Some interesting names I've heard at camp!

Working as a camp counselor this summer, I ran across some interesting names!

Megana ([name]MEG[/name]-ah-nah)- a sweet little girl, whose parents are first-generation [name]Indian[/name] immigrants. I can’t seem to find the meaning, but I might be spelling it wrong.

[name]Salvatore[/name] ([name]SAL[/name]-vah-tore)- he’s just the sweetest little kid! He goes by [name]Sal[/name], which I find adorable :slight_smile:

[name]Latasha[/name] (la-[name]TASH[/name]-ah)- a sassy, energetic girl! Her name fits her to a tee. (She is, in fact, african american. [name]Latasha[/name] was apparently her grandmother’s name.) *I went to McDonalds, and I met a girl named [name]Latara[/name]. I like this too!

[name]Rubin[/name]- quiet, enjoys soccer and ninjas. [name]Asian[/name] american, which I found interesting. He’s made me like [name]Rubin[/name] again!

[name]Darius[/name]- a very nice african-american boy! [name]Rubin[/name]'s best friend. It was literally a pleasure to call their names together… “[name]Rubin[/name] and [name]Darius[/name]! Let’s go, boys!”

9 year olds I had two of:
[name]Victoria[/name] (one was [name]Vicki[/name], one was [name]Tori[/name])
[name]Ethan[/name] (they were best friends, it was strange)
[name]Megan[/name]
[name]John[/name]
[name]Andrew[/name]

Names that I heard but did not meet the kids they belong to (and therefore may be spelling them completely wrong):
[name]Vika[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Hank[/name]
[name]Kerry[/name]
[name]Alan[/name] (SO happy to hear this on a 7-year-old!)
[name]Devin[/name] (unsure if it was a guy or a girl…)

***and I did indeed meet some Victims of the Trends
[name]Tristan[/name] (girl)
[name]Kaleigh[/name] [kay-lee] (girl)
[name]Kayden[/name] (boy)

Any thoughts? Comments?

[name]EDIT[/name]: I met some counselors with interesting names too! Keep in mind they’re all 20-something

Reici ([name]RYE[/name]-cee)- I asked, he told me it was his mother’s maiden name.
[name]Jovan[/name] ([name]JOE[/name]-vahn)- not sure about this one. He’s a great guy, though!
Kassandria- she dislikes her name, goes by [name]Sandy[/name]. I actually like it, but would prefer Cassandria.

I really like [name]Rubin[/name], [name]Fiona[/name], and [name]Alan[/name]! I agree with you, it is very refreshing to hear [name]Alan[/name] on a little boy. It is such a handsome, strong name. Definitely a classic. [name]Do[/name] you know if [name]Kerry[/name] was a boy or a girl? I think [name]Kerry[/name] is very handsome on a boy, so if [name]Kerry[/name] was a boy, I love that too!

I can’t believe somebody named their daughter [name]Tristan[/name]. Really?! Everything about [name]Tristan[/name] is masculine. Does nobody know the story of [name]Tristan[/name] and [name]Isolde[/name] anymore? The trendeigh spelling of [name]Kaylee[/name] makes it appear masculine. As for [name]Kayden[/name], all of the -aden names officially sound tired and dated to my ears. I am ready for the -aden trend to go.

I think [name]Kerry[/name] was a girl, but the mom was talking to her two kids, and they were, you guessed it, a boy and a girl. So I don’t know.

The the kids with trendy names are great kids! Some of my favorites, in fact. Their names, though… ugh.