SO frustrated!

DH and I have a short list of names. I like them all but I’m not ‘in love’ with any of them. I keep hunting for more names and he just says that he is happy with the ones that we have…but I suspect he is just being lazy.

[name]Baby[/name] is due in 5 weeks and I am panicking that she won’t have a name when she is born. My problem is that I am extremely indecisive and always second guess my decisions. Also, I feel like DH doesn’t realize how important naming the baby is.

Am I being crazy?? Should I just go with one the names we have picked or keep searching for that ‘perfect’ name.

I guess what I’m looking for here is suggestions or convincing.
Here is our current list. (Our last name is Muller)

[name]Anya[/name] ~ my favourite! DH likes it but it isn’t his fave. Should I push for this one? Is everyone going to mispronounce it?

[name]Daphne[/name] ~ DH’s fave. I really like it but my family gives everyone nicknames and I want to avoid “daf” and “daffy”. I also don’t know if it’s pretty enough.

[name]Eva[/name] ~ is growing in popularity but I find myself leaning towards it. Once again, not DHs fave so he would need some convincing.

[name]Victoria[/name] ~ we both really like this name but do NOT want her called [name]Vicki[/name]. Any other nn suggestions? If it were up to me I would just call her [name]Victoria[/name]…but the family…

I have determined that we really like regal, classic names so I’ve been scouring the European royal families for inspiration. Names that I like that DH doesn’t are: [name]Beatrice[/name], [name]Diana[/name], [name]Alexandra[/name], [name]Irina[/name], [name]Evanna[/name], [name]Bianca[/name].

Any input would be appreciated.

thanks in advance.

Well, for starters I don’t think you’re crazy for worrying about this; names are very important and you should definitely be in love with your daughter’s name so if you haven’t found “the one” you should by all means keep looking. (Of course, here I am on nameberry as someone who obviously finds name searching to be both fun and also sort of like a competitive sport :slight_smile: ) On the other hand, you should also cut your husband some slack; I wouldn’t necessarily jump to the conclusion that he doesn’t realize how important naming a child is just because he doesn’t want to keep looking. To be fair, your daughter will go through life perfectly fine (and even lucky in the name department) with any of the names on your current list - keep this in mind also when you feel like you have found the name but feel a panic about wanting to keep searching - there is a line between making sure you have the perfect name and just becoming obsessive and you only have to poke around these message boards to see how awful it can be when that line gets crossed.

Looking at your list, I did have an immediate suggestion for you - [name]Aurora[/name], nn [name]Rory[/name]. It’s got the bold elegance and femininity of [name]Eva[/name], but the cutesiness in nickname [name]Rory[/name] of [name]Daphne[/name]. It also has a similar sound to [name]Victoria[/name], so I thought you might like it.

Your not crazy for wanthing the perfect name!

Have you considered [name]Tori[/name] as a nn for [name]Victoria[/name]?

I really like [name]Eva[/name]. It is a elegant and beautiful and can fit just about any baby, child, or woman imo. You could have the cute nn [name]Evie[/name] if you would like.

Others you might like: [name]Annika[/name], [name]Annabel[/name], [name]Esme[/name], [name]Cecily[/name], [name]Elodie[/name], [name]Juliet[/name], [name]Fiona[/name], [name]Margo[/name], [name]Marielle[/name], [name]Genevieve[/name].

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Anya[/name]! The suggestion of [name]Aurora[/name] nn. [name]Rory[/name] though I think may be perfect.

I had exactly the same problem when I was pregnant. Is this your first? Sometimes I felt like my husband didn’t fully comprehend that the baby was comingor maybe he thought it just came with a name on the birth certificate like a cabbage patch kid?
Anyway I stressed and stressed and he was so nonchalant and just randomly vetoed names that I loved for stupid reasons and offered halfassed suggestions.
But the good news is that once she was born I felt that picking a name was pretty easy. I think all the excitement about the baby coming made me restless, hence the never ending name search. But my husband went into name research overdrive and refused to commit to anything for a couple of days. At that point though we were so excited to have our little one that we didn’t even care what her name was.

oh an i love the name [name]Victoria[/name] nn tori and te suggestion of aurora nn rory.
how about [name]Octavia[/name] nn tavi?