Some help please :):)

Hello, I have just stumbled across this site and it is great! I have been reading all the other posts. Anyway I have some questions of my own, we are expecting in early november.

Names I have seen quite a bit around here that I really strongly dislike are…[name]Margaret[/name] and [name]Elizabeth[/name]. I think [name]Elizabeth[/name] makes a fine middle name but as a first name I just don’t like it…
As for [name]Margaret[/name]… it will never be fresh for me. [name]Ever[/name]. [name]Hope[/name] I don’t offend anyone I just wanted you to get an idea of my taste. I’m also sick of [name]Ava[/name] [name]Sophie[/name] [name]Isabel[/name] etc. Moving on,

For girls I love

[name]Marigold[/name]
[name]Poppy[/name]
[name]Stella[/name] too popular?
[name]Violet[/name]- too popular?
[name]Lena[/name] (lee-nah)
[name]Lila[/name]- [name]LOVE[/name]… too popular?
[name]Daisy[/name]- I had a dog called this tho, so I won’t use it but I love it
[name]Luna[/name]- love a million, but is it too [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name]?? Course I would never use it with [name]Stella[/name]. I prefer [name]Luna[/name] over [name]Stella[/name]. I guess the [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name] connection isn’t that bad because I like [name]Luna[/name] Lovegood I just don’t want to be seen as copying it?
[name]Harriet[/name]- what do you think? I don’t know.
[name]Clementine[/name]- sort of.
[name]Beatrix[/name]- Soooo amazingly cute.

Can’t really think of any more girls names although there are more

Boys:
[name]Theo[/name] or [name]Theodore[/name]- [name]LOVE[/name] [name]LOVE[/name] [name]LOVE[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name]- I’ve never met one but I can see it getting popular
Also is [name]Casper[/name] too friendly-ghost?? I love [name]Casper[/name].
[name]Henry[/name]
[name]William[/name]- different to my others tho… so is [name]Henry[/name] I guess. I like the above better than these but [name]Will[/name] is so handsome.

I feel like my list is a bit all over the place. My favorites are probably [name]Luna[/name], [name]Theo[/name] and [name]Beatrix[/name].

Any suggestions appreciated!
First and middle names are fine.

I hope you can understand all this
Thanks alot!!
:smiley:

[name]Marigold[/name]- i dislike this one purely because of the association with marigold gloves
[name]Poppy[/name] is a cute one
[name]Stella[/name] i know two of these not that popular yet
[name]Violet[/name]- absolutely adorable but so popular now
[name]Lena[/name]
[name]Lila[/name]- beautiful name
[name]Daisy[/name]-Maybe as a middle name?
[name]Luna[/name]- Could be cute middle name also
[name]Harriet[/name]- I dislike and possible nn would be [name]Hattie[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name]- Ths is cute
[name]Beatrix[/name]- Think of [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Potter[/name]

Boys:
[name]Theo[/name] or [name]Theodore[/name]- Cool name
[name]Jasper[/name]- Nice take on [name]Casper[/name]
Also is [name]Casper[/name] too friendly-ghost??I think so unfortunately
[name]Henry[/name]- [name]Adore[/name] this name, classical and grown up
[name]William[/name]- [name]Will[/name] is a handsome nn

[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Luna[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name] (possibility of becoming very popular)
[name]Lila[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name] (my favourite along with name below)
[name]Luna[/name] [name]Clementine[/name]

[name]Theodore[/name] [name]William[/name] ([name]Theo[/name])
[name]Henry[/name] or [name]William[/name] [name]Jasper[/name] would be so cute

I love the suggestion of [name]Luna[/name] [name]Clementine[/name]!! I wouldn’t worry about the [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name] association. If you love the name [name]Luna[/name], go for it. Besides, [name]Luna[/name] is a very loved character for those that would make the connection.

My pick would be [name]Jasper[/name] for a boy, then again, its on my list too.

Some feedback:
[name]Marigold[/name] - this is growing on me as a flower name. Two years ago I didn’t like [name]Poppy[/name], and now I do, so in a few months I’ll probably love this one too!
[name]Poppy[/name] - love, but especially as a nn for [name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Stella[/name] too popular? - up and coming, but still nowhere near the Top 30
[name]Violet[/name]- too popular? - same as [name]Stella[/name], although a bit more popular I think thanks to the Afflecks
[name]Lena[/name] (lee-nah) - pretty, but I prefer [name]Lila[/name] and [name]Luna[/name]
[name]Lila[/name]- [name]LOVE[/name]… too popular? - I do know of a few baby Lilahs and [name]Lilas[/name], and thinking of it in a classroom context a [name]Lila[/name] would go to school with a lot of Lilys, so I would say too popular if that worries you
[name]Daisy[/name]- I had a dog called this tho, so I won’t use it but I love it - very cute
[name]Luna[/name]- love a million, but is it too [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name]?? Course I would never use it with [name]Stella[/name]. I prefer [name]Luna[/name] over [name]Stella[/name]. I guess the [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name] connection isn’t that bad because I like [name]Luna[/name] Lovegood I just don’t want to be seen as copying it? - I really wouldn’t worry about [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name]. It’s a [name]LOVELY[/name] name (one of my favourites too!)
[name]Harriet[/name]- what do you think? I don’t know. - Bit too old fashioned for me still
[name]Clementine[/name]- sort of. - I like
[name]Beatrix[/name]- Soooo amazingly cute. - I like a lot

Boys:
[name]Theo[/name] or [name]Theodore[/name]- [name]LOVE[/name] [name]LOVE[/name] [name]LOVE[/name] - this is gorgeous, and you’ll probably catch it before it becomes TOO popular
[name]Jasper[/name]- I’ve never met one but I can see it getting popular - I agree. Depends where you live, but this is definitely on the rise in the UK birth announcements. But I love it, and again, I think you can still be one of the early adopters. It’s never going to be as popular as a [name]Jacob[/name] or a [name]Daniel[/name].
Also is [name]Casper[/name] too friendly-ghost?? I love [name]Casper[/name]. - still a bit cartoon for me
[name]Henry[/name] - love, but popular
[name]William[/name]- different to my others tho… so is [name]Henry[/name] I guess. I like the above better than these but [name]Will[/name] is so handsome. - I also really like [name]Will[/name].

I love all of your favourites, [name]Luna[/name], [name]Theo[/name] and [name]Beatrix[/name]. Here are some names that you may like:

[name]Lucia[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Livia[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Bella[/name]
[name]Darcy[/name]
[name]Maisie[/name]
[name]Lilac[/name]
[name]Lilou[/name]
[name]Lorelai[/name]
[name]Lara[/name]
[name]Leah[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Calla[/name]
[name]Holly[/name]
[name]Tansy[/name]
[name]Flora[/name]
[name]Lois[/name]
[name]Orla[/name]
[name]Primrose[/name]
[name]Rose[/name]
[name]Cymbeline[/name]
[name]Cicely[/name]
[name]Juno[/name]
[name]Juniper[/name]

[name]Matteo[/name]
[name]Lucas[/name]
[name]Felix[/name]
[name]Harry[/name]
[name]Charlie[/name]
[name]Jack[/name] (although no 1 in the UK)
[name]Harvey[/name]
[name]Edmund[/name]
[name]Nicholas[/name]

Sorry, that’s quite a long list! Good luck and keep us posted how you get on!

[name]Marigold[/name]: don’t think this works as a first, what about middle?

[name]Poppy[/name]: I like it as a nickname–how do you feel about [name]Penelope[/name]?

[name]Stella[/name] : pretty, but getting very popular, don’t know if that matters to you–what about [name]Estella[/name] or [name]Tella[/name]?

[name]Violet[/name]- : see [name]Stella[/name], what about [name]Violetta[/name]?

[name]Lena[/name] (lee-nah): very nice name

[name]Lila[/name]- see [name]Stella[/name], what about your [name]Lena[/name] and [name]Luna[/name]?

[name]Daisy[/name]- well if you had a dog called that, I wouldn’t recommend it…

[name]Luna[/name]- if you really love it, then [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name] doesn’t matter. You’ll be able to forget about it after a while and I actually think it’s kind of a cool connection. I don’t see it as “copying” at all!

[name]Harriet[/name]- this seems kind of old-ladyish to me, but then again those are in style now…a middle name?

[name]Clementine[/name]- if you only sort of like it, what about as a middle name?

[name]Beatrix[/name]- sounds nice and peppy, plus [name]Bea[/name] is such a cute nickname!

Boys:
[name]Theo[/name] or [name]Theodore[/name]- I love these

[name]Jasper[/name]- again, a good name–it is not popular yet but it is heading there, don’t know if it matters to you–about [name]Casper[/name], I’m not sure

[name]Henry[/name]: nice name

[name]William[/name]- [name]Will[/name] is nice

PS: Any of the names I said were popular could also be great middles! Good luck! And I [name]Love[/name] [name]Love[/name] [name]Love[/name] [name]Luna[/name], [name]Theo[/name], and [name]Beatrix[/name]!! :slight_smile:

I love your naming style!

[name]Marigold[/name] - adorable, and very unusual.
[name]Poppy[/name] - I love! This is on my list … I think it is utterly adorable but would suit an adult well, too. You can always use [name]Penelope[/name] and nn her [name]Poppy[/name], too.
[name]Stella[/name] - not my favourite on your list, but still nice.
[name]Violet[/name] - apparently very popular, but I think it is just so pretty.
[name]Lena[/name] - very nice, but it’s likely you will get pronunciation issues such as lay-na
[name]Lila[/name] - quite popular I think, and also very similar to [name]Lily[/name], which is pretty up there too.
[name]Daisy[/name] - cute.
[name]Luna[/name] - This is on my list too! I think the [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name] connection is strong, but hopefully that will have waned in a few years … maybe. Like you said, she’s quite a cool character, anyway. Beware of ‘loony’ teasing.
[name]Harriet[/name] - not my favourite name, but it is perfectly nice. Kind of … ordinary compared to your other choices.
[name]Clementine[/name] - getting popular.
[name]Beatrix[/name] - a classic, and will age well. [name]Bea[/name] is a cute nn for a little girl, too.

Boys:
[name]Theo[/name] or [name]Theodore[/name] - a handsome classic. [name]Theodore[/name] is especially lovely, because you can use the adorable (in my opinion) nn [name]Teddy[/name] for a baby boy
[name]Jasper[/name] - may get popular because of Twilight, but I love this one.
[name]Casper[/name] - why not? Very unusual and handsome. I do think of the friendly ghost, but not until after I’ve thought ‘oh, how gorgeous’, and I would never think you had named him after the ghost (which may not even be known so well among today’s children) so I shouldn’t think it would be a problem. Also, it’s not as if he were an undesirable character.
[name]Henry[/name] - a classic.
[name]William[/name] - another classic, and has better nn options than [name]Henry[/name].

Some other names :
Girls :
[name]Rosamund[/name]/[name]Rosetta[/name] etc.
[name]Cassia[/name]/[name]Cassandra[/name]/[name]Cassiopeia[/name]
[name]Aria[/name]
[name]Tulip[/name]
Celandine
[name]Ondine[/name]/[name]Undine[/name]
[name]Clara[/name]
[name]Amandine[/name]
[name]Andromeda[/name]
Antlia
[name]Leia[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Evadne[/name] (ev-ad-nee)
[name]Ophelia[/name]
[name]Odette[/name]
[name]Isolde[/name] (iz-old-uh)
[name]Thisbe[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Orla[/name]
[name]Amarantha[/name]
[name]Flora[/name]
[name]Ianthe[/name] (means violet) (yan-thee)

Boys :
[name]Nathaniel[/name]
[name]Peregrine[/name]
[name]Tristan[/name]/[name]Tristram[/name]
[name]Jacob[/name]
[name]James[/name]
[name]Everett[/name]
[name]Tarquin[/name].

Good luck!

[name]Hi[/name] everyone! I am going to take some time to look over all these wonderful suggestions again and talk to my husband.
thanks so much!
I’ll get back to you soon

[name]Marigold[/name] ” Others really like this name, but I personally don”t see the appeal.
[name]Poppy[/name] ” I think this is a very cute nn for [name]Penelope[/name] ([name]LOVE[/name] [name]Penelope[/name]).
[name]Stella[/name] ” I really like the name [name]Stella[/name], but I”m afraid it”s becoming popular.
[name]Violet[/name]- I love [name]Violet[/name], but I actually prefer it in the middle.
[name]Lena[/name] (lee-nah) ” It”s cute.
[name]Lila[/name]- I like [name]Lila[/name], but prefer [name]Lena[/name].
[name]Daisy[/name]- Makes me think of a dog as well.
[name]Luna[/name]- I think [name]Luna[/name] is fabulous and don”t think [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name] at all.
[name]Clementine[/name]- [name]Love[/name] this name, but what do you use for a nn? That bothers me for some reason.
[name]Beatrix[/name]- One of my all time favourites!!!

[name]Theo[/name] or [name]Theodore[/name]- [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Theodore[/name].
[name]Jasper[/name]- I, too, sense the popularity of this.
[name]Casper[/name] ” I see all ghost.
[name]Henry[/name] ” One of my all time favourite names! It is a bit popular, but I don”t care about that as much with boys for some reason.
[name]William[/name]- Another one I love!

Of your choices my favourites are [name]Beatrix[/name] and [name]Henry[/name] or [name]Theo[/name].

Best of luck to you! =)

I agree with the [name]Margaret[/name] and [name]Elizabeth[/name] thing I always go for a variant of the name eg [name]Marguerite[/name] or [name]Eliza[/name].

I know a 9 y.o. [name]Jasper[/name] and I love the name definitely one to put on your list.
I like [name]Theo[/name] over [name]Theodore[/name] and believe it is a stand alone name, and very handsome.
[name]Casper[/name] is very unusual and probably won’t get on the top 20 popularity lists and yes the Ghost does dampen it a bit.
[name]Henry[/name] is classic and I love the nn of [name]Harry[/name] even more. I believe that [name]Henry[/name] is going through a strong popularity phase.
[name]Will[/name] is handsome just make sure that your surname doesn’t start with an L. (Please use [name]William[/name] as a full name and nn him [name]Will[/name])
[name]Beatrix[/name] and [name]Beatrice[/name] are both name to have on your list
[name]Violet[/name] isn’t too popular but it is a lovely choice it would be right near the top of my list.
[name]Harriet[/name] and [name]Stella[/name] have the same vibe but I haven’t thought of a good nn for [name]Harriet[/name] yet not that it needs it and neither does [name]Stella[/name] and that is a good thing in my book.
[name]Lila[/name], [name]Lilah[/name], [name]Leila[/name] are very popular and I find it a confusing name to say. Does one say Lie or [name]Lee[/name].
[name]Lena[/name] would be a bad name for a fat child
[name]Love[/name] [name]Poppy[/name] and [name]Daisy[/name], sorry don’t share your love of [name]Luna[/name] reminds me of lunatic.
[name]Clementine[/name] is a beautiful name
[name]Marigold[/name] is too cutesy for my taste.

[name]Alexandra[/name] [name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Marguerite[/name] [name]Elise[/name] nn [name]Daisy[/name]
[name]Violet[/name] [name]Isabelle[/name]
[name]Harriet[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Jacqueline[/name] [name]Kate[/name] if you want to have and say Lean as in [name]Lena[/name] in the name, personally I pronounce it as [name]Lyn[/name]
[name]Ethel[/name] [name]Florence[/name]
[name]Willa[/name] [name]Joyce[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Jane[/name] nn [name]Trixie[/name]

[name]Hope[/name] that this gets you off to a good start

[name]Marigold[/name]: I think that [name]Marigold[/name] is darling, and I love the potential [name]Goldie[/name] nickname. :slight_smile:

[name]Poppy[/name]: I think that [name]Poppy[/name] is sweet, but I personally prefer it as a nickname for [name]Penelope[/name].

[name]Stella[/name]: I like [name]Stella[/name], but thanks to [name]Tori[/name] Spelling’s little [name]Stella[/name] and the popularity of [name]Ella[/name], I can see the name rising in popularity (it’s #186 now). Perhaps you like [name]Estella[/name]?

[name]Violet[/name]: I love this name, especially in the middle. It’s presently ranked #184.

[name]Lena[/name] (lee-nah): I love [name]Lena[/name], but have heard it pronounced as “lee-na,” and “lay-na,” so pronunciation may be an issue. I really love [name]Lena[/name] as a nickname for [name]Helena[/name].

[name]Lila[/name]: I really love [name]Lila[/name], too. :slight_smile: It’s #179 now, but [name]Pam[/name] and [name]Linda[/name] have written that it will surge in popularity.

[name]Daisy[/name]: I love [name]Daisy[/name] and [name]Maisie[/name] as nicknames for [name]Margaret[/name], but like you said, it’s your dog’s name.

[name]Luna[/name]: I think [name]Luna[/name] is lovely, but like Twinkle said, I’d personally be worried about potential “Looney” teasing.

[name]Harriet[/name]: I think the [name]Hattie[/name] nickname is sweet. :slight_smile: I also love [name]Henrietta[/name].

[name]Clementine[/name]: I love [name]Clementine[/name], nn [name]Cleo[/name].

[name]Beatrix[/name]: [name]Beatrix[/name] is one of my all-time favorites! :slight_smile:

[name]Theo[/name] or [name]Theodore[/name]: I’m a HUGE [name]Theodore[/name] (nn [name]Theo[/name]) fan! [name]LOVE[/name] it! :slight_smile:

[name]Jasper[/name]: I really like this name, too…

Also is [name]Casper[/name] too friendly-ghost??: I have to admit that while I think [name]Casper[/name] is cool, I do associate it with the little ghost.

[name]Henry[/name]: [name]LOVE[/name]!

[name]William[/name]: I don’t think [name]William[/name] is different from [name]Henry[/name] or [name]Theodore[/name], and I think it’s handsome.

I don’t think your list is all over the place at all, and I love the names! I think you’ve got varying degrees of classic/vintage names, ranging from the familiar to the more exotic/offbeat.

More exotic/offbeat:

[name]Marigold[/name] ([name]Marigold[/name] and [name]Luna[/name] aren’t exactly vintage/classic, but even though they feel like they’re the most exotic here, I still think they work with the other names…)
[name]Poppy[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Lena[/name]
[name]Luna[/name]
[name]Casper[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name]

More familiar:
[name]Stella[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Lila[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] (I can see it here, too)
[name]Harriet[/name] (although I can see it in the above list, too…)
[name]Daisy[/name]
[name]Henry[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name]
[name]William[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name] (I can see it here, too…)

From your list, my favorites are [name]Beatrix[/name], [name]Marigold[/name], [name]Violet[/name], [name]Clementine[/name], [name]Henry[/name], and [name]Theodore[/name].

Best wishes to you! :slight_smile:

[name]Marigold[/name] [name]Blythe[/name]
[name]Marigold[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Marigold[/name] [name]Mae[/name]

[name]Poppy[/name] [name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Poppy[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Poppy[/name] [name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Poppy[/name] [name]Winifred[/name]

[name]Violet[/name] [name]Annabelle[/name]
[name]Violet[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Violet[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Violet[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Violet[/name] [name]Mirabelle[/name]

[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Delphine[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Louise[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Mae[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Rosalie[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Violet[/name]

You may also like (I normally check for repeats, but I forgot!):

[name]Arabella[/name]
[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Celia[/name]
[name]Clover[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Frances[/name]
[name]Felicity[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Henrietta[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Jane[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Mabel[/name]
[name]Mirabelle[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name] (nn [name]Poppy[/name])
[name]Tess[/name]
[name]Theodora[/name]
[name]Winifred[/name]

[name]Henry[/name] [name]Augustin[/name]
[name]Henry[/name] [name]Dashiell[/name]
[name]Henry[/name] [name]Elias[/name]
[name]Henry[/name] [name]Gabriel[/name]
[name]Henry[/name] [name]Miles[/name]
[name]Henry[/name] [name]Nathaniel[/name]
[name]Henry[/name] [name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Henry[/name] [name]Samuel[/name]
[name]Henry[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name]
[name]Henry[/name] [name]Theodore[/name]

[name]Theodore[/name] [name]Charles[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name] [name]James[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name] [name]Miles[/name]

[name]Atticus[/name]
[name]Augustin[/name]
[name]Conrad[/name]
[name]Calvin[/name]
[name]Dexter[/name]
[name]Everett[/name]
[name]Franklin[/name]
[name]Frederick[/name]
[name]Leo[/name]
[name]Milo[/name]
[name]Phineas[/name]
[name]Simon[/name]
[name]Truman[/name]
[name]Xavier[/name]

Best wishes to you! :slight_smile:

[name]Jill[/name],
[name]Love[/name] [name]Poppy[/name] [name]Winifred[/name] and [name]Henry[/name] [name]Samuel[/name], such friendly and comfy names!

Hello everyone, thanks for your amazing suggestions! I have had a good look through them all now. [name]Haven[/name]'t spoken to my husband… kinda putting that off!
I am such a nerd that I read all the comments and wrote down my notes. Oh dear. [name]Hope[/name] I didn’t forget anyone!

Aklein-
Not sure what [name]Marigold[/name] gloves are so I don’t have that connection but not really sure it is a substantial name anyway…
For [name]Harriet[/name] I actually quite like the nn [name]Hattie[/name].
I love the [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Potter[/name] association! Did you know she was born [name]Helen[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Potter[/name]? I love [name]Peter[/name] Rabbit. I also love your [name]Luna[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name] suggestion! What a great name!!

[name]Jemma[/name]-
[name]Love[/name] your name by the way! I agree that [name]Luna[/name] is not a bad character to be associated with, she is actually one of my favorites! I love her eccentricity:)
I also love [name]Jasper[/name]. It is so cute.

Lamps-
[name]Lila[/name]'s popularity does indeed worry me. I have never met a [name]Jasper[/name] either, I live in Australia and don’t think it’s popular here but I really can see it becoming so… it’s too gorgeous not to!
I like your suggestions of [name]Lilac[/name] (wonderful alternative to [name]Lila[/name]), [name]Calla[/name], [name]Flora[/name], [name]Cicely[/name] and [name]Juniper[/name].
And [name]Felix[/name] for boys is really nice too. I like [name]Felix[/name] alot. It is growing on me.
[name]Don[/name]'t apologise for a long list, I appreciate it so much!

Mariaj09-
I agree about [name]Marigold[/name] maybe not working for a first but I still love it. I like [name]Estella[/name] but [name]Tella[/name] makes me think of a bank teller. And yes, I definitely prefer [name]Luna[/name] over [name]Lena[/name] and [name]Lila[/name]. I like alot of four letter names starting with L actually… I love [name]Lucy[/name] to. [name]Violetta[/name] is a bit over the top for me and [name]Violet[/name] is too popular so maybe as a mn…
[name]Glad[/name] you like my favorites!

Twinkle:
Thank you, I think we have similar tastes!
I too would worry about pronunciation of [name]Lena[/name]. I had a friend called [name]Krysten[/name] and she would always get [name]Kirsten[/name], [name]Christine[/name], [name]Krystal[/name], etc. So annoying!
I don’t really care about potential Loony teasing… I think if kids want to tease they will find a way no matter what and I love the name too much to give it up. She will have to deal with Loony because I love [name]Luna[/name]!! Haha. I agree that [name]Harriet[/name] is ordinary, I wouldn’t use it but I like it. I love [name]Teddy[/name] and [name]Theo[/name] but not so much [name]Theodore[/name]… hmmm.
The [name]Casper[/name] association may be less for the younger generation but it kind of bothers me although I think it’s a great name and still on the list! [name]Love[/name] your suggetions of [name]Rosetta[/name], [name]Tulip[/name], [name]Ivy[/name] and [name]Flora[/name]. Thank you!!

[name]Carter[/name]-
I’m glad you don’t make the [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name] connection, I would be mortified if that was all anyone thought of. [name]Jill[/name] mentioned the nn [name]Cleo[/name] for [name]Clementine[/name] and I really like that but am not sure about [name]Clementine[/name]…

[name]Rollo[/name]-
I agree that [name]Theo[/name] can stand alone. I like the nn [name]Hattie[/name] for [name]Harriet[/name], don’t think [name]Stella[/name] needs one. Didn’t think of the Lean and [name]Lena[/name] connection, thanks for pointing that out.
I don’t really think Lunatic will be much associated with [name]Luna[/name], it certainly didn’t occur to me.

[name]Jill[/name]-
[name]Stella[/name]'s popularity is worrying, I like [name]Estella[/name]. [name]Don[/name]'t particularly care about the whole Loony thing because I love the name so much, as far as teasing nn’s go it isn’t that bad! [name]Cleo[/name] is a great nn!
[name]Love[/name] your suggestions of [name]Marigold[/name] [name]Mae[/name] (SO CUTE!), [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Violet[/name], [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Jae[/name], [name]Alice[/name], [name]Celia[/name], [name]Henrietta[/name], [name]Hazel[/name] and [name]LOVE[/name] [name]LOVE[/name] [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Clover[/name]!! For boys I like [name]Oliver[/name], [name]August[/name] and [name]Dashiell[/name] (as mn’s), but how do you pronounce [name]Dashiell[/name]? Thanks for your great suggestions.

The shortlist currently is standing at, in no particular order:
[name]Luna[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Clover[/name]
[name]Flora[/name]
[name]Juniper[/name]

And:
[name]Theo[/name]
[name]Felix[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name]
[name]William[/name]

What do you think?

Thanks so much everybody!!!

What do I think? I think you could probably name my children one day because I [name]LOVE[/name] all of your shortlist names! So whatever you pick, the little one is going to have a gorgeous name. If I had to choose, my favourites from your list would be [name]Luna[/name] and [name]Jasper[/name].
I’ll leave it to the other ladies here to suggest combinations, but I look forward to hearing which names you pick. Good luck!

I love [name]Poppy[/name] as well but I like [name]Piper[/name] as an alternate. [name]Jasper[/name] and [name]Casper[/name] I don’t like. [name]Jasper[/name] sounds to feminine for a boy and [name]Casper[/name] is and will always be the friendly ghost.

Might I make a recommendation for another really cool girls name?

Fuschia.

It’s bold, it’s beautiful and it is also the name of Sting’s daughter.

For a boy my current fave is [name]Nile[/name] like the [name]Nile[/name] [name]River[/name].

p.s. No offense taken about not liking [name]Elizabeth[/name]. I agree with you 100% about it being a great middle name. I do not like it as a first name either but unfortunately I’m kind of stuck with it. Luckily at least my parents had the sense to soften it up a bit by spelling it with an “S” instead of a “Z” so I never had to go by “[name]Liz[/name]”-- a nickname in which I greatly dislike! :slight_smile:

[name]Elisabeth[/name] Pani

[name]Annalise[/name] thank you so much for going to so much trouble in responding to each poster personally I am sure we all appreciate your thoughtfulness. I know I do.

I am an Aussie too! BTW (By the way)

I love the [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Potter[/name] association and [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Flora[/name] would make a stunning classical combo.

I have never heard of anyone named [name]Juniper[/name], [name]Luna[/name] or [name]Flora[/name] so these names will definitely stand out from the crowd if you use them.

You have so many combo choices from your boy’s list.

I am really fond of [name]Jasper[/name], so I think that my combos would be [name]Jasper[/name] [name]William[/name] or [name]William[/name] [name]Jasper[/name]
[name]Theo[/name] [name]William[/name]
[name]Felix[/name] [name]William[/name]

If you like [name]Flora[/name] maybe you will like [name]Fern[/name] too?

Best wishes and please let us know what you decide on or if you need more inspiration and we will put our thinking caps on for you.

[name]Luna[/name] - so pretty and unusual, and you seem to really love this one (also, I agree with you about the teasing).
[name]Beatrix[/name] - a beautiful classic.
[name]Hazel[/name] - very nice.
[name]Clover[/name] - unusual and spunky, but pretty too.
[name]Flora[/name] - so lovely; it’s a refined classic, but beautiful and not very common.
[name]Juniper[/name] - I really like unusual plant names, too! This is very nice, but I personally prefer [name]Clover[/name].

And:
[name]Theo[/name] - handsome, and I think this is one of those traditional nicknames that you can get away with using as a full name.
[name]Felix[/name] - another handsome, traditional name, but still unusual.
[name]Jasper[/name] - I adore.
[name]William[/name] - very nice, but perhaps a little popular.

I think [name]Lena[/name], [name]Estella[/name], [name]Marigold[/name] and [name]Violet[/name] would all make lovely middle names (I’m sorry, I’ve forgotten a lot of the names you first mentioned). You just have to beware of doubling up on plant names!

Good luck!

Thank you so much Lamps! I love [name]Luna[/name] and [name]Jasper[/name] too. I will keep you posted!

[name]Rollo[/name], You’re an Aussie? I’m from [name]Melbourne[/name].
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Flora[/name] is beautiful. I have never heard anyone named most of the names I like which is a good thing!

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Fern[/name]!! It is going on my short list. I think [name]Fern[/name] can replace [name]Juniper[/name]. Thank you:):slight_smile:

Thank you [name]Elisabeth[/name]! I’m glad you’re not offended… I don’t even know why I wrote that I dislike the name! I had read about it being suggested alot I think…
With an S is much nicer tho. I know too many [name]Libby[/name]'s and [name]Liz[/name]'s! I don’t like my name either. I go by [name]Anna[/name].
I like Fuschia and love [name]Nile[/name]! I kind of like [name]Magenta[/name] as well. But [name]Mag[/name] would probably be a nn…
blegh.