name], and I think both names are underused but lovely names :slight_smile: I’m pro [name]Snow[/name]!

[i][name]Snow[/name] is absolutely gorgeous! I don’t think I would use it as a first name, though I think it would be lovely to meet a little [name]Snow[/name]. I have however used it in two of my combinations as a second middle.

@ashthedreamer: [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eden[/name] [name]Snow[/name] is absolutely gorgeous[/i]!

I love it! I would probably use it as a middle or nickname vs. a first name though. It would also have to be for a winter baby for me.

I love the name [name]Snow[/name], I think it’s so cute! (I also love Once Upon a Time!!)

I think that it is a bit more acceptable as a MN and I also would prefer [name]Winter[/name] as a first name as an alternative to [name]Snow[/name].

i think it’s cute…but only on a child born in winter…