Some new names, very pretty!

Well at least I think so :wink:

1. [name]NATALIA[/name]: [name]Love[/name] it! Does you think it will ever become super popular? To me, it seems to be rising slowly. I don’t mind if it’s in top 100, I just don’t want it to become [name]Ava[/name] or [name]Isabella[/name] status ;). I don’t want it to be annoyingly popular. And do you think most people know the meaning of this name? I’m Jewish so the meaning (born on christmas) isn’t the best for me. But I still loooove this name. [name]How[/name] would you pronounce it? I think I like [name]Nuh[/name]-[name]Tahl[/name]-Ya best (like the “a” in papa), not [name]Nuh[/name]-[name]Tal[/name]-Ya (like the a in [name]Pal[/name]). The first way sounds better with my last name and I like the nn [name]Talia[/name] ([name]Tahlia[/name]). [name]Natalie[/name] [name]Iris[/name], [name]Natalie[/name] [name]Daphne[/name], [name]Natalie[/name] [name]Daisy[/name], or [name]Natalie[/name] [name]Camille[/name]? Want to keep a flower middle name

2. [name]MAYA[/name]: [name]Love[/name] this one. Could it work for any nationality these days? It IS popular but not
    annoyingly slow and it doesn’t seem to be jumping to first place. I think it’s gorgeous. It’s staying stead in the 30’s in my state
    and I don’t hear it everywhere. Plus it doesn’t have any nn’s like [name]Elle[/name] or [name]Bella[/name], which are super common. [name]Maya[/name] [name]Camille[/name], [name]Maya[/name] [name]Daphne[/name], [name]Maya[/name]
    [name]Daisy[/name]? Oh and my last name sounds like Mir-Uh-Lee or Mir-Eh-Lee…stress on the second syllable sounds. It’s
    alliteration but I think it works.

3. [name]ANASTASIA[/name]: Like, but a bit long. [name]Love[/name] nn [name]Annie[/name] and stasia though. hmmm

4. SERENA - so pretty! And not overly popular?

5. SELENA - love it. Can it be used for any culture?Worried it might sound out of place in my sib set??

6. Eloise- love

7). Penelope- love and all nn are great

1. Daphne - so cute!!!

2. Louisa

3. Tessa

[name]How[/name] do you think these names sound in my sib set? If we ever have another little boy his name will probably be
[name]Oliver[/name] [name]Henry[/name], but that could change. Just want a very pretty name that will age well, is classy, and not obnoxioulsy popular :slight_smile:

Thanks!!

[name]Hi[/name]!

I pronounce [name]Natalia[/name] [name]Nuh[/name]-[name]Tal[/name]-Ee-Uh (tal like pal) but that’s just me. A gorgeous name. I didn’t know the meaning of it, to be honest. I don’t think it’s that bad. And I love [name]Robbie[/name], [name]Violet[/name] & [name]Natalia[/name]/[name]Oliver[/name]! [name]Natalia[/name] [name]Daisy[/name] or [name]Natalia[/name] [name]Camille[/name] is my top pick from your list. [name]Natalia[/name] [name]June[/name] or [name]Natalia[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] is also very pretty.

I like [name]Maya[/name] way more than [name]Mia[/name], but I wouldn’t disregard it’s popularity. I think when [name]Mia[/name] gets tired, [name]Maya[/name] might be it’s follow up.

[name]Anastasia[/name] is very pretty and gives me the same feel as [name]Natalia[/name] :slight_smile:

My name is [name]Anastasia[/name], and while I like it enough now, it caused me grief for years…
…First, I would HIGHLY reccomend thinking about how your name will affect your child. I HATED my name growing up; it could never be pronounced unless I was with my Greek community (we say Uh-NAH-stah-see-yah, like “nice to see ya”), it could never be spelled, and during a phase when everyone put names on their backpacks and shirts, mine wouldn’t fit.
If you choose [name]Anastasia[/name], prepare a nickname to use as a backup. I never did, even though I wanted to, because "[name]Stacey[/name]’ was already taken by my cousin, which is the default nickname. It makes childhood/ teenage years easier.
I now realise it’s a rather sophisticated name, but how I wished to be a normal child for years.
If you already have “[name]Robby[/name]” and “[name]Violet[/name],” I think [name]Anastasia[/name] pronounced An-nuh-STAH-see-yah would fit…
It sounds very fitting with the others, which sound very good together anyway. I feel if you have two names that go together already, pick a name that completes the set with a third child…don’t be unique and exotic because then the other two might feel out of place. Plus the combination might not sound very good…
Growing up I knew a “[name]Lily[/name]” and “[name]Edward[/name]” and their mother had a third child and named her “[name]Nicolette[/name].” Which is a pretty name, but the whole set sounded off to everybody else.
Sorry to go on a rant, but I had a lot of baggage with my name and I wished my mother ([name]Maria[/name]) had picked a name for me that could have passed as normal in the American community. (My siblings are [name]Alexandria[/name], [name]Stephen[/name], and [name]Christina[/name]. They got good ones, especially [name]Alexandria[/name] who had a never-ending supply of nicknames to fit the changing times.)

So true!! I want a name that doesn’t cause issues. Haha. And ideally would like it to sound nice with [name]Robby[/name] and violet. [name]Eloise[/name], [name]Penelope[/name], [name]Tessa[/name], and [name]Daphne[/name] do just that :). [name]Natalia[/name], [name]Selena[/name], and [name]Maya[/name] are new but I do really like those too. [name]Just[/name] not sure if they fit. They don’t feel “me” yet but maybe that’s because they are new :wink:

[name]Natalia[/name], [name]Maya[/name] and [name]Anastasia[/name] are my favorites. cute but not overdone

[name]Tessa[/name], [name]Natalia[/name], and [name]Selena[/name] are my favorites of your picks. [name]Tessa[/name] is just so cute, compact enough without being boring, and not frilly, so I think it would work great with your sibset!!!

yeah, [name]Tessa[/name] has been on my list for a while now. Some days I think she’s just perfect! Cute, short, pretty, and just interesting enough, and a near perfect fit in my sib set. Other days I find her just a tad plain, hmmm.

[name]Natalia[/name] feels very interesting and elegant to me. It’s brand new on my list! The meaning bothers me a bit, but I doubt most people really know the meaning anyway.

[name]Selena[/name] is great too. It is more popular in the hispanic community, so I’m not sure if it’s the perfect fit. But it is very pretty and easy to say.

[name]Maya[/name] I love, but maybe too popular. Once [name]Mia[/name] dies out, I think she might be next in line! haha. Plus, it’s in the 30’s here in my state.

[name]Eloise[/name] and [name]Penelope[/name] are my “perfect sib set” names…especially [name]Eloise[/name] and I do find that name pretty. [name]Penelope[/name] is sooo sweet and love the nn’s, but the name is kinda clunky for my taste.

[name]Anastasia[/name] is great too, but yeah, it is a bit long and combersome, plus I don’t like the nn [name]Staci[/name] at all.

[name]Hi[/name] bellarina!
I thought you had decided on [name]Sylvie[/name]??

I love [name]Maya[/name], it’s on my list too. I also love [name]Serina[/name] and [name]Louisa[/name] from your list.

I love [name]Natalia[/name]. Keep in mind, though, that [name]Natalie[/name]'s extremely popular right now – I think it’s #12 or so. Obviously they’re not the same, but very similar, and perhaps something to consider. Nonetheless, [name]Natalia[/name] is absolutely lovely!

From your list I also love [name]Maya[/name], [name]Serena[/name], and [name]Louisa[/name]. Wonderful names!