Some names I've been thinking of lately...

[name]Madeleine[/name] (nn [name]Leni[/name])
[name]Rose[/name]*
[name]Josepha[/name] (nn Sephie or [name]Posey[/name]… My mom said she recently had a patient with this FN and it reminded me how much I love it! Too unusual? I think [name]Josephine[/name] might work better with my list…)
[name]Posey[/name] (can it work on its own? I’m not sure about [name]Josephine[/name] or [name]Primrose[/name] as longer forms…)
[name]Lena[/name] (said like a mix between [name]LAY[/name]-nah and [name]LEN[/name]-ah. Definitely not [name]LEE[/name]-nah, though… What would you use it as a nn for?)
[name]Lydia[/name] (nn [name]Lydie[/name])
[name]Anneliese[/name] (nn [name]Annie[/name])
[name]Maren[/name] (I like that it would combine my grandmother’s MN, [name]Mae[/name], and my mom’s FN, [name]Karen[/name]…)
[name]Tess[/name]

• I figure I should explain about [name]Rose[/name], since I’m sure someone has heard me being not-so-welcoming about it, haha. My little sister’s birth flower is the rose, and her favorite flower is the rose… I’m not a huge fan of [name]Rose[/name] as a FN (it seems a bit overrated to me), and I used to not be too crazy about it as a MN (too filler), but due to how much significance it has for my sister (who I would definitely like to honor someday), do you think it might be a good choice? I wouldn’t consider it as a FN in a million years, haha, but I’m warming up to it as a MN…

Thanks, ladies!

[name]Madeleine[/name] - one of my favorites, though my nickname of choice is [name]Minnie[/name]. If only DH hadn’t been burned out by all the [name]Madeline[/name] shows [name]Annabel[/name] loves to watch. Now anything that sounds remotely like [name]Madeline[/name] sets his teeth on edge. sigh
[name]Rose[/name] - I quite like [name]Rose[/name] as a first name. It somewhat irks me in the middle slot. I’m not sure it would translate as honoring your sister. I suppose it would depend on how she feels about it.
[name]Josepha[/name] - I’m not a fan of this, though I adore [name]Josephine[/name]. [name]Josepha[/name] just seems too stately.
[name]Posey[/name] - I think [name]Posey[/name] is best left as a nickname. It is darling as one.
[name]Lena[/name] - I like [name]Lena[/name], and think it can stand on its own. [name]Magdalena[/name] would be an interesting way to get to it, though.
[name]Lydia[/name] - I love [name]Lydia[/name], but can’t get past the unsavory character of [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Bennet[/name] from [name]Jane[/name] [name]Austen[/name]'s Pride and Prejudice.
[name]Anneliese[/name] - [name]Lovely[/name]. Would you pronounce it the [name]German[/name] way, or as anna-lees?
[name]Maren[/name] - I can see the appeal of [name]Maren[/name], but it grates me a bit.
[name]Tess[/name] - I adore [name]Tess[/name]. Cute and womanly at the same time.

[name]Madeleine[/name] - Like it!
[name]Rose[/name] - I think it’s a good middle name, especially since it has meaning. I only know one little girl with that middle name, and it’s because it’s her mom’s middle name.
[name]Josepha[/name] - Sorry but I really really don’t like it. Strongly prefer [name]Josephine[/name]!
[name]Posey[/name] - I don’t like it personally. It’s ok as a nn.
[name]Lena[/name] - I prefer the [name]Lee[/name]-nah pronunciation. [name]Lee[/name] would be a good nn. It’s an ok name.
[name]Lydia[/name] - Nice, NMS though.
[name]Anneliese[/name] - I like it.
[name]Maren[/name] - Very nice, especially with the meaning behind it. Have you considered [name]Maura[/name]?
[name]Tess[/name] - Like it!

[name]Madeleine[/name]- Very cute, I had the nicest math tutor with this name so good associations:)
[name]Rose[/name]- I think it is very cute as a first name or a middle name, would you consider a longer version of a rose name (rosalie/rosalia/rosemarie,etc).
I much prefer [name]Josephine[/name].
[name]Posey[/name]- it reminds me of the nursey rhyme ring around the rosie, pockets full of posie etc. which doesnt have the best meaning. sorry:(
lena- I like it, I like it pronounced lay-nah better.
[name]Lydia[/name]- nms but I think it is a nice name for a little girl nonetheless.
[name]Anneliese[/name]- I think it is very cute:)
[name]Maren[/name]- Nms but I like the family connections
[name]Tess[/name]- I like this name:)

[name]Madeleine[/name] - I like it! I knew a [name]Madelena[/name] once, that would give you the NN [name]Leni[/name] and [name]Lena[/name].
[name]Rose[/name] - I think it would make a really nice 2nd MN :slight_smile:
[name]Josepha[/name] - I prefer [name]Josephine[/name] but I like this one a lot too.
[name]Posey[/name] - I think it could work as an MN on its own are be a nice NN for Joespha/[name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Lena[/name] - I like it, but there are 5 [name]Lena[/name]'s at my church and they all pronounce it [name]LEE[/name]-na so I think you could run into pronunciation issues…
[name]Lydia[/name] (nn [name]Lydie[/name]) - I knew a [name]Lydia[/name] once and she was always teased because her name rhymed with chlamydia so that made the name unusable to me
[name]Anneliese[/name] - I have always had a soft spot for this name but I am not sure I would use it with [name]Arianne[/name]
[name]Maren[/name] - I like the family connection but not so much the name
[name]Tess[/name] - If I had been a teenage mom my daughter was going to be [name]Sophie[/name] [name]Tess[/name], so I like it as a MN but it seems to unsubstantial to use as a FN

ooh, I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Josepha[/name]. I’ve never heard that before. I love [name]Josephine[/name] as well, but [name]Josepha[/name] has such a cool, unique ring to it. And the nns you have are great too.

My other favorite from your list is [name]Maren[/name].

[name]Josepha[/name] [name]Rose[/name] has my vote, a less common first name balances a more simple standard mn that has special meaning for your family.

[name]Love[/name]:
[name]Josepha[/name]: It’s a family name for me ([name]Jozefa[/name]) so I dont really think of it as unusual at all! Beautiful name and with all the same sweet nicknames as other [name]Josephine[/name]/[name]Josephina[/name] names. If you prefer it to [name]Josephine[/name], use it as [name]Josepha[/name]!
[name]Tess[/name]: Classic, but spunky
[name]Maren[/name]: This name has grown on me more and more lately

Like:
[name]Madeleine[/name] (nn [name]Leni[/name]): [name]Love[/name].
[name]Lena[/name]: I went to college with a girl who was just [name]Lena[/name] as her full name, she wore it well
[name]Lydia[/name]: Nice classic, seems to be getting more traction these days

Not so much:
[name]Anneliese[/name] (nn [name]Annie[/name])

[name]Madeleine[/name] - I like it, an uncommon NN for a common name!
[name]Rose[/name] - [name]Rose[/name] is entirely overdone to me and I don’t think that a birth flower is close enough to honor someone but if it works for you than go for it!
[name]Josepha[/name] - I like it, more unique than [name]Josie[/name] and [name]Josephine[/name] but not weird
[name]Posey[/name] - I think [name]Posey[/name] works just fine on its own!!! I know a [name]Poppy[/name] so why not [name]Posey[/name] :smiley:
[name]Lena[/name] - I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Elena[/name] NN [name]Lena[/name]!
[name]Lydia[/name] - Not a fan, seems middle aged to me
[name]Anneliese[/name] - Very classy! I know an [name]Anneliese[/name] and she goes by Lissy but [name]Annie[/name] is cute too.
[name]Maren[/name] [name]Love[/name] the connection, maybe as a MN. I cannot see a [name]Maren[/name] being a sister to [name]Isabelle[/name]
[name]Tess[/name] - I like it, short and sweet