Solveig or Augusta...or something else?

My SO and i are about TTC, and we both are very fond of vintage names that’s been well used here in [name_u]Sweden[/name_u].
For girls our favorites are [name_f]Solveig[/name_f] and [name_f]Augusta[/name_f]. We also (for now) like [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f], [name_f]Bernadette[/name_f], [name_f]Agatha[/name_f], [name_f]Lydia[/name_f], [name_f]Lovisa[/name_f] and [name_f]Edith[/name_f].

Which one/which ones would you use and why? And if you have other suggestions we would love to have them.

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Oh, what lovely names! I really think they’re all great. I wouldn’t use [name_f]Solveig[/name_f] or [name_f]Lovisa[/name_f] personally, just because they’re very unusual in my country, but obviously not so in [name_u]Sweden[/name_u]. I think they’re beautiful! [name_f]Edith[/name_f] is my no. 1 from your list, and I’d use it myself if it didn’t sound strange with my surname. I love that it is relatively nickname proof (although [name_f]Edie[/name_f] is a cute nickname, it’s way too popular as a given name in my country) and falls into that vintage but ready for a comeback category I’m so fond of. [name_f]Augusta[/name_f], [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f], [name_f]Bernadette[/name_f] and [name_f]Agatha[/name_f] all have great nickname options if that’s something you like … Auggie, [name_u]Gus[/name_u], [name_f]Willa[/name_f], [name_f]Mina[/name_f], [name_u]Bernie[/name_u], [name_f]Etta[/name_f], [name_f]Aggie[/name_f] etc. I love that they’re all really strong names and not super popular.

I love [name_f]Augusta[/name_f], [name_f]Agatha[/name_f], [name_f]Lydia[/name_f], and [name_f]Edith[/name_f], and I [name_f]ADORE[/name_f] [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f]!

Oh my, you have a fantastic list! [name_f]Solveig[/name_f] and [name_f]Lydia[/name_f] immediately jump out to me as favorites: Refined, meaningful, vintage, and striking. [name_f]Augusta[/name_f], [name_f]Agatha[/name_f], and [name_f]Lovisa[/name_f] are wonderful as well.

[name_f]Sabine[/name_f]/[name_f]Sabina[/name_f]
[name_f]Saskia[/name_f]
[name_f]Soleil[/name_f]
[name_u]Vega[/name_u]/[name_f]Vita[/name_f]
[name_f]Teodora[/name_f]
[name_f]Terese[/name_f]
[name_f]Elowen[/name_f]/[name_f]Elouera[/name_f]
[name_f]Linnea[/name_f]
[name_f]Antonia[/name_f]
[name_f]Allegra[/name_f]
[name_f]Winifred[/name_f]
[name_f]Noemi[/name_f]/Noémie
[name_f]Eugenia[/name_f]/[name_f]Eugenie[/name_f]
[name_f]Cornelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Soledad[/name_f]
[name_f]Honora[/name_f]

I absolutely love [name_f]Solveig[/name_f] and [name_f]Lovisa[/name_f], and really like [name_f]Augusta[/name_f].

I would go for [name_f]Lovisa[/name_f], personally. It’s a beautiful name, and intuitive to pronounce even if you’re not familiar with it. Also, it’s pronounced more or less the same in multiple languages, unlike some of your other options, which could be useful if you/she plans to travel a lot.

You might like [name_f]Theodora[/name_f], [name_f]Dorothea[/name_f] or [name_f]Sunniva[/name_f]?

I think Solveig is just gorgeous, and as you are somewhere where it wouldn’t be horribly mispronounced (as unfortunately it would here), and you love it so, please, use the lovely little dear!

Lovisa just has such a whimsical and romantic feel to it – she’s lovely.

I also quite like Wilhelmina (as well as potential nicknames Willa & Wim♥) which just has a lovely vintage charm to her.

Other ideas: Mathilda, Birgitta/Britta, Amelia, Ingrid, Saga, Adeta, Klara, Greta, Teresia, Ebba, Astrid, Svea, Viktoria, Sabina, Hedda & Ellinor.

I had to look up the meaning and pronunciation of [name_f]Solveig[/name_f], but now that I have I see why you love it! Thanks for introducing me to this lovely name :slight_smile:

I love [name_f]Solveig[/name_f], [name_f]Agatha[/name_f] and [name_f]Lydia[/name_f]! Although you can’t go wrong with the great list you have