SO WHICH NAMEBERRY NAME DID YOU PICK?

Since such a nice number of you said on the survey that nameberry was your prime source for choosing a name, we’re naturally curious about what the name was. [name]Hope[/name] you’ll tell us!

[name]Dashiell[/name]! Actually I first saw this name when it was the title of the literary names chapter in Cool Names for Babies. I used to go to the bookstore and read that book (before I decided to just buy it! I was shy about my name obsession in those days). Your good rating of it certainly boosted my opinion of it, as did all the people on namberry who endorsed it! Thanks guys!

This is super embarrassing, but a couple of names from my original list were [name]Zavid[/name], [name]Rock[/name], and [name]Merlin[/name]!!! What was I THINKING???

Thanks, nameberry!

Not having ready access to your wonderful books here in [name]England[/name], it has mainly been the amazing posters on the Nameberry boards who have helped me in my name quest - I think it was [name]Susan[/name] who suggested [name]Cyrus[/name], which became one of [name]Raffy[/name]'s middle names. Other posters encouraged me to go with [name]Frances[/name] and [name]Sofia[/name] for [name]Rosie[/name]'s middles, and reading the boards brought [name]Jasper[/name], which we chose for our other son, back to my attention.

And now they are helping all over again, with names for our twins!

[name]Laura[/name] - one of the few names my husband and I could agree on. In addition to being a name that we both always liked, I was comfortable with it primarily based on [name]Pam[/name] and [name]Linda[/name]'s books (it was on all of the ‘right’ lists), but also love to see the feedback it gets on the website. If had been only up to me, we would have used [name]Chloe[/name], [name]Paige[/name], [name]Lila[/name], [name]Juliet[/name], [name]Cara[/name], or [name]Nina[/name].

All gratifyingly great choices!

Twinkle, I’m pretty sure I did suggest [name]Cyrus[/name] to you. So glad that you love it and used it as a middle name. [name]Cyrus[/name] is very handsome and unique!

[name]Linda[/name], I think I used one of your baby books to name my daughter [name]Laura[/name]. I borrowed a book from one of my friends which I’m quite sure was an early [name]Pam[/name] and [name]Linda[/name] book. I really enjoyed it because instead of just listing names alphabetically, there were clever comments about each name. [name]Laura[/name] was born in 1991. Did you have any books published at that time? If it was one of your books that I perused in my pregnant state, you guys had great things to say about both [name]Laura[/name] and [name]Elizabeth[/name], the two names we named our daughter.

Oh I forgot! Nameberry is entirely the reason we gave my son two middles names. It had never even occurred to me to before, but so many people on here have/gave their kids two middles that I really started to love it. I never realized how strongly influenced I was by everyone here, but there you have it!