So my nan just called...

… To tell me that her next door neighbour has given birth to a baby girl ‘[name_m]Tiger[/name_m]-[name_f]Lily[/name_f]’ who joins big sister ‘[name_u]Bo[/name_u]-[name_f]Star[/name_f]’.

I’m still in shock.

The name of the family dog (incase you are wondering)… [name_u]Sasha[/name_u]!

Oh man.

[name_u]Love[/name_u] it how my grandmother has the same sense of humour as me though!

I have some questions?

[name_m]How[/name_m] old are these parents? Are they on drugs?

Is the dog [name_u]Sasha[/name_u] the most sensible one in the house?

It boggles the mind.

I like [name_f]Tigerlily[/name_f] actually. :frowning:

I don’t think I could really use it, but I like it.

[name_m]Tiger[/name_m]-[name_f]Lily[/name_f] doesn’t really bother me- her sister’s name is the real kicker here.

[name_u]Bo[/name_u]-[name_f]Star[/name_f]??

Well, I like the dog’s name.

[name_u]Bo[/name_u]-[name_f]Star[/name_f]?? Seriously?! [name_m]Tiger[/name_m]-[name_f]Lily[/name_f] is slightly better but …oh dear.
At least the dog has a nice name?! O.o

That’s… just bizarre. O_o

Hahahahahaha ‘are they on drugs?’ was also my first thought, although it was phrased more like 'what on earth are those people smoking?!" in my mind.

[name_f]My[/name_f] father’s boss’ sister named her daughter [name_m]Tiger[/name_m]-[name_f]Lily[/name_f] too!

A friend of mine just named her baby girl Birdsong too.

Oh dear : (

The biggest problem with [name_u]Bo[/name_u]-star is it sounds like Boaster. Like Boast. Which isn’t very nice. [name_f]Tigerlily[/name_f] would have been much better

I’m strangely not offended by [name_m]Tiger[/name_m]-[name_f]Lily[/name_f]… but [name_u]Bo[/name_u]-[name_f]Star[/name_f]? What even is that?

[name_f]Tigerlily[/name_f] has a strong pop-culture reference (a problematic reference that perpetuates the trend of victimizing native women, but it’s a strong reference all the same) and is a pretty flower. I think [name_m]Bob[/name_m] Geldoff has a step-daughter called [name_m]Tiger[/name_m] [name_f]Lily[/name_f] too?

[name_u]Sasha[/name_u] is pretty. Ha.

I toyed with [name_f]Tigerlily[/name_f] NN [name_f]Tilly[/name_f]. If it wasn’t for damned [name_m]Peter[/name_m] [name_m]Pan[/name_m] I could enjoy it as just an image of a hardy, joyful, cheerful orange flower.

I’ve heard more and more people talking about [name_u]Bo[/name_u]/[name_m]Beau[/name_m] for a girl, but I don’t really like it.

[name_u]Sasha[/name_u] and [name_f]Heidi[/name_f] I only like on dogs.

[name_f]Tigerlily[/name_f] has always been a huge gp for me, but I agree with EVERYONE about [name_u]Bo[/name_u]-[name_f]Star[/name_f]!! That poor child! Suddenly my “out there” names feel much more do-able!
I like [name_u]Sasha[/name_u] :slight_smile:

…Im curious what they would name a boy?? O_o

yeah, I like [name_f]Tigerlily[/name_f]! I would never name my kid that but I really like it :slight_smile:
[name_u]Bo[/name_u]-[name_f]Star[/name_f] though…

[name_f]Tigerlily[/name_f] is okayish. As in, it could certainly be worse. I don’t like [name_m]Tiger[/name_m]-[name_f]Lily[/name_f] at all and [name_u]Bo[/name_u]-[name_f]Star[/name_f] seems silly (I swear there’s a reference to this one floating around in my head, I just can’t think of what it is).