Softer sounding baby boy name with lovely meaning

Help! I’m 37wks and my husband and I are re-thinking our name choice!

We’ve been planning on [name_m]Judah[/name_m] (means praised), but my husband feels there is a better choice for us… He thinks [name_m]Judah[/name_m] is a little too biblical. Before [name_m]Judah[/name_m], we were thinking of [name_m]Caleb[/name_m] (means faithful). The ‘b’ sound is a little harsh, though - I like the smoothness of [name_m]JudAH[/name_m]. Now we’re wondering about [name_u]Noah[/name_u] (also biblical, means comfort) or [name_u]Evan[/name_u] (we both prefer [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] to [name_u]Evan[/name_u], and may want to name a future daughter this).

Any sweet baby boy name suggestions with nice meanings? Or thoughts on [name_m]Judah[/name_m], [name_m]Caleb[/name_m], [name_u]Noah[/name_u]? Thanks!!!

I’ve never really liked [name_m]Judah[/name_m], I prefer [name_u]Jude[/name_u]. [name_m]Caleb[/name_m] i’m neutral about but a nice choice nonetheless. [name_u]Noah[/name_u] is a solid choice but for me it’s a bit overused.

[name_m]Felix[/name_m] (happy, fortunate)
[name_m]Asher[/name_m] (also means happy, fortunate)
[name_m]Simon[/name_m] (listener)
[name_m]Wyatt[/name_m] (brave in war)
[name_m]Abel[/name_m] (breath)
[name_u]Micah[/name_u] (who is like the lord)
[name_m]Jared[/name_m] (he descends)
[name_m]Bodhi[/name_m] (awakening, enlightenment)
[name_m]Noam[/name_m] (pleasant, charm, tender)
[name_m]Sol[/name_m] (sun)

I much prefer [name_u]Jude[/name_u] to [name_m]Judah[/name_m], but I do like the ‘uh’ ending for boys more generally. I think [name_u]Jude[/name_u] feels a little less biblical, too, perhaps because of the association with [name_u]Jude[/name_u] [name_m]Law[/name_m] and also the Beatles’ song.

Other suggestions:

[name_u]Asa[/name_u] (‘born in the morning’)
[name_u]Ira[/name_u] (‘watchful one’)
[name_m]Jonah[/name_m] (‘dove’)
[name_m]Ezra[/name_m] (‘help’)
[name_u]Sasha[/name_u] (‘defender of mankind’)
[name_u]Misha[/name_u] (‘who is like God’)
[name_m]Dashiell[/name_m] (meaning unknown, but I think it has a lovely soft sound)
[name_m]Hugh[/name_m] (‘heart, mind, spirit’)
[name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] (‘immortal’)
[name_u]Beau[/name_u] (‘beautiful’)
[name_m]Casper[/name_m]/[name_m]Jasper[/name_m] (‘treasurer’)
[name_u]Ellis[/name_u] (‘kind, benevolent’)
[name_m]Julian[/name_m]/[name_u]Jules[/name_u] (‘youthful’)
Joash (‘fire of Yahweh/God’/‘Yahweh/God has given’)
[name_m]Miles[/name_m]/[name_m]Milo[/name_m] (‘gracious, merciful’)
[name_u]Owen[/name_u] (‘well born’)
[name_u]Sage[/name_u] (associated with wisdom)
[name_m]Rafael[/name_m] (‘God has healed’)
[name_m]Sylvan[/name_m]/[name_m]Silvan[/name_m]/[name_m]Silas[/name_m] (‘forest’)
[name_m]Lucian[/name_m] (‘light’)

A lot of the nicest soft boy’s names are very biblical – I think of the ones you mentioned, as well as Seth, Ezra, Asher, and Amos. But here are a few non-biblical names I could come up with:

Amatus (‘beloved’)
Enna (‘bird-like’)
Ellis (‘kind’)
Clemens (‘merciful, gentle’)
Astor (‘hawk’)
Castor (‘to excel, to shine’)
Math (‘bear’)
Laurence (‘laurel’)
Perry (‘pear tree’)
Celyn (‘holly’)
Eirian (‘bright, beautiful’)
Ivor (‘yew, warrior’)
Rhys/Reese (‘enthusiasm’)
Taliesin (‘shining brow’)
Elouan (‘light’)
Ashley (‘ash tree clearing’)
Farley (‘fern clearing’)
Hadley (‘heather field’)
Hollis (‘holly trees’)
Ives (‘yew’)
Sage (‘wise’)
Silas/Silvius/Sylvain (‘forest’)
Thales (‘to blossom’)
Wesley (‘west meadow’)
Yasen (‘clear, serene’)

Thank you!! Some lovely suggestions :slight_smile:

[name_u]Noah[/name_u] is too soft and bangs into the last name, imo. I prefer [name_u]Jude[/name_u] or [name_m]Caleb[/name_m].

Some really good suggestions above. I also like [name_m]Callum[/name_m], [name_u]Rohan[/name_u], [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m], [name_m]Rupert[/name_m], [name_m]Cyrus[/name_m], [name_m]Isaac[/name_m], [name_m]Julian[/name_m] and [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m].