So much baby girl name trouble

When we found out last time that we were having a son, we chose a name the next day and never looked back. I love everything about his name, [name_m]Stellan[/name_m] [name_m]Atlas[/name_m]. When people ask I love telling them his name, I love that it sounds like stellar, I love that it sounds soft and strong, I love that everyone says “Oh, I’ve never met a [name_m]Stellan[/name_m]!”

[name_u]Baby[/name_u] girl is due in [name_f]April[/name_f] and we are having the worst time deciding on a name for her. I want to love it the way I love [name_m]Stellan[/name_m]. I want it to be perfect, not just the best thing we could come up with. We need help! Here is a list of the names we perseverate on and the reasons we love them or think they won’t work. Any suggestions would be most welcome!

[name_f]Stella[/name_f] - for obvious reasons, first and foremost that I don’t want my children to hate me, this won’t work. Also too common.

[name_f]Clementine[/name_f] - I love. DH feels eh but could be convinced. Not super fond of nn [name_u]Clem[/name_u] but like that it is feminine and sweet. Not that it matters but I also love and crave oranges to a ridiculous extent.

[name_u]Ruby[/name_u] - DH’s #1 choice. I like very much but know someone who recently named their daughter this and this fact turns me off. I worry that it might get too common. But I do really really like it and could live with it to make DH happy if I don’t find an alternative that I can’t live without.

[name_u]Winter[/name_u] - probably my #1 at the moment. I like that it sounds cool and different. I picture winter as a very cool woman that I would want to hang out with, not just a cute baby. DH thinks it sounds like a boy’s name which I don’t understand. But I think his main reservation is that it’s not [name_u]Ruby[/name_u].

[name_u]Zia[/name_u] - funky, cool. I don’t know any. We like that it starts with “Z” My bff hates that it means “aunt” in Italian. I don’t love that it’s a bit too close to [name_f]Mia[/name_f] which is very common.

Zinn - funky, cool. I don’t like that it makes me think of wine (even though I love wine :)) DH thinks that it sounds like a boy name.

[name_u]Indiana[/name_u] - love, love, love but unfortunately we wasted this name on our very annoying cat. So this is out.

[name_f]Isla[/name_f] - gorgeous but [name_m]WAY[/name_m] too common.

Thank you all for any thoughts! They would be much appreciated!

Since you like Zinn and [name_u]Zia[/name_u], have you considered [name_f]Zinnia[/name_f], [name_f]Zenia[/name_f] and [name_f]Zena[/name_f]? You could use Zinn/[name_u]Zia[/name_u] as a nickname for any of those.

I also love [name_u]Winter[/name_u] from your list. It sounds very feminine to me (partly because I’ve only ever known female [name_m]Winters[/name_m] and partly because it can lead to nn [name_f]Winnie[/name_f]) but maybe your husband finds it masculine because of its similarity to [name_u]Hunter[/name_u]?

Suggestions:

[name_f]Azalea[/name_f]
[name_f]Elodie[/name_f]
[name_f]Ivy[/name_f]
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u]
[name_f]Olive[/name_f]
[name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
[name_f]Pippa[/name_f]
[name_f]Poppy[/name_f]

Hmm…

Firstly just want to say that [name_m]Stellan[/name_m] [name_m]Atlas[/name_m] is awesome!!

Suggestions:
[name_f]Esther[/name_f] - [name_m]Stellan[/name_m] [name_m]Atlas[/name_m] & [name_f]Esther[/name_f]
[name_f]Fiona[/name_f] - [name_m]Stellan[/name_m] [name_m]Atlas[/name_m] & [name_f]Fiona[/name_f]
[name_f]Cora[/name_f] - [name_m]Stellan[/name_m] [name_m]Atlas[/name_m] & [name_f]Cora[/name_f]
[name_f]Allegra[/name_f] - [name_m]Stellan[/name_m] [name_m]Atlas[/name_m] & [name_f]Allegra[/name_f]
[name_u]Vesper[/name_u] - [name_m]Stellan[/name_m] [name_m]Atlas[/name_m] & [name_u]Vesper[/name_u]
[name_f]Calliope[/name_f] - [name_m]Stellan[/name_m] [name_m]Atlas[/name_m] & [name_f]Calliope[/name_f]
[name_f]Constantina[/name_f] - [name_m]Stellan[/name_m] [name_m]Atlas[/name_m] & [name_f]Constantina[/name_f]
[name_f]Opal[/name_f] - [name_m]Stellan[/name_m] [name_m]Atlas[/name_m] & [name_f]Opal[/name_f]
[name_f]Persephone[/name_f] - [name_m]Stellan[/name_m] [name_m]Atlas[/name_m] & [name_f]Persephone[/name_f]
[name_f]Emerald[/name_f] - [name_m]Stellan[/name_m] [name_m]Atlas[/name_m] & [name_f]Emerald[/name_f]
[name_f]Maple[/name_f] - [name_m]Stellan[/name_m] [name_m]Atlas[/name_m] & [name_f]Maple[/name_f]
[name_f]Morgana[/name_f] - [name_m]Stellan[/name_m] [name_m]Atlas[/name_m] & [name_f]Morgana[/name_f]
[name_f]Zinnia[/name_f] - [name_m]Stellan[/name_m] [name_m]Atlas[/name_m] & [name_f]Zinnia[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliora[/name_f] - [name_m]Stellan[/name_m] [name_m]Atlas[/name_m] & [name_f]Eliora[/name_f]
[name_f]Nadia[/name_f] - [name_m]Stellan[/name_m] [name_m]Atlas[/name_m] & [name_f]Nadia[/name_f]
[name_f]Anya[/name_f] - [name_m]Stellan[/name_m] [name_m]Atlas[/name_m] & [name_f]Anya[/name_f]
[name_f]Esme[/name_f] - [name_m]Stellan[/name_m] [name_m]Atlas[/name_m] & [name_f]Esme[/name_f]
[name_f]Lydia[/name_f] - [name_m]Stellan[/name_m] [name_m]Atlas[/name_m] & [name_f]Lydia[/name_f]
[name_f]Ireland[/name_f] - [name_m]Stellan[/name_m] [name_m]Atlas[/name_m] & [name_f]Ireland[/name_f]
[name_f]Laurel[/name_f] - [name_m]Stellan[/name_m] [name_m]Atlas[/name_m] & [name_f]Laurel[/name_f]
[name_f]Holiday[/name_f] - [name_m]Stellan[/name_m] [name_m]Atlas[/name_m] & [name_f]Holiday[/name_f]
[name_f]Adelina[/name_f] - [name_m]Stellan[/name_m] [name_m]Atlas[/name_m] & [name_f]Adelina[/name_f]
[name_f]Carys[/name_f] - [name_m]Stellan[/name_m] [name_m]Atlas[/name_m] & [name_f]Carys[/name_f]
[name_f]Nieves[/name_f] - [name_m]Stellan[/name_m] [name_m]Atlas[/name_m] & [name_f]Nieves[/name_f]

: )

[name_f]Clementine[/name_f] is my favorite on your list. Based on [name_m]Stellan[/name_m], [name_f]Stella[/name_f], and [name_f]Clementine[/name_f], how about:

[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]
[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Lola[/name_f]
[name_f]Ramona[/name_f]
[name_f]Scarlett[/name_f]
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f]
[name_f]Claudia[/name_f]

I think [name_m]Stellan[/name_m] and [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] sound the best together from your list, but I also love [name_u]Winter[/name_u] and am intrigued by [name_u]Zia[/name_u]. [name_u]Zia[/name_u] [name_u]Winter[/name_u] would be gorgeous. (I have [name_u]Winter[/name_u] as a middle name on my list for several -ia ending names, so it sounds great to me!)

some more ideas:

[name_f]Zora[/name_f]
[name_f]Fiora[/name_f] (nn [name_f]Fia[/name_f]?)
[name_f]Kezia[/name_f] nn [name_u]Zia[/name_u] (would eliminate “aunt” meaning)
[name_f]Kerensa[/name_f]
[name_f]Lyra[/name_f]
[name_f]Aster[/name_f]
[name_u]Arya[/name_u]
[name_f]Eira[/name_f]
[name_u]Ezri[/name_u]
[name_f]Thora[/name_f]
[name_u]Vesper[/name_u]
[name_f]Liv[/name_f]
[name_f]Veda[/name_f]
[name_f]Etta[/name_f]/[name_f]Zetta[/name_f]
[name_f]Zadie[/name_f]
[name_f]Zosia[/name_f]

I went the more unique direction rather the vintage route, since you have a mix of the two on your list. Good luck!@

[name_f]Clementine[/name_f] and [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] are my favorites from your list. [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] or [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] work well together.

Some other possibilities:

[name_m]Stellan[/name_m] and

[name_f]Audrey[/name_f]
[name_f]Avis[/name_f]
[name_f]Avril[/name_f]
[name_f]Bettina[/name_f]
[name_f]Clara[/name_f]
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f]
[name_f]Esme[/name_f]
[name_u]Felice[/name_u]
[name_f]Garnet[/name_f]
[name_f]Georgia[/name_f]
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f]
[name_f]India[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f]
[name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Judith[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f]
[name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
[name_f]Marina[/name_f]
[name_f]Moira[/name_f]
[name_f]Muriel[/name_f]
[name_f]Nadia[/name_f]
[name_f]Nora[/name_f]
[name_f]Ottilie[/name_f]
[name_f]Paloma[/name_f]
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]
[name_f]Ramona[/name_f]
[name_f]Roxanne[/name_f]/[name_f]Roxana[/name_f]
[name_f]Sybil[/name_f]
[name_f]Thais[/name_f]
[name_f]Thisbe[/name_f]
[name_f]Vera[/name_f]
[name_f]Verity[/name_f]
[name_f]Vita[/name_f]
[name_f]Viveca[/name_f]
[name_f]Zara[/name_f]
Zurie

I’m surprised to hear that [name_f]Isla[/name_f] is way too common! I’ve never even heard of an [name_f]Isla[/name_f] besides the actress, that’s a shame. I loveee your sons name and I love that you love that it sounds close to stellar, me too :slight_smile: I second the vote for [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] and [name_u]Ruby[/name_u], also love [name_u]Winter[/name_u]!

[name_f]Cosima[/name_f]
[name_f]Zola[/name_f]
[name_f]Lyra[/name_f]
[name_f]Lux[/name_f]/[name_f]Luz[/name_f]
[name_f]Astra[/name_f]
[name_f]Avalon[/name_f]
[name_f]Tamsin[/name_f]
[name_u]Auden[/name_u]
[name_f]Luna[/name_f]
[name_f]Elowen[/name_f]
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f]
[name_f]Nova[/name_f]
[name_u]Seren[/name_u]
[name_u]Vesper[/name_u]
[name_f]Romilly[/name_f]
[name_u]Bellamy[/name_u]
[name_u]Tierney[/name_u]
[name_f]Yvaine[/name_f]

[name_m]Stellan[/name_m] is so handsome! My favorites from your list are [name_u]Winter[/name_u], [name_u]Ruby[/name_u], and [name_f]Clementine[/name_f]. I’ve seen someone with the name [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] be called [name_u]Min[/name_u]/[name_f]Minnie[/name_f]/[name_f]Mini[/name_f].

[name_m]How[/name_m] about…
Wintry- To me seems more feminine than [name_u]Winter[/name_u]
[name_f]Zelda[/name_f]- I recently met a young [name_f]Zelda[/name_f]. It was serious swoon worthy. Her mom called her [name_m]Zel[/name_m].
[name_f]Mavis[/name_f]- For some reason the old vintage names pop out at me with [name_m]Stellan[/name_m]. [name_f]Mae[/name_f]/[name_f]May[/name_f] is such a cute nn!
Ayla- A-lah or eye-la.

[name_f]Tessa[/name_f]
[name_f]Lyra[/name_f]
[name_f]Zinnia[/name_f]
[name_f]Zelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Junia[/name_f]

I don’t know if it would make any difference to you, but what about [name_f]Eila[/name_f] instead? It’s pronounced just like [name_f]Isla[/name_f] but I think it’s less common. [name_f]May[/name_f] have some pronunciation issues, though.
I think [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] and [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] are both gorgeous names!

I love [name_f]Isla[/name_f] and [name_u]Winter[/name_u]!

[name_m]Stellan[/name_m] & [name_f]Isla[/name_f] would be a gorgeous sibset!

What about [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f]? Or Amandla? I think both names go really well with [name_m]Stellan[/name_m]!

I’m not sure why, but [name_f]Theodora[/name_f] popped into my head.

[name_f]Celeste[/name_f] or [name_f]Celestia[/name_f] might fit with the “stellar” feeling of [name_m]Stellan[/name_m].

[name_f]Rowena[/name_f], [name_f]Muriel[/name_f], [name_f]Leontine[/name_f], [name_f]Alma[/name_f], [name_f]Cara[/name_f], [name_f]Sophie[/name_f], [name_f]Imogen[/name_f], [name_f]Molly[/name_f], [name_f]Anna[/name_f], [name_f]Lydia[/name_f], [name_f]Amaya[/name_f], [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f], [name_f]Almira[/name_f], [name_f]Genevra[/name_f], [name_f]Eloise[/name_f], [name_f]Noreen[/name_f], [name_f]Daphne[/name_f], [name_f]Elise[/name_f], [name_f]Vienna[/name_f], [name_f]Elodie[/name_f], [name_f]Jillian[/name_f], [name_f]Priscilla[/name_f], [name_f]Pearl[/name_f], [name_f]Arabella[/name_f], [name_f]Polly[/name_f], [name_f]Juliana[/name_f], [name_f]Frances[/name_f], [name_f]Marcella[/name_f], [name_f]Frances[/name_f], [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f], [name_f]Daisy[/name_f], [name_f]Valentina[/name_f], [name_f]Claudia[/name_f], [name_f]Paige[/name_f], [name_f]Gloria[/name_f], [name_f]Prudence[/name_f], [name_f]Lola[/name_f], [name_f]Gemma[/name_f], [name_f]Silvia[/name_f], [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f], [name_f]Marta[/name_f], [name_f]Jade[/name_f], [name_f]Livia[/name_f], [name_f]Petula[/name_f], [name_f]Lyra[/name_f], [name_f]Luna[/name_f], [name_f]Portia[/name_f], [name_f]Adela[/name_f], [name_f]Corinne[/name_f], [name_f]Moira[/name_f], [name_f]Elvira[/name_f], [name_f]Lilia[/name_f], [name_f]Lelia[/name_f], [name_f]Tiana[/name_f], [name_f]Cecily[/name_f], [name_f]Camille[/name_f], [name_f]Laura[/name_f], [name_f]Miriam[/name_f]

To me Zinn/[name_u]Zia[/name_u] don’t feel like real names…just make me think of wine :slight_smile: Like another poster, I was going to suggest [name_f]Zelda[/name_f] - unique but not too unusual. [name_f]Zelda[/name_f] [name_u]Winter[/name_u] sounds awesome to me and [name_u]Winter[/name_u] seems to be a good counterpart to [name_m]Atlas[/name_m] as middle names. I also love [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]!

[name_f]Gemma[/name_f]
[name_f]Clover[/name_f]
Sia
[name_f]Ayla[/name_f]
[name_f]Willa[/name_f]

[name_m]Stellan[/name_m] and [name_u]Winter[/name_u] are just amazing together.

I love [name_f]Clementine[/name_f], [name_f]Xia[/name_f] or [name_f]Zelie[/name_f].

I love [name_u]Winter[/name_u]! But I also love [name_m]Stellan[/name_m], it’s on my name list! You have GREAT taste!!

I like previous suggestions of [name_u]Juniper[/name_u], [name_f]Olive[/name_f], and [name_f]Poppy[/name_f]

Some names and combos I’d like to throw in are:

[name_f]Lenora[/name_f] [name_u]Winter[/name_u]
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_f]Clementine[/name_f]/[name_u]Ruby[/name_u]
[name_f]Maisie[/name_f] [name_f]Clementine[/name_f]
[name_f]Thea[/name_f] [[name_u]Winter[/name_u]?]

I think [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] goes really well with [name_m]Stellan[/name_m] and has a great meaning.

Other ideas:
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f]
[name_f]Isadora[/name_f]
[name_f]Luna[/name_f]
[name_f]Lyra[/name_f]
[name_f]Danica[/name_f]
[name_u]Harmony[/name_u]
[name_u]Indigo[/name_u]
[name_f]Astrid[/name_f]
[name_f]Gwendolen[/name_f]
[name_f]Junia[/name_f]
[name_f]Peridot[/name_f]
[name_f]Zenobia[/name_f]
[name_f]Zinnia[/name_f]
[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Isolde[/name_f]/[name_f]Yseult[/name_f]
[name_f]Rowena[/name_f]
[name_f]Lettice[/name_f]
[name_f]Arabella[/name_f]
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f]
[name_f]Olive[/name_f]
[name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Ursula[/name_f]
[name_f]Hermione[/name_f]
[name_f]Carys[/name_f]
[name_f]Leonie[/name_f]/[name_f]Leona[/name_f]
[name_f]Andromeda[/name_f]
[name_f]Eve[/name_f]
[name_u]Vesper[/name_u]
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f]
[name_f]Cosima[/name_f]
[name_f]Gaia[/name_f]
[name_f]Sunniva[/name_f]
[name_u]Echo[/name_u]
[name_f]Minerva[/name_f]
[name_f]Althea[/name_f]
[name_f]Sybilla[/name_f]
[name_f]Margot[/name_f]
[name_u]Vega[/name_u]
[name_f]Elodie[/name_f]
[name_f]Opal[/name_f]
[name_f]Fleur[/name_f]
[name_f]Sabrina[/name_f]
[name_f]Thisbe[/name_f]
[name_f]Enid[/name_f]
[name_f]Ivy[/name_f]

Here are my thoughts:

[name_f]Stella[/name_f] - that would be silly

[name_u]Ruby[/name_u] - love it
[name_u]Ruby[/name_u] [name_u]Winter[/name_u] is a pretty combo but…

[name_u]Winter[/name_u] - not keen on it as a first name AND you are having her in the [name_f]Spring[/name_f]

Zinn - like it as a nn to [name_f]Zinnia[/name_f]

[name_f]Isla[/name_f] - [name_f]Isla[/name_f] doesn’t seem common to me, it seems trendy. My issue with [name_f]Isla[/name_f] is that it is a name that became known due to actress [name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_m]Fisher[/name_m]. [name_m]Stellan[/name_m] is a unique name that became known due to actor [name_m]Stellan[/name_m] Skarsgård.

You might like:

[name_f]Tallulah[/name_f]
[name_f]Delilah[/name_f]
[name_f]Delphine[/name_f]
[name_f]Marceline[/name_f]
[name_f]Primrose[/name_f]
[name_f]Brynn[/name_f]
[name_u]Arden[/name_u]
[name_f]Aria[/name_f]
[name_f]Vala[/name_f]
[name_u]Vida[/name_u]/[name_f]Vita[/name_f]
[name_u]Vesper[/name_u]
[name_f]Hester[/name_f]

[name_m]Stellan[/name_m] [name_m]Atlas[/name_m] and [name_m]Altair[/name_m] [name_u]Winter[/name_u]
[name_m]Stellan[/name_m] [name_m]Atlas[/name_m] and [name_f]Cameo[/name_f] [name_f]Celeste[/name_f]
Stellar [name_m]Atlas[/name_m] and [name_f]Aster[/name_f] [name_f]Clementine[/name_f]
[name_m]Stellan[/name_m] [name_m]Atlas[/name_m] and Isley [name_u]Winter[/name_u]
[name_m]Stellan[/name_m] [name_m]Atlas[/name_m] and [name_u]Seren[/name_u] [name_u]Winter[/name_u]
[name_m]Stellan[/name_m] Altas and [name_f]Delphi[/name_f] [name_f]Zinnia[/name_f]
[name_m]Stellan[/name_m] [name_m]Atlas[/name_m] and [name_u]Lake[/name_u] [name_f]Aurora[/name_f]
[name_m]Stellan[/name_m] [name_m]Atlas[/name_m] and [name_f]Zanna[/name_f] [name_f]Celeste[/name_f]
[name_m]Stellan[/name_m] [name_m]Atlas[/name_m] and [name_f]Emerald[/name_f] [name_u]Ray[/name_u]
[name_m]Stellan[/name_m] [name_m]Atlas[/name_m] and [name_f]Fia[/name_f] [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]

[name_m]Stellan[/name_m] [name_m]Atlas[/name_m] is a great name! I’d like to suggest [name_f]Oona[/name_f] or [name_f]Arielle[/name_f] for you.