Some Character Names - What do you think??

(Okay, I’m new here. Someone on another name site recommended I check this site out, seems pretty decent. Let’s see how you guys do.)

I have a lot of stories, and a lot of characters, and thus a lot of names. I’ve always been curious to see what people think of them. So, I’ll list a handful of character names, and I’d really like to hear your opinions on the name, AND what sort of character you envision bearing the name! Some have last names, others still need them, open to suggestions.

Girls:
[name]Alexa[/name] [name]Caledon[/name]
[name]Jey[/name] [name]Altair[/name]
[name]Lizbeth[/name] [name]Kyle[/name]
Selona Ivans
Aetana
[name]Lilly[/name] Barrowson
[name]Lainey[/name]
[name]Rosette[/name]
[name]Marron[/name]
[name]Angelina[/name]
[name]Morgan[/name]
[name]Sophie[/name]

Boys:
[name]Shilo[/name] [name]Caledon[/name]
[name]Trey[/name] Egrett
[name]Kevin[/name] [name]Zephyr[/name] Eldroth (goes by [name]Zephyr[/name] or Z)
[name]Rian[/name] [name]Maddox[/name]
[name]Marcus[/name] Wyse
[name]Sylvester[/name] [name]Dane[/name]
Elaegar Barrowson
Syrohn
Chrey
[name]Neo[/name]
[name]Dimitre[/name]
[name]Caelan[/name]
[name]Eagle[/name]
[name]Victor[/name] (goes by [name]Vic[/name])
[name]Joseph[/name] [name]Landon[/name] (goes by [name]Joey[/name])

[name]Welcome[/name] to Nameberry then!

Girls:
[name]Alexa[/name] [name]Caledon[/name] - [name]Alexa[/name] is definately a girl with a bit of spunk (or a lot). [name]Caledon[/name] adds a softer sound, perhaps her family is respectable?
[name]Jey[/name] [name]Altair[/name] - Invisioning a tomboy. [name]Love[/name] the spelling of both names.
[name]Lizbeth[/name] [name]Kyle[/name] - [name]Lizbeth[/name] sounds girly, but in such a way that is normal, since it isn’t quite [name]Elizabeth[/name]. Perhaps ‘down to earth’?
Selona Ivans - [name]Love[/name] this name. Very unique, perhaps she is too?
Aetana - [name]Unique[/name] again. Sounds very regal too.
[name]Lilly[/name] Barrowson - Very average, with a touch of girly-ness. Last name adds to this.
[name]Lainey[/name] - [name]Love[/name] this! Sweet? Empathetic?
[name]Rosette[/name] - Sounds girly in the sense of being snobbish.
[name]Marron[/name] - Easily a tomboy since the name is unisex. Very sweet as well.
[name]Angelina[/name] - Similar to [name]Rosette[/name].
[name]Morgan[/name] - Rebellious but not over the edge.
[name]Sophie[/name] - Sweet. Honest. Humourous.

Boys:
[name]Shilo[/name] [name]Caledon[/name] - Easily workable for both genders. Suggesting sensitivity?
[name]Trey[/name] Egrett - Very up-beat. Invisioning a likeable teenager. Friendly and humourous. Egrett seems to add a harsher edge. They work against each other in my view, but perhaps they move towards something.
[name]Kevin[/name] [name]Zephyr[/name] Eldroth - This sounds almost royal. If you take out [name]Kevin[/name]. [name]Kevin[/name] seems very average. But [name]Zephyr[/name] and Eldroth had a very complex superiority.
[name]Rian[/name] [name]Maddox[/name] - [name]Love[/name] this name! Seems very much to be a likeable teenager again. [name]Maddox[/name] adds a ‘cool’ streak.
[name]Marcus[/name] Wyse - Sounds very very superior. ‘Wyse’ is given stress, which adds to the superiority. Perhaps rebellious?
[name]Sylvester[/name] [name]Dane[/name] - [name]Sylvester[/name] seems rebellious. But then you add [name]Dane[/name] and you get a softer sound. Is his family respected?
Elaegar Barrowson - First name sounds unique, surname sounds average. Perhaps he’s not too confident in himself?
Syrohn - I really love the spelling. Sounds and looks very other-wordly, almost mythical.
Chrey - Again, almost mythical.
[name]Neo[/name] - Sounds very ‘new’ and ‘cool’. Almost rebellious in a sense.
[name]Dimitre[/name] - Very artistic and attractive, and also regal in a sense. Perhaps also rebellious.
[name]Caelan[/name] - Very much like this. Has an appealing, strong ring.
[name]Eagle[/name] - Strong. [name]Unique[/name]. Sounds very much like the name for an underdog.
[name]Victor[/name] - As in victorious. Perhaps ruthless, or simply owning a desire to achieve or do great.
[name]Joseph[/name] [name]Landon[/name] - [name]Joseph[/name] sounds very regal, [name]Landon[/name]: not so much. The two work against each other in an appealing way.

I think I went a bit off track… but I made sure to say what the name seemed to mean for the character.

They’re all good names, depending on the character you write to fit them and the plot of the story. I would reserve making judgments on the validity of the names until there’s background to hold them up against. I’d hate to think anyone of us here would negatively influence one of your characters because of our interpretations of the name.

Oh, I’m not planning to change anything about the characters based on what people say. I’m just curious what sort of impressions people get from the names alone, since I think a name can influence how you think of a character right from the beginning. For example, the name [name]Raven[/name] probably brings up a somewhat darker character, dark hair, reclusive personality. The type of thing you find in a vampire story. It’s certainly not always true, though. I’m just trying to judge what sort of preimposed stereotypes my names would have. If anything proves to be constantly dramatically different than what I’m intending, I’ll consider changing the name. But for the most part, it’s just curiosity. Thanks for the feedback, though. <3

Thanks for the feedback, coffee stain. Some of your impressions match the characters surprisingly well, I wouldn’t have suspected the names said so much. It’s very interesting, especially the ones that aren’t entirely accurate. Thanks for the feedback!!

You’re very welcome, I’m glad to help! Plus I had quite a lot of fun doing it as well!