So stuck …

We’re so stuck on girl names ! We have a small list of names we think we like but nothing has caught us with that “That’s the name!” feeling yet.

[name_f]My[/name_f] daughters name is [name_f]Alivia[/name_f] and as soon as I saw her name I absolutely fell in love and there was no changing it. I really want that feeling again with this baby. I love names like [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] and [name_f]Amaya[/name_f] but feel they are way too close to [name_f]Alivia[/name_f] to be usable.

Dad is from Spain so very open to names that highlight that! Dad likes more trendy names and I adore older names

Our current list

[name_f]Sophia[/name_f] ( this one is one we can’t seem to let go!)
[name_f]Scottlyn[/name_f] ( I love [name_u]Holland[/name_u] as well )
[name_u]Cleo[/name_u] ( I don’t love short names but [name_u]Cleo[/name_u] just sounds so sweet )
[name_u]Raven[/name_u] ( I’m so iffy on this one )

I adore [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] as a middle name. And just as a reference our boy name we have picked is [name_u]Harlan[/name_u] [name_m]Matteo[/name_m] [name_m]Richard[/name_m] L ( [name_m]Richard[/name_m] is a family name and still deciding on which middle name will come first).

Suggestions ??

1 Like

[name_u]Vega[/name_u]
[name_f]Valentina[/name_f]
[name_f]Alejandra[/name_f]
[name_f]Adriana[/name_f]
Enara
[name_f]Celia[/name_f]
[name_f]India[/name_f]
[name_f]Martina[/name_f]
[name_f]Triana[/name_f]
[name_f]Violeta[/name_f]
[name_f]Sofía[/name_f] (Spanish version of Sophia)

Hello!

If alliterative (but not too close):

[name_f]Adelina[/name_f]
[name_f]Alondra[/name_f]
[name_f]Araceli[/name_f]
[name_f]Antonina[/name_f]

If not:

[name_f]Marisol[/name_f]
[name_f]Lola[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucia[/name_f]
[name_f]Idonia[/name_f]
[name_f]Jordana[/name_f]
[name_u]Sierra[/name_u]
[name_f]Solana[/name_f]

Hopefully these help! :slight_smile:

I do like [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] with [name_f]Alivia[/name_f] a lot!

Some other ideas:

[name_f]Alivia[/name_f] and [name_f]Carolina[/name_f]
[name_f]Alivia[/name_f] and [name_f]Natalia[/name_f]
[name_f]Alivia[/name_f] and [name_f]Cosima[/name_f]
[name_f]Alivia[/name_f] and [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f]

[name_f]Calliope[/name_f] sprang to mind first!

Others…

[name_u]Cielo[/name_u]
[name_f]Selena[/name_f]
[name_f]Lilia[/name_f]
[name_f]Bianca[/name_f]
[name_f]Capri[/name_f]
[name_f]Anahi[/name_f]
[name_f]Solana[/name_f]
[name_f]Marisol[/name_f]
[name_u]Vida[/name_u]
[name_u]Indie[/name_u]
[name_f]Baya[/name_f]
[name_f]Raya[/name_f] / [name_f]Soraya[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliana[/name_f]
[name_f]Paloma[/name_f]
[name_f]Cassia[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucia[/name_f]
[name_f]Noelia[/name_f]

From your current list, I definitely think [name_u]Cleo[/name_u] fits best as a sister to [name_f]Alivia[/name_f], and makes the most sense in the context of your husband being from Spain (easiest to translate/pronounce).

Other ideas:

[name_f]Amara[/name_f]
[name_f]Amiyah[/name_f]
[name_f]Ana[/name_f]
[name_f]Ariana[/name_f]
[name_f]Ashlynn[/name_f]
[name_u]Carmen[/name_u]
[name_u]Dani[/name_u]
[name_f]Elaina[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliana[/name_f]
[name_f]Elsa[/name_f]
[name_f]Eva[/name_f]
[name_f]Inez[/name_f]
[name_f]Lana[/name_f]
[name_f]Lola[/name_f]
[name_u]Maria[/name_u]
[name_f]Norah[/name_f]
[name_f]Selina[/name_f]
[name_f]Victoria[/name_f]
[name_f]Zoey[/name_f]

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_u]Cleo[/name_u] for you!!

I’ll throw in the suggestions of:

[name_f]Junia[/name_f]
[name_f]Marina[/name_f]
[name_f]Melina[/name_f]
[name_f]Clara[/name_f]
[name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
[name_f]Sapphira[/name_f]
[name_f]Sapphire[/name_f]
[name_f]Elara[/name_f]
[name_f]Embla[/name_f]
[name_f]Adelaide[/name_f]
[name_f]Delphine[/name_f]
[name_f]Mirabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Cassia[/name_f]

[name_u]Cleo[/name_u] seems to fit the bill!

[name_f]Alivia[/name_f] and [name_u]Cleo[/name_u] [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] would be great sisters!

Hmm you’ve got quite a mix:

Sophia makes Alivia more like a swish Olivia (so traditional and international, will age the best of your choices); Scotlyn emphasises the creative spelling of Alivia and gives fun, modern southern Belle; Raven makes Alivia darker, arty and at least a little goth; and Holland and Cleo make Alivia seem fresh and hip. I like Sophia & Cleo myself - or else Holland. Sofia might be more in keeping with Alivia than Sophia. Alivia & Sofia look more similar, style wise.

So maybe thinking more about the vibe you’re going for and family culture you have (in addition to Spanish).

Here are a mix of those sorts of names (Spanish where can):

Brynlee
Joelle
Isolde
Chiara
Luisa
Reina
Juliet
Paloma
Zara
Inés (a fave!)
Stella
Camila
Blanca
Bianca
Noa
Valeria
Maren
Savannah
Chloe
Sierra
Yara
Zoe

I especially like (in no particular order): Sofia, Holland, Cleo, Ines, Bianca, Paloma, Reina, Zara or Zoe! But I like all of these with Alivia depending on what vibe you’re going for. Hope this helps?! :dizzy:

Thank you for the suggestions !(: we’ve considered [name_f]Sofia[/name_f] spelling wise, I’m in the fence about it

Hello!

Thank you so much for the suggestions (: We have talked about [name_u]Sierra[/name_u] but found we like [name_f]Sienna[/name_f] better but still not 100% sure

I love the two together !! [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] is the name that we just can’t seem to let go of but I just have a hard time with it being so common

I love [name_f]Natalia[/name_f], dad hates it sadly :frowning:

[name_f]Calliope[/name_f] is one I’ve considered but struggle with, I adore [name_f]Callie[/name_f] though!

[name_f]Bianca[/name_f] is one I’ve mentioned but neither of us love

[name_f]Selena[/name_f] is one I may mention!

Thank you!(:

1 Like

Ahh there’s a few I really like from your list!

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Elaina[/name_f] :two_hearts:

Really like [name_f]Norah[/name_f]

[name_f]Amara[/name_f] and [name_f]Ariana[/name_f] we’ve considered! I still like [name_f]Ariana[/name_f]

[name_f]Eliana[/name_f] is beautiful but it’s used in the family already

[name_u]Carmen[/name_u] is a maybe!

1 Like

Thank you!(: [name_u]Cleo[/name_u] is one I never thought I’d like but I’m finding I love!!

We’ve thought about [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] but dad doesn’t care for it sadly :confused: I love the older feel of it. Not crazy about [name_f]Addie[/name_f] though as a nickname. We have talked about [name_f]Adele[/name_f] as a middle name though!

1 Like

I never thought about [name_u]Cleo[/name_u] Sophia!! [name_u]Baby[/name_u] will probably have to middle names so even though I’m not crazy flow wise it can definitely work with a second middle name that fixes the flow !(:

This is the issue!!! I love the differences each sib set would have. [name_f]My[/name_f] top two for that reason are probably [name_u]Cleo[/name_u] and [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] … I think lol. It’s so hard because I love the edge each set has. But at the same time I want each one to have their own wow factor

We’ve considered [name_f]Sofia[/name_f] spelling wise and for some reason I struggle with the look of it.

I really like [name_f]Brynlee[/name_f] oddly enough!

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Luisa[/name_f] as a middle name

[name_f]Camila[/name_f] is one I’ll bring up but need to think about more

Thank you so much for the suggestions !!(:

1 Like

Interesting, I’ve never seen it spelled with an A before. Is Alivia a Spanish form of Olivia?
Some pairings that may sound nice with it are (asterisks for my favorites with it):
Sofia
Lenore or Lenora
Pilar
Paloma
Celine or Celina
Lola
Lilia or Lilianna
Lilah
Emilia
Lesi
Mayja
Marisol
Isabella
Araceli
Eloisa
Aurelia
Felicia
Isla
Juliette or Julietta
Leticia / Leti
Freya
Corinne or Corina
Cecily
*Cecilia
Helene or Helena
Lucia or Lucy
Luisetta
Etta or Ella
May
*Cora
Estee
*Ava
Nina
Neve
Noemi
Petra
Seraphina
Tia
Vivienne / Vivi
*Zara

However, its always been my philosophy to go with the names you love and not let someone else, or someone else’s name, entirely drive this one. And the more you stick to.your gut, the less chance there is for regret. How many chances do we get to do this anyway? Follow whats in your heart, thats what this next child deserves just like the first one had, and not have one determine the other. While of course it makes sense to want the two names to flow, these are two individuals, and there are no hard rules. And, all of your ideas are nice choices, and not so far off from Alivia anyway. You just arent used to hearing them together yet, but in time, once she is here, it will become natural to you.
Perhaps it would help to take a break for a bit, clear your mind and not think about names at all. Then, when you are ready to come back to it, only think of names for 2nd baby (as if it were your first) without trying Alivia’s name alongside it at all. Doing this may allow the name to come easier to you or help ease some of the pressure. Then, maybe you’ll find or “hear” the name for your second that really speaks to you or keeps coming back to you. Only after you’ve done that for awhile, bring Alivia’s name back into mind and try it next to it. -Or don’t. Either is fine!
And also know its even ok to go to the hospital with some top ideas in mind but wait until you meet her to make it official. Sometimes upon seeing them you just “know.”
It is so easy and natural for us to overthink names because they are so important to us and we feel a sense of responsibility to them, but you have a great start, you will get there and it will be beautiful. Congrats Mama! Its so fun having sisters!

[name_f]Diana[/name_f]
[name_f]Clara[/name_f]
[name_f]Emilia[/name_f]
Serephina
[name_f]Isabella[/name_f]
[name_f]Bella[/name_f]
[name_u]Maria[/name_u]
[name_f]Camellia[/name_f]
[name_f]Lydia[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucia[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanora[/name_f]
[name_f]Elaina[/name_f]