So I decided to venture out and tell my grandmother name ideas...

I have kept quite to family b/c they are always full of unwanted opinions!! Today I told me grandmother I really loved [name]Susannah[/name] [name]Joy[/name]. She said she did really like it :slight_smile: but she saisd “gosh, it is Super Southern, now isn’t it??” ([name]Said[/name] with her heavy Southern accent, lol!!) to which I replied, no, I see it through many cultures and maybe it has some roots in the South, but not exclusively Southern. LOL! I don’t get that at all about [name]Susannah[/name]! and anyway I was born and raised in the South and live in the south, so if it is super Southern… yay! LOL! . Anyway, I just find it interesting that several people have mentioned how Southern the name is, and it always surprises me :slight_smile:

I think it might seem “Southern” because of the song “Oh, [name]Susannah[/name]”. I think it’s a very nice name.

I knew some Americans from [name]Texas[/name]. So I laughed imagining her saying “gosh, it is Super Southern, now isn’t it??” in the thick drawl.
I love that it sounded Southern if you are from the South.
Make me think of an Irish granny saying “[name]Patrick[/name], it is a bit Irish now isn’t it?” well, yeah! we are Irish granny! Hee hee hee

I think it is not solely Southern at all, but if it was so what if you are from the South. :slight_smile: Makes perfect sense to me.

I think the name sounds awesome!