Solomon, Jude, or Jonah?

In follow up to my previous post (Finally having a baby, now at a loss), we’ve narrowed it down to 3 names:

Solomon, nn Sol - still my husband’s favourite, I still objectively think this is a great name but not sure it feels right

Jude - husband has become much more on board, an old favourite of mine

Jonah - relatively recent addition, but I like the soft sound and playful nickname potential (Jojo). Husband feels similarly to Jude.

Middle name will be a 1 syllable place name that is meaningful to both of us, so Jude would have my father in law’s name (Stephen) as an additional middle name so the flow isn’t off. We do prefer one middle name, so that’s another consideration.

So berries, what do you think?

• Solomon
  • Jude
  • Jonah

0 voters

I love [name_u]Jude[/name_u] personally!

I love [name_u]Jonah[/name_u] and [name_u]Jude[/name_u], [name_m]Solomon[/name_m] personally always reminds me of the word [name_u]Salmon[/name_u] :see_no_evil::fish:

I love [name_m]Solomon[/name_m]! Very familiar to most Americans but not too common.

[name_f]My[/name_f] second choice would be [name_u]Jonah[/name_u], then [name_u]Jude[/name_u]. I’ve always preferred [name_u]Judah[/name_u] to [name_u]Jude[/name_u], but [name_u]Jude[/name_u] ___ [name_m]Stephen[/name_m] flows very nicely. Any of them would be a great choice!

Honestly, all of these are wonderful! I think [name_u]Jonah[/name_u] is my favourite!

These are all three lovely options! [name_u]Jude[/name_u] would be my personal pick in the abstract, but if it requires a double middle and you don’t prefer that, [name_u]Jonah[/name_u] is my runner up! :yellow_heart:

[name_u]Jonah[/name_u] is my favourite and I like the nickname potential :slight_smile:

[name_u]Jude[/name_u] is my favourite (although I’m biased, it’s my son’s name). [name_f]My[/name_f] second pick is Jonah.!