Sofia, Luca & ??? (boy)

[name]Hi[/name]!

I’m still struggling with a name for our 3rd (baby boy). Ooooo, names are so hard for me! Our last name is Italian and we have a slight Italian flavor with our first 2 ([name]Sofia[/name] & [name]Luca[/name]). An Italian name for our 3rd would be fine but I just don’t want anything too “flowery” and fussy so I’m trying to not restrict us to Italian names only. Here are the names I have so far (in no particular order)

[name]Sofia[/name], [name]Luca[/name] & [name]Gabe[/name] ([name]Gabriel[/name])
[name]Sofia[/name], [name]Luca[/name] & [name]Milo[/name]
[name]Sofia[/name], [name]Luca[/name] & [name]Jonah[/name]
[name]Sofia[/name], [name]Luca[/name] & [name]Leo[/name]
[name]Sofia[/name], [name]Luca[/name] & [name]Flynn[/name]
[name]Sofia[/name], [name]Luca[/name] & [name]Leon[/name]
[name]Sofia[/name], [name]Luca[/name] & [name]Jude[/name]

Pleeeeeease let me have any other suggestions!!! My husband liked [name]Rocco[/name] but I hate that, I liked [name]Max[/name] but my husband hated that so that’s out too. I’m not keen on [name]Matteo[/name] either.

Thanks Nameberriers!

I love [name]Gabe[/name] and [name]Gabriel[/name] , i think it sounds wonderful; [name]Sofia[/name] and [name]Luca[/name] and [name]Gabe[/name] or if you call them [name]Sofie[/name], [name]Luc[/name] ,and [name]Gabe[/name] that’s cute too!!! Thats my choice~Good [name]Luck[/name]! (:

I was going to suggest [name]Milo[/name] but then I realized it was already on your list. [name]Sofia[/name], [name]Luca[/name], and [name]Milo[/name] are perfect together!

I [name]LOVE[/name] your list and your older childrens’ names- you have great taste! In the end, it came down to what sounds best with your other two. [name]Leo[/name] and [name]Leon[/name] seem a little tongue-twistery with [name]Luca[/name]. I would avoid another name that ends in an a sound, so I’m not a fan of [name]Jonah[/name]. I don’t like the assonance of [name]Luca[/name] and [name]Jude[/name]. [name]Sofia[/name] and [name]Luca[/name] have a decidedly Italian vibe, and [name]Flynn[/name] seems Irish, so he’d seem like the odd one out. So that leaves [name]Milo[/name] and [name]Gabriel[/name]. I think they’re both great and fantastic with [name]Sofia[/name] and [name]Luca[/name]. If you’re still looking for suggestions, I’d say:
[name]Raphael[/name] (Italian and Biblical sounding, which seems to be your thing)
[name]Anthony[/name]
[name]Nico[/name] (Maybe as a nickname for [name]Nicholas[/name] or Niccolo?)
[name]Vincent[/name] (nn [name]Vin[/name]- sounds like [name]Flynn[/name] but not so Irish)
[name]Giosue[/name] (zha-SWAY)
[name]Elias[/name]
[name]Dominic[/name]
[name]Damon[/name]
[name]Marco[/name]
[name]Benjamin[/name]

Thanks so much for your replies!! It really helps a lot.

I think you should avoid another name ending in “a” or the same initial (sigh, I love [name]Leo[/name] but not with [name]Luca[/name]). [name]Sofia[/name], [name]Luca[/name] & [name]Milo[/name] are a gorgeous trio! Here are some other suggestions with my faves in bold. All the best!
[name]Dante[/name]
[name]Aldo[/name]
[name]Cosimo[/name]
[name]Elio[/name]
[name]Francesco[/name]
[name]Giacomo[/name]
[name]Matteo[/name]
[name]Paolo[/name]
[name]Orlando[/name]
[name]Pietro[/name] / [name]Piero[/name]
[name]Mauro[/name]
[name]Cesare[/name]
[name]Massimo[/name]
[name]Tomasso[/name]
[name]Stefano[/name]
[name]Marco[/name]
[name]Enzo[/name]
[name]Carlo[/name]
[name]Amadeo[/name]

Have you thought of [name]Carmelo[/name]? I’d agree with the other Berries about avoiding another “-a” ending and having the same initials (so pass on [name]Leo[/name] and other S-names). There’s a few out there such as [name]Caruso[/name], [name]Claudio[/name], and the like since I see a good flow with S, L, C initials. Why don’t you look at some Spanish and French boys’ names as well? A [name]Romance[/name] language theme could be expanded and wouldn’t limit you to simply Italian names.

I haven’t seen anyone else here rooting for it, but…I really like [name]Sofia[/name], [name]Luca[/name], and [name]Jude[/name] together. :slight_smile: A lot of the other ones sound too similar to one another for me, I guess, and [name]Jude[/name] just has a nice “pop” to it. :slight_smile:

My favourite is [name]Sofia[/name], [name]Luca[/name] & [name]Gabe[/name]/[name]Gabriel[/name]…however, [name]Sofia[/name], [name]Luca[/name] & [name]Milo[/name] is a really close second for me.