so hard to decide!!! please help!

i am 16 weeks pregnant with our first (so thrilled!) and having such a hard time with boy names now! i thought we had it down pat, but as time moves along, i wonder!
i come from a dutch background and my partner is czech so we like names that will translate well to our european heritage.

we are not going to find out the gender, we have decided on

• [name]Anneke[/name] (pronounced ‘aun-ne-ke’ not aun-ni-kah) for a girl
    our first name choice for a girl was [name]Matylda[/name], but then a friend hada baby earlier this year and named her matilda, sooo that one is out (i hate when that happens…)

for a boy;
this is the tough part…
we like the following; [name]Milo[/name], [name]Arlo[/name], [name]Henry[/name] and [name]Felix[/name]. but im not 100% sure on any of them! i like milo, but then i wonder about its popularity now… i like arlo, as in the so of woody guthrie, love his music, and i like the name… i like [name]Henry[/name] because it appears strong, unique but also classic… i like [name]Felix[/name] because it also translates well, and i adore it but don’t like the references to ‘felix the cat’, even thought i think this generation and next don’t really know of felix the cat!
we love jasper, but its out as my best friends 5 year old is named jasper. same with augustus (gus) for a boy is also out for the same reason. sigh.

i feel like i have looked and searched everywhere.
i like names from the 1800s, early 1900s, (one of my fave shows is road to avonlea, hehe, and thats why i love felix!)
classic names, also love unique names but not too out there, and names that aren’t very popular, and hopefully won’t become too popular.

hopefully with the names above you get an idea of what we like and can possibly give us some new ones to think on?

• hoping you can help!! thanks!

I adore [name]Arlo[/name]- its our top choice for boys names and has been for years, but everytime someone asks about it in a forums like this I get that little bit more worried its popularity is going to soar.
[name]Milo[/name] is adorable, I love the O ending for boys names. I think [name]Milo[/name] [name]Henry[/name] would be lovely.
[name]Felix[/name] has an edge that the others don’t, people will love it or hate it. Its a strong name, which I always like and it doesn’t yet have anywhere near the popularity of the others.
[name]Henry[/name] is a bit more ‘old’ but they’re definately coming back in. The names of our grandparents kind of?

We have a similar taste, I genuinely like them all and honestly, the best reactions and feelings you will get are from those who don’t like a name, not from those who love them.

What does your partner/ family/ friends think?

[name]Hi[/name] there! I love the name [name]Anneke[/name], as well as the boys’ names you’ve chosen. :slight_smile:

You may also like:

[name]Arthur[/name]
[name]Augustin[/name]
[name]Calvin[/name]
[name]Charles[/name]
[name]Dexter[/name]
[name]Elias[/name]
[name]Edward[/name]
[name]Franklin[/name]
[name]George[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name] (I can’t remember if you listed this…)
[name]James[/name]
[name]Leo[/name]
[name]Miles[/name]
[name]Maxwell[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Oscar[/name]
[name]Phineas[/name]
[name]Peter[/name]
[name]Raphael[/name]
[name]Simon[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name]
[name]Thomas[/name]
[name]Victor[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

[name]Ansel[/name] - [name]German[/name]
[name]Anselm[/name] - [name]German[/name]
[name]Bernard[/name] - [name]German[/name]
[name]Chester[/name] - Latin root
[name]Dexter[/name] - Latin root
I’m going to post and then keep composing my post. Otherwise my post could get lost.
Sorry, couldn’t get rid of this.

hopefully with the names above you get an idea of what we like and can possibly give us some new ones to think on?

[name]Anders[/name] - Scandinavian
[name]Ansel[/name] - [name]German[/name] - love
[name]Anselm[/name] - [name]German[/name]
[name]Bernard[/name] - [name]German[/name]
[name]Bram[/name] - Dutch
[name]Bruno[/name] - [name]German[/name]
[name]Carsten[/name] - [name]German[/name] - love!
[name]Chester[/name] - Latin root
[name]Cosmo[/name] - Greek
[name]Dexter[/name] - Latin root
[name]Emil[/name] - Latin root
[name]Fritz[/name] - [name]German[/name]
[name]George[/name] has many forms. [name]Just[/name] look up [name]George[/name], and then look up its International Versions.
[name]Hans[/name] - Dutch
[name]Harvey[/name] - Latin root
[name]Henrik[/name] - [name]German[/name], look up [name]Henry[/name], then look up [name]Henry[/name]‘s International Versions.
[name]Ivo[/name] - [name]German[/name]
[name]Josef[/name] - [name]German[/name]
[name]Jurgen[/name] - [name]German[/name]
[name]Klaus[/name] - [name]German[/name]
[name]Laszlo[/name] - Hungarian - love
[name]Leopold[/name] - [name]German[/name], nn [name]Leo[/name] - love it!
[name]Linus[/name] - Greek
[name]Magnus[/name] - Latin root
Menno - Dutch - I knew a guy with this name.
[name]Oscar[/name] - according to one of my name books, this name is popular in Scandinavia.
[name]Peter[/name] - Greek, has a Dutch form - I think it’s [name]Piet[/name]. This is my favorite boys’ name.
[name]Rufus[/name] - Latin root
[name]Sebastian[/name] - Latin root, gorgeous name.
[name]Sigmund[/name] - [name]German[/name] nn [name]Ziggy[/name]
[name]Stanley[/name] - not popular, Slavic
[name]Viktor[/name] - Slavic
[name]Zoltan[/name] - Hungarian, had to include it because it’s so fun!