Some polls on my new name crush! (Sura)

I am currently in love with [name_f]Sura[/name_f]. Although it’s a little more “short and sweet” than my usual favorites, something is drawing me to it. I also love the fact that it’s usable for me, because it has Yiddish roots. Once I find a new crush, I love making a ton of polls to see what others think!! Please answer honestly, and leave any extra thoughts in the replies :blush:

my overall opinion on [name_f]Sura[/name_f]
  • love
  • neutral
  • dislike
  • hate

0 voters

I personally know ____ Suras
  • more!!

0 voters

[name_f]Sura[/name_f] fits with your other names (soundwise and imagery)
  • totally!!
  • I could make it work…
  • nope
  • it doesn’t matter if your names fit together as long as you love them

0 voters

I prefer [name_f]Sura[/name_f] with a nickname
  • yes!! (reply :wink:)
  • nope
  • I generally prefer names with nicknames, but [name_f]Sura[/name_f] works as a stand-alone
  • other

0 voters

I instinctively pronounce [name_f]Sura[/name_f]…
  • Soo-ra
  • [name_m]Sir[/name_m]-a
  • other
  • I use both interchangeably

0 voters

general opinions on my current combo, [name_f]Sura[/name_f] [name_f]Mariam[/name_f]
  • I love this combo
  • I like this combo
  • I’m neutral on this combo
  • I dislike this combo
  • I hate this Combo
  • I love/like [name_f]Sura[/name_f], but not with [name_f]Mariam[/name_f]
  • I love/like both names, but not together
  • I love/like [name_f]Mariam[/name_f], but not with [name_f]Sura[/name_f]
  • other

0 voters

[name_f]Sura[/name_f]'s usability in [name_u]California[/name_u] (northwestern U.S.)
  • It’s usable
  • It’s not usable
  • It’s usable if you’re fine with the repercussions
  • I wouldn’t know

0 voters

[name_m]Even[/name_m] if most people dislike [name_f]Sura[/name_f], I should still keep it in my UC
  • yes
  • no

0 voters

Wow, these are more polls than I thought I was going to make!! Thank you all :blush:

2 Likes

My instinct was SHUR-uh (like the word sure + uh).

1 Like

It seems as if there might be many different pronounciations, especially since it has Yiddish, Thai, Romanian, and Arabic roots!!

1 Like

I pronounce it sort of like… Suur-rah (like Surah)! Its so pretty though :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I like [name_f]Mariam[/name_f] [name_f]Sura[/name_f] more than [name_f]Sura[/name_f] [name_f]Mariam[/name_f]. :slight_smile:

This is a lovely name that 100% is my style. The only problem with it is that it’s kind of “sure, uh”.

1 Like

I’d pronounce it Soo-ruh or sure-uh. I quite like it!

1 Like

I say like [name_u]Shura[/name_u], sure-ah

1 Like

I only know [name_u]Shura[/name_u] (shoo-rah), but I’d pronounce [name_f]Sura[/name_f] soo-rah.

1 Like

Sura makes me immediately think of the Qu’ran, and that will be the first/strongest association for some 25+ countries as well as Muslims and Arabs worldwide.

1 Like