So… I need some help lol

I don’t know why but I have decided to make a short story based off the name [name_u]October[/name_u]. Why? No idea. Maybe it’s my 3am writer’s brain… But I’m making a short story based on the name. The MC is named [name_u]October[/name_u]. I need a name for the secondary protagonist who is October’s frenemy. I was thinking it was a guy. But not sure yet. I have currently named him [name_u]Peregrine[/name_u]. I need a name that is equally as (according to him about her name) “stupid” as hers. I’ll add a snippet of the dialogue that I have thus far. But seriously what’s a name that you think could be equally as “stupid” as [name_u]October[/name_u] because I can’t think of any (and ones that could have really clever insults that comes with the names). I need my fellow writerberries to help with this. Why do I need a name equally as silly? Well because, I’m thinking that throughout the story they’re both just insulting each other back and forth based on their names (among feuding over other things). I don’t intend for them to be frenemies to lovers because I am not good with female x male relationships, both in real life and in storytelling, so yeah they’re just frenemies to probably friends. That’s the whole spiel about that. If you want to read the snippet of the story for more context then go right ahead. I’ll even put a spoiler tag on it for anyone who doesn’t want to read it lol. Thank you my fellow writerberries for the help.

“So… What’s your name?”

“My name is October…”

“Your parents really liked [name_u]October[/name_u] huh? What…? [name_f]Do[/name_f] you have 11 brothers and sisters named [name_u]January[/name_u], [name_u]February[/name_u], [name_u]March[/name_u], [name_f]April[/name_f], [name_f]May[/name_f], [name_u]June[/name_u], [name_u]July[/name_u], [name_u]August[/name_u], [name_u]September[/name_u], [name_u]November[/name_u] and December?”

“Oh, shut the f**k up. Your name is Peregrine… That’s not any better!”

“At least it’s better than October.”

“If you say so. [name_f]Do[/name_f] people call you Grin?”

“No… They call me [name_f]Perrie[/name_f]. Does anyone call you Octie?”

“No. I go by Toby.”

“Wow…”

Well, if [name_u]Harry[/name_u] [name_m]Potter[/name_m] exists in this world (the series, not the character), you could name this guy [name_m]Draco[/name_m], about which Nameberry say “for as long as we all shall live, [name_u]Harry[/name_u] Potter’s sneering nemesis”.

Other options are:

[name_m]Irl[/name_m] (alternate spelling of [name_u]Earl[/name_u], I presume)

Curly

[name_u]Almond[/name_u]

Clearance (used to pronounce this like [name_u]Clarence[/name_u] when I was little, perhaps his parents mistook it for an alternative spelling)

[name_m]Deforest[/name_m]

[name_m]Metro[/name_m]

[name_m]Gold[/name_m] (nn Goldie/Goldy, even worse if he has blond hair)

[name_m]Loring[/name_m] (Nameberry says it’s too close to boring)

Stancil

Wencil

[name_m]Wirt[/name_m]

[name_m]Littleton[/name_m] (Little or Shorty for nicknames)

[name_m]Nimrod[/name_m]

[name_m]Boss[/name_m] (nn Bossie)

[name_m]Perfecto[/name_m]

[name_m]Handy[/name_m]

[name_m]Elmo[/name_m]

[name_m]Garfield[/name_m]

[name_m]Kermit[/name_m]

[name_m]Lucifer[/name_m]

[name_m]Hades[/name_m]

[name_m]Manson[/name_m]

[name_m]Judas[/name_m]

[name_m]Cain[/name_m]

[name_u]Loki[/name_u]

[name_m]Harvey[/name_m]

[name_m]Ebenezer[/name_m]

That’s all I’ve got for now.

1 Like

[name_u]Roscoe[/name_u]
[name_m]Chester[/name_m]
[name_m]Leopold[/name_m]
[name_m]Kenneth[/name_m] (Or Ken)
[name_m]Apollo[/name_m]
[name_m]Chip[/name_m]
[name_m]Gulliver[/name_m]
[name_m]Winston[/name_m]
[name_u]Chandler[/name_u]
[name_m]Arson[/name_m]
[name_u]Diablo[/name_u]
[name_m]Barney[/name_m]
[name_m]Bishop[/name_m]
[name_m]Elvis[/name_m]

Idk, just some options…

1 Like

Update:

So, would [name_m]Obsidian[/name_m] be considered “ridiculous enough” for the secondary protagonist? What would be some clever insult or comeback for the name [name_m]Obsidian[/name_m]? I’m still not sure what I’ll be naming him because I’m still looking for names that could have some very clever insults behind them.