Some boy combos. Help please!

this is for my UC not a real child btw but boy names are not my strength. I love my girl names and I think that’s why I find it so hard to make good boy combos. Also my boy-name style is a little all over the place.

anyway here are some combos i’ve roughly come up with. I would love to hear your thoughts!?

Arthur [name_m]Leopold[/name_m]
[name_m]Edmund[/name_m] [name_u]Willoughby[/name_u]
[name_u]Darcy[/name_u] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]
[name_m]Oscar[/name_m] [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u]
[name_m]Archie[/name_m] [name_m]Ernest[/name_m]
[name_u]Elliott[/name_u] [name_m]Oswin[/name_m]
[name_u]Laurie[/name_u] [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] (Or maybe [name_u]Laurence[/name_u])
[name_m]Caspar[/name_m] [name_m]Frederick[/name_m]
[name_m]Kitt[/name_m] [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m]
[name_m]Edwin[/name_m] [name_u]Augustine[/name_u]
[name_m]Otto[/name_m] [name_m]Wilfred[/name_m]
[name_m]Chester[/name_m] [name_u]Calloway[/name_u]
[name_u]Aubrey[/name_u] [name_u]Oliver[/name_u]
[name_u]Jude[/name_u] [name_m]Bramwell[/name_m]
[name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]Octavio[/name_m]

please tell me your honest, brutal opinions!! TIA xx

7 Likes

They’re all so handsome, soft sounding and classic.
Some of my favorites:
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]Leopold[/name_m]
[name_m]Oscar[/name_m] [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u]
[name_u]Elliott[/name_u] [name_m]Oswin[/name_m]
[name_m]Caspar[/name_m] [name_m]Frederick[/name_m]
[name_m]Kitt[/name_m] [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m]
[name_m]Otto[/name_m] [name_m]Wilfred[/name_m]

1 Like

thank you so much!! :heart:

I love these! [name_m]Archie[/name_m] [name_m]Ernest[/name_m] and [name_m]Otto[/name_m] [name_m]Wilfred[/name_m] are my favorites.

1 Like

thank you! I’m really glad that you like them :heart: I don’t feel confident with my boy list at all!

These are so beautiful! [name_m]Just[/name_m] my style.

My favourites…

Edmund [name_u]Willoughby[/name_u]: [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] is handsome and distinguished, and [name_u]Willoughby[/name_u] is fabulous!

Darcy [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]: I love seeing [name_u]Darcy[/name_u] on a boy. I’m kind of “over it” on girls at this point, as it seemed to be very popular for girls born around the same time as my eldest daughter (we met a [name_u]Darcy[/name_u], [name_f]Darcie[/name_f], [name_u]Darcey[/name_u] AND [name_f]Darci[/name_f] at various baby groups) but on a boy it feels like a totally different name to me. Very dashing and literary. [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] is beautiful.

Oscar [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u]: Again, [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] is a fabulous middle and brings a quirky element to the popular (but super handsome) [name_m]Oscar[/name_m].

Caspar [name_m]Frederick[/name_m]: This was actually our boy name for [name_f]Juno[/name_f]! I still really like it. [name_m]Caspar[/name_m] is awesome, and weirdly unusual, while [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] feels solid and sturdy.

Kitt [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m]: [name_m]Kitt[/name_m] is sweet and cool, and [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] is warm and solid. They balance each other really nicely.

Otto [name_m]Wilfred[/name_m]: [name_u]Love[/name_u] both names, love them together. This combo has a strong but also cool and quirky feel.

Chester [name_u]Calloway[/name_u]: I’m loving all these dramatic middles! [name_u]Calloway[/name_u] is wonderful, with a great jazz namesake, and [name_m]Chester[/name_m] feels both cuddly and cool in an old school way.

Aubrey [name_u]Oliver[/name_u]: [name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_u]Aubrey[/name_u] for a boy! The flow with [name_u]Oliver[/name_u] is great and both names feel soft and sweet, but substantial.

Jude [name_m]Bramwell[/name_m]: [name_m]Bramwell[/name_m] is adorable, it makes me think of the wise teddy in the Old [name_m]Bear[/name_m] books by [name_f]Jane[/name_f] Hissey. We still have my childhood edition and my kids love them too :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: [name_u]Jude[/name_u] is great: simple, laid-back and effortlessly cool.

1 Like

Thank you so much @katinka! Your opinions are really helpful and I appreciate them a lot :blush: I’m also glad you like the ‘dramatic’ middles, I really wanted to include them. I know exactly what you mean about [name_u]Darcy[/name_u], I know lots of little girls with the name and it’s spelling variants! Also so sweet that [name_m]Caspar[/name_m] was the name you would have chosen for little [name_f]Juno[/name_f]. Thanks again :heart:

1 Like

I was just thinking, if anyone else replies. What are your general thoughts on [name_u]Darcy[/name_u] for a boy? x

[name_u]Darcy[/name_u] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m], [name_m]Caspar[/name_m] [name_m]Frederick[/name_m], [name_m]Kitt[/name_m] [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m], [name_m]Otto[/name_m] [name_m]Wilfred[/name_m] and [name_m]Chester[/name_m] [name_u]Calloway[/name_u] are just brilliant! I also like [name_u]Jude[/name_u] [name_m]Bramwell[/name_m], [name_m]Archie[/name_m] [name_m]Ernest[/name_m], [name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]Octavio[/name_m], [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u], [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]Leopold[/name_m] and [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] [name_u]Willoughby[/name_u]; they are fantastic too!

1 Like

thank you!! i’m so happy you like them :blush::blush:

[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] Leopold - bold and strong

Edmund Willoughby -classic with a cute, quirky twist

Darcy Theodore - wow! Handsome ans lovely

Oscar Bellamy - literary and sweet

Archie Ernest -unexpected and cute

Elliott Oswin - soft and sweet

Laurie Atticus (Or maybe Laurence) -I think [name_u]Laurie[/name_u] :slight_smile: literary and sweet

Caspar Frederick -wow, soft, interesting and lovely

Kitt Ambrose -handsome and lovely. I really like this spelling

Edwin Augustine - handsome and sweet

Otto Wilfred - gentle and charming

Chester Calloway - unexpected and sweet

Aubrey Oliver -handsome and wonderful

Jude Bramwell - love the sounds. Masculine but soft

Henry Octavio- bold and interesting

1 Like

thank you so much!! I love the way you summarise each name, it’s really special x

Arthur [name_m]Leopold[/name_m] - very handsome! Vintage and strong.

Edmund [name_u]Willoughby[/name_u] - both strong and gentle! [name_u]Willoughby[/name_u] is so handsome and kind.

Darcy [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] - love this! I love both names and they pair perfectly together.

Oscar [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] - wonderful! I like seeing [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] for a boy and the combo flows very well.

Archie [name_m]Ernest[/name_m] - [name_m]Ernest[/name_m] is not my style, but [name_m]Archie[/name_m] is so sweet!

Elliott [name_m]Oswin[/name_m] - lovely combo! I like how it feels vintage and modern simultaneously.

Laurie [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] - love this! I’ve been adoring [name_u]Laurie[/name_u] recently and it pairs well with [name_m]Atticus[/name_m]. I like [name_u]Laurie[/name_u] [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] better than I would [name_u]Laurence[/name_u] [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] because of the shared ending sound.

Caspar [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] - very handsome. I love [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] and [name_m]Caspar[/name_m] makes a nice first name for it.

Kitt [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] - wonderful flow. I usually prefer [name_u]Kit[/name_u] with one T but I think it works here with two. [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] is also such a strong yet gentle name.

Edwin [name_u]Augustine[/name_u] - very charming! [name_m]Edwin[/name_m] is amazing and [name_u]Augustine[/name_u] is a great middle.

Otto [name_m]Wilfred[/name_m] - [name_m]Otto[/name_m] has been growing on my recently but I’m afraid [name_m]Wilfred[/name_m] is just nms. But the flow here is nice!

Chester [name_u]Calloway[/name_u] - [name_u]Calloway[/name_u] is so cool and handsome! I’ve never been a [name_m]Chester[/name_m] fan, unfortunately.

Aubrey [name_u]Oliver[/name_u] - I love seeing [name_u]Aubrey[/name_u] for a boy! I think this is such a charming and sweet name, and the flow is perfect.

Jude [name_m]Bramwell[/name_m] - Both are lovely names, though the flow feels a bit choppy to me. [name_m]Bramwell[/name_m] [name_u]Jude[/name_u] would flow nicer in my opinion (though [name_u]Jude[/name_u] [name_m]Bramwell[/name_m] isn’t all that bad, I just don’t think it flows as well as the rest of your combos.) I really like both [name_u]Jude[/name_u] and [name_m]Bramwell[/name_m]- I’m not sure if I’ve seen [name_m]Bramwell[/name_m] before but it’s very friendly sounding!

Henry [name_m]Octavio[/name_m] - I like this! [name_m]Henry[/name_m] is a wonderful classic and all of the Octav- names always sound so strong to me.

Overall I really like your list!

1 Like

thank you so much!! I really value your opinions on every name and i’m glad that you like my list in general. I can see why some names might not be everyone’s style, but that’s okay :blush:

1 Like