SO tired of Aiden!!!

My husband’s friend just had a baby boy and they named him [name]Aaden[/name]. My friend just found out she’s having a boy and she and her husband picked [name]Aiden[/name].

My step sister just had a baby girl and she named her [name]Isabella[/name].

All in one week! COME ON PEOPLE!!! Get creative… I’m so tired of all the Aidens. It’s not a bad name, but EVERYONE is picking it and acting like it’s so unique. It’s NOT.

Sorry, had to vent :wink:

My only issue with [name]Aidan[/name] is that people seem to take quite a bit of poetic license with the spelling. [name]Aidan[/name] is the Irish original, and I actually like this name, but I can do without the [name]Ayden[/name]/[name]Aaden[/name]/[name]Aidyn[/name], etc. spellings.

^^ Ditto.

[name]Aidan[/name] is an absolutely lovely name, but yes… it’s ridiculously overused. Perhaps it’ll settle into ‘classic’ status eventually, but for now, it feels trendy and overdone.

I agree! It’s become so tiresome! Bleh. :x

It wouldn’t be so bad if anyone could actually spell it correctly.

I actually don’t know that many Aidens. I am tired of [name]Jackson[/name].

I agree with triceratops. The endless spellings really irk me more than anything! :roll:

I feel the same way- I have no problem with [name]Aidan[/name] or [name]Isabella[/name], but I do roll my eyes at [name]Aaden[/name], [name]Izabella[/name], and girls named Elliette. But, to each his own I suppose.

It’s gotten to the point where as long as the name is spelled correctly I’m happy. I only know a couple of boys with the [name]Aidan[/name] variant names. [name]Jackson[/name] and [name]Jacob[/name] are the boys names I’m most tired of.

Yeah, it’s the spelling variations that really kill the name. If everyone would just spell it [name]Aidan[/name], or I’d even be ok with [name]Aiden[/name] then it would be a perfectly nice, albeit overused, name like [name]Ethan[/name] or [name]Noah[/name]. But the Aydens, Aadans, Aidyns, along with Bradens, Kadans, and Jaydyns have really ruined it and will keep a nice Irish name from every becoming a classic.

Oh yes, I completely agree, all the way, girls! :mrgreen: I also feel like it’s sort of cheap when parents do that, pulling “[name]Jorja[/name]” of a beautiful, classic name…